Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Masters 2005] October Banter and Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangerforever said:
Cheers guys on all the well wishes.

This site is all about taking the mick out of each other but as I said to Tony on Monday having the respect of your friends and peers in the community is where it's at.
Hang on as I need to have a wee cry... ;)

Seriously though, I want to again thank Sapperton from the bottom of our hearts for allowing us to have Tony this weekend.
He is a class act and we can only hope one day to repay the favour he and your Club gave us.
Also, he basically broke his hand or finger on the weekend and played through it.
He refused to have it looked at until it was done.
He has balls the size of Texas and a heart of the same stature.
Multiplying what was a huge amount of consideration from Sapperton to the Rangers.

Gameboy:
If there ever is anything we can ever do for you and your mates, we owe you big time.
Please don't ever hesitate to ask and you have my word on it.

My favourite moment:
Our manager Larry hugging Tony and calmly explaining to him:
"You do realize in a couple of weeks we'll be jamming it right down your throat eh?" :D
Classic.

Anyhow, sorry to bore any of you with this, but sometimes the right things don't get said on a public forum like this and I needed to publicly show my Club's gratitude to Tony and Sapperton.

Cheers boys, we play Delta Friday at JO and best of luck to everyone this weekend, except Surrey United, ;)

RF

Tony is one tough bloke, no kidding. Kudos to Sapperton.

Phatanslow

Oct 2, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yadda,Yadda,yadda,
I love you , you love me, we all love Tony !!!!
Rangers this , Rangers that !!! All thank sapperton and there giving ways !!! Gezzus !!!!!
I say fark the friggin' Rangers, bunch of Nancy boys anyhow :wa:
And sapperton didn't lend you Tony , they got too stoned and forgot where he was !!!

twoleftfeet

Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lookstrangeinleather...

I'm shattered... :( I thought I was your favorite....how could you do this to me.....especially with HIM!! ....Everyone could see it but me......

I feel so used.....

:D

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
A wee mouse just told me that P_Sundowners_A just lodged a complaint with the league regarding Sappertons inability to find a field. Isn't this the same bunch of P_Sundowners_A's that switched a field from Unwin to Foster or Forseith the morning of the game a few years back and then stole the points from AllBlacks because half our team was at the other park.
PA has definitely slipped down the class scale a few notches with this action. Shame on you PA.

It is quite clear that Sapperton cancelled the game because they didn't have a goalie but Kudo’s to them for supporting Rangers.

WaterBoy, your park is just North of the freeway, West of 160th.

gameboy

Sep 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
For the peace arse whiners, it was the league that cancelled the game, not sapperton. Why would we not want to play you wankers?Congrats to the strangerfirechickens, well done representing all the old farts from the valley.THE BEST OVER 35 DIVISION IN CANADA.It would have been nice to see the JUDGE get a little more time in the final but when there is lots of fruits and vegetables to choose from not everyone gets the nod.Nothing much got bye Tony, maybe thats because his hand covered half the net, well done Tony!Oh ya, Ballsacks suck!!!

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to the Rangers for winning it all. Must admit though their competition was a bit suspect. Saw all three other teams and was not impressed. Sask didn't even score?? Fraser Valley league... the best?? Not sure, but it brings good conversation though.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes - A tainted victory indeed.
Possibly not as tainted as when we beat that other Italian team in the BC final though.
We were sure fortunate to win that one against suspect Italian competition too.

:eek: :p

Saskatchewan should get their house in order mind you.
Apparently they don't really have a formal league or Championship?
The guys they brought over are a 'Select' side or something.
Fcuk me, Inter could have beat these guys...

Alberta and Manitoba were worthy IMO.
Are they as good as the Top 10 teams here?
Probably not, but I suppose that's why BC has done so well in the past as Scottyshell ever so eloquently reminded us when we dropped our first game to Manitoba.

Anyhoo...

Is Erma Stephenson a School field?
Could have something to do with why the game was cancelled, but I'm not sure.
Also, could someone deal with this yappy dog for fcuk's sakes?
He's sitting here yippin and yappin looking up and jumping when I keep pointing at another tree for him to piss on....

:cool:

I love Tony,

RF

twoleftfeet

Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, fine then....I always loved a good conspiracy theory... :D and Sapperton ARE a bit of a dodgy bunch, you must admit... :D ...unless you ask the Slimmerthanever...cause they are in LOVE and you know how that clouds the mind... :wa: :wa:

Who wants money on Sappertons Keeper going to Rangers next year?!?!?! Now that he's had a taste of the Good Life... :cool:

Gayboy...no...you suck...and your momma too... :p

Lets see...Predictions for this weekend anyone!?!?!?

BallSacks - Alderbush
Men in Black desperatly need a win but aren't paniking just yet as 1 win gets us in the think of it again...Most of you will probably give Alderbush the nod so until Ballsacks can prove otherwise...we ARE the underdog...nuff said.

G.E.U. - Sapperton
All I can say is there is NOTHING more than I would love to see than a G.E.U. win.... :D However me thinks Sapperton will prevail....assuming they have a Goalie AND a field.

P.A. - ScUm
Should be a good entertaining match but ScUm will win this one unless J.P. stands on his heed.

Rangers - Delta
No slowing these boys down, even with the newly aquired Hardware, this will NOT act an an Anchor for the Boys In Blue. Me thinks Rangers will be hard for anyone to find thier way around...too deep and too motivated. Maybe a hiccup somewhere along the way but chances are that only ScUm has a legitimate chance of knocking off this crew.

Out

jordy

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Two Left Feet, Don't forget the O'Doules this weekend . I'm going to try and sell it to Cunning Stunt he probably will think it is an import
beer.

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions for the weekend;
AllBlacks vs Aldergrove After last weeks debacle I have no idea. If we play like crap we'll win but if we have a good game we're bound to lose.
DMU vs Rangers Interesting game, Rangers have the psychological advantage but are hurting for numbers and possibly a keeper, dare I say that Delta may upset the juggernauts.
Sapperton vs GEU GEU's luck cannot hold out. Sapperton will win and the Waterboy will post. Blah blah blah.
Peace Arch vs Surrey Utd. A thrashing, ScUm will dismantle this fragile defence. 5-0. Bong water for everyone after the match.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta 1 Rangers 4

Rangers went up 1-0 in the first couple of minutes. DMU tied it up. Then Rangers scored a great goal to make it 2-1 at HT. A couple more in the second half, but to be honest Delta could have had one or two more.

Pretty good effort by Delta but Rangers are just too powerful. Kudos to them.

Good to meet Rangerforever after the match.

On to PAU next week.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cheers Dazza, tonight was again a battle.

Bully who the hell is your scout? (well done by the way)

Yes - we had no goalie! R F played in goal and did it very well.

Yes - we were short! We have 23 players signed and only had 13 players tonight.

No - we were not going to lose or let Delta upset us tonight.

Cheers Delta boys! good battle tonight!

Gabby's next week as we play the very well scouted All Blacks! ;)

Let's go P A U .........................I mean S U. :rolleyes:

Shuey with three tonight! WoW! Man of the Match in my books.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Schuey Schmuey.

Whatever.

I backstop this useless tit side to an incredible victory and a pathetic 3 goal performance outweighs me?
Nothing fcuking outweighs me man.

:D

Cheers to you too Coach,

RF

Good to meet you too Dazza :cool:

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapperton 2, GEU 1.

A battle in crappy conditions. Both teams fought pretty hard and it could have gone either way. Oh well.

We don't love Tony. :mad:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scum 6
PAU 2

A shocking day for a game :rolleyes:

Pau was up 2-1 about 10 minutes into the second half and then decided to, well, stop running at the back... 4 break-aways and a PK later, game over.

1-1 at the half when it should have been 4-4.

On to Fat Monkey and the GEU crew next week to finish out the first half of the season. Seriously, that's too fricken short :rolleyes:

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spiderman, Spiderman, does whatever a spider can.
AllBlacks 3 Aldergrove 0

Well its about time AllBlacks got some just rewards. This game started very even till Aldergrove put a postage stamp shot on net and Spidey AKA Trevor Jones; picked the ball out of the air with something you couldn't even describe as a dive. He flew, hung there for a moment and stuck it. GordieClarke's quote summed it up. "Holy Fark" After that AllBlacks capitalised on their chances and a miserable day looked pretty sunny to me.

Just one more note and then I won't bore you anymore. We don't often mention the Ref.’s on this page but Ned Mullock ref.’s a cracking game. Both sides thoroughly enjoyed this encounter and that was much in part to Ned letting the boys play and not falling for theatrics or BS.
Best one liner for the day, Davie Jones sez, "So Springer, you been runnin' lots?" I was larphin, my mates were larphin. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0