Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Masters 2005] October Banter and Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers / AllBlacks

Coach, I though we actually played you guys very even in the first half and prevented your otherwise very strong Rangers front line from getting many quality chances. To boot we had our chances but if you can't finish you don't win. :wa:

Second half, Old AM with one gift and one great finish off a Wilkie cross and it's two buzz before you could say, "RUMPrangerFIREinMYhole". :D

Rangers are a good bunch of guys, loads of talent, strongest team in the league bar none, maybe a wee bit too serious at this stage of the game based on comments in the bar....I guess a couple of their boys are looking for the Call up for the U40 Masters Provincial Team! :p

See you in two weeks, looking forward to the rematch! No more Mr Nice Guy! :mad:

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As soon as we scored the opener I thought, "Oh crap. This will either be a good thing or a very, very bad thing." I think it's safe to say it was the latter.

Surrey run off the ball so well that we never really had a chance. I've never played a game in which so many opposing players were so ridiculously wide open throughout the entire contest. The score was pretty fair considering the number of point blank opportunities ScUm had.

On a side note, aside from a questionable PK against GEU and some "phantom" offside calls against Surrey in the second half that were clearly blown to keep the score from getting out of hand (thanks for that, by the way ;) )the officiating was good again. I don't think we've played in game this year when the referee was poor. Of course, I may be slightly biased here..... :rolleyes:

ItwasavictorybecauseMonkeydidn'tfallforthemove

twoleftfeet

Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see the wife has given popbitch the use of the Laptop for the nite... :D

Go to Gabby's and you deserve whatever you get boys... :D

Speaking of abuse, that reminds me of a little story about popbitch and the bookie, downtown, westside, wearing their Football supporters garb...you know, looking kinda like London in the 80's....

Ya know, its not funny but if you could have seen them at Practice the next nite with bruised faces exclaiming..."We were bloody gay bashed!!"

Bloody priceless.....

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fat Monkey said:
As soon as we scored the opener I thought, "Oh crap. This will either be a good thing or a very, very bad thing." I think it's safe to say it was the latter.

Surrey run off the ball so well that we never really had a chance. I've never played a game in which so many opposing players were so ridiculously wide open throughout the entire contest. The score was pretty fair considering the number of point blank opportunities ScUm had.

On a side note, aside from a questionable PK against GEU and some "phantom" offside calls against Surrey in the second half that were clearly blown to keep the score from getting out of hand (thanks for that, by the way ;) )the officiating was good again. I don't think we've played in game this year when the referee was poor. Of course, I may be slightly biased here..... :rolleyes:

ItwasavictorybecauseMonkeydidn'tfallforthemove

I guess the ScUm acronym is the majority's favourite? :rolleyes:

I play for ScUm. I play for ScUm. Ok, got it.:)

gameboy

Sep 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
sapperton 3 aldergrove 1,it was an okay game I suppose, we had a lot of opportunities that we did not capitalize on, we could have won bye at least three more goals, our guys just could not find the net.Popbitch, is the VJ rumour true,how did you guys SNATCH him.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can anyone confirm, are we playing two rounds or three this winter season?

If you follow the scheduling on the FVSL website is appears we are playing three rounds, as we, DMU, are playing PAU again at home in two weeks, and again (for the third time) in January at their place.

It would be a good move on the league's part if it is three rounds, as that would mean 21 league matches vs the regular 18 if it had been a ten team league this year. Two rounds would mean a paltry 14 matches.

Any thoughts or confirmation of this would be appreciated.

Daz

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
dazza said:
Can anyone confirm, are we playing two rounds or three this winter season?

As as matter of fact Dazza, seven to be exact.
Four times in Palm springs and three rounds in Vegas.
And, I'm done for the year now until after April/06.
Sorry mate.

Lots of interesting results I see upon my return.
Like only beating the Ballsacks by two surprises me. :D

A downer to miss the Friday night affair in Langley but I was having one already.
At the Crazy Horse.
With some lap dancer.
Named Elena.
From the Ukraine.
Kiev I believe.

My apologies Dazza, I got off track.
You were saying?

See you Friday, ;)

RF

Coach - You Power Polka Dot Tie, Executive type of guy:
Help the man out eh?

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangerforever said:
As as matter of fact Dazza, seven to be exact.
Four times in Palm springs and three rounds in Vegas.
And, I'm done for the year now until after April/06.
Sorry mate.

Lots of interesting results I see upon my return.
Like only beating the Ballsacks by two surprises me. :D

A downer to miss the Friday night affair in Langley but I was having one already.
At the Crazy Horse.
With some lap dancer.
Named Elena.
From the Ukraine.
Kiev I believe.

My apologies Dazza, I got off track.
You were saying?

See you Friday, ;)

RF

Coach - You Power Polka Dot Tie, Executive type of guy:
Help the man out eh?

Sounds alright to me ;)

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't confirm but my suggestion is what they did a couple of years ago.

You play everyone twice.

After that we spit the top four and the bottom four up.

You then play the top three teams one more time, and the bottom division play each of there teams one more time.

This way you get at least 17 league games and the teams you play against are all fairly level.

There is no way you can fit 21 league games and then all the cup play in.

Like i said, i can't confirm this but this is one of my suggestions.

Hope this helps you out R F. Come on P A U. "Shock the World"

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is seriously a fcuked up situation... apparently the schedule stands "as is" and we are repeating the last 2 weeks at the same venues.

These games are, I'm assuming, "filler" because of field allocations and such to match up with other adult teams in the league. Or something like that.

It would be nice for the league to put up a fricken statement on the mediocre site to clarify the situation for everyone unless that is too hard to do when you make it up as you go.

:rolleyes:

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
To me, playing another 3 league matches shouldn't be a big deal.

It's a better way to do it.

Weather permitting, it would not be that difficult, especially given that a few teams are on turf home fields.

If it means playing the odd Friday and Sunday in the same weekend, or even the odd Wednesday weeknight game to make it up, it would be worth it. Field availability is, of course, a big issue.

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Regs.

Bastard. :mad:

See you in a week and a half. We're going to give VJ a call to see if he wants to transfer to GEU for the week. :D

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vinnie Jones?

My God, two cokcneys in the middle of the park for PAU?
Between him and Paddy how the hell do you understand them?

'Fcuking bubbly jubbly Paddy.'
'Ere on 'oliday mate?'
'Oos the left back for Dewlta wif the 'Ammers scarf on?'
'Pass the jellied eel then.'
'Iffers five ov 'em and one ov me, I'll ave a go....'

:D

That's huge if the rumour's true.

Well done Wimbledon, I mean Peace Arch. ;)

RF

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Vinnie Jones?

Rangerforever said:
'Fcuking bubbly jubbly Paddy.'
'Ere on 'oliday mate?'
'Oos the left back for Dewlta wif the 'Ammers scarf on?'
'Pass the jellied eel then.'
'Iffers five ov 'em and one ov me, I'll ave a go....'