Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canucks 06/07 - Results and Banter

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
Yep, so find in that quote were last season is mentioned.....your making yourself look more stupid every minute...terminalherpies!! Eastern...hey I live and was born out west numbnuts..wow

Wow we havea bright one here.......did someone on here mention never argue with an idiot because they will bring you down and beat you with experience.....looks like I'm dealing with a season vet here:bronco:

Anyways, back to people and subjects that are important...I think the Canucks will have a shake up soon...it doesn't have to be a huge move but they need a scorer!
The irony of this post is killing me.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
Yeah check who scores more goals and who has more points will yeah, I can't remember very well:eek:

You also forgot the 6-0 Leafs over Sens

Yeah and the Sens are still in 13th place in the conference.

Next your going to say the East is stronger than the West.
:rolleyes:

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Canucks have played quite well this year, its their goaltending that has let them down. Luongo has been the second best goalie on the ice far too many nights this year. Its not like he's facing 40 shots either......it is no surprise the Canucks are having difficulty scoring goals however it is a surprise that their goaltending has been as poor as it has.

Outiside of the first roadtrip. Roberto Luongo has been a mediocre goalie making allstar money.

It really is simple this year.....Calgary, Edmonton, Colorado, Vancouver............only two of these teams will make the playoffs - all other spots are accounted for with Anahiem, Dallas, Nashville, Detroit, Minnesota and San Jose.

Sandman

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sandman said:
The Canucks have played quite well this year, its their goaltending that has let them down. Luongo has been the second best goalie on the ice far too many nights this year. Its not like he's facing 40 shots either......it is no surprise the Canucks are having difficulty scoring goals however it is a surprise that their goaltending has been as poor as it has.

Outiside of the first roadtrip. Roberto Luongo has been a mediocre goalie making allstar money.

It really is simple this year.....Calgary, Edmonton, Colorado, Vancouver............only two of these teams will make the playoffs - all other spots are accounted for with Anahiem, Dallas, Nashville, Detroit, Minnesota and San Jose.

Sandman

On a quick note, Canucks made it 7 games in a row with 2 or less goals

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
2 wins in a row, can anyone believe it? I don't even care who they were against, Nazzy looks good again and hopefully this will be the turnaround point for their season.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
italian_stallion21 said:
2 wins in a row, can anyone believe it? I don't even care who they were against, Nazzy looks good again and hopefully this will be the turnaround point for their season.

How many goals did they score???

Just checking:rolleyes:

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
How many goals did they score???

Just checking:rolleyes:

I don't care about last night, Bulin was hot, and I say that knowing on most nights it's the fact that the shoot straight at the goalie, but tonight Bulin was stopping shots of cross ice feeds and whatnot. Much better job of generating chances, not our normal 40 shots straight at the logo type chances.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone catch the score last night? ;) Finally, the Canucks are playing well, we got 3 goals from Mo and Kesler, could this be the start of a great run? We'll find out tonight with Sabourin between the pipes.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hopefully sabourin can help keep things rolling but I think Luongo should be playing tonight. Mostly because if he played tonight and Sabourin played the next game Luongo would get about a 5 day rest instead of 2 days.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think Luongo needs a 5 day rest, a 2 day is more than he's used to in Florida. Plus you want Luongo for the divisional game against Colorado.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
italian_stallion21 said:
Anyone catch the score last night? ;) Finally, the Canucks are playing well, we got 3 goals from Mo and Kesler, could this be the start of a great run? We'll find out tonight with Sabourin between the pipes.

Yeah I caught last nights game, she was a beaut:rolleyes:

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
italian_stallion21 said:
They played last night? I don't remember seeing a game:rolleyes:

Yeah I would try and forget a 6-0 a s s kicking if I could ......speaking off a s s kicking the leafs won 7-1:D

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another big win last night, it seemed as it was the exact same game we've played all year, just we actually put the puck in the net. Luongo was incredibly solid and everyone was just buzzing around the rink last night. Bieksa with a huge hit on Zhuizyn (sp?), freakin sweet :)

PS. Franchise, how are the Laff's doing right now?

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
italian_stallion21 said:
Another big win last night, it seemed as it was the exact same game we've played all year, just we actually put the puck in the net. Luongo was incredibly solid and everyone was just buzzing around the rink last night. Bieksa with a huge hit on Zhuizyn (sp?), freakin sweet :)

PS. Franchise, how are the Laff's doing right now?

They won there last game 5-4 and are in the same spot in the East as the Canucks are in the west. Thanks for staying interested in the Leafs, we need all the support we can get right now as they are struggling to keep pucks out of there net. I look for them to turn this ship around after the allstar break. Nothing like having three guys from your team to make it and build there confidence back, I would say the same thing will happen for the Canucks but we all know that no one is going to make it from that sqaud.

Stallion the Leafs play tonight against the Canes lets cheer them to victory

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Laff's have the same record as us in the much weaker Eastern conference, so only technically is it the same spot. I'm also not sure if it's physically possible for me to cheer for them, so sorry :) Though they should beat the Canes, they suck.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
italian_stallion21 said:
The Laff's have the same record as us in the much weaker Eastern conference, so only technically is it the same spot. I'm also not sure if it's physically possible for me to cheer for them, so sorry :) Though they should beat the Canes, they suck.

I heard you cheering and it worked 4-3 over Canes!! Now they have more points then the Canucks.

East has the best team in the NHL....Buffalo!

Ducks will fall in due time.

Should be a good game tommorow verus Wild, I will go with a Canuck 2-1 win

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
Should be a good game tommorow verus Wild, I will go with a Canuck 2-1 win

Wow, good call, but now we're tied with the Laff's and just because a team in the East has the best record, doesn't mean they're the best team. As of like 5 days ago now, it was 30-20-8 for the West.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Canucks 2 Wild 1

Solid performance by the Nucks last night... Luongo gifted one early in the second off a wobbling knuckler, but was great all night... He kept back the Wild on many occasions...
Linden and Ohlund with goals on the PP and the PK was perfect again... Salo will be an added bonus if this unit can continue to take advantage...
Boring at times, the forecheck and tempo created by a few hits definately gets the buzz back into the building... Cooke is finally doing his job as a pest... The Twins have made Builis BETTER and it looks as though Alain has got his troops buying into the program... Nazy may be trying to do too much on tha back check which is hurting his point total, but he's bound to find his confidence again with the team playing well...

Rematch in St.Paul on Tuesday...

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Went to the game last night and it was absolutely fabulous. Weak second period but other than that it was a treat.
Only thing better than the game itself was the new Scoreboard that was finally put up in the last month or so.
It is totally amazing. It's like looking at an oversized Plasma screen with computer generated scoring etc.
And when it ties into the banner around the seating it's even better.

Well worth the investment.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0