Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canucks 06/07 - Results and Banter

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
I don't know abuot great, if the cap goes up then this was a smart move but Salo is injury prone and wouldn't sign unless it was four years or higher, that being said the Sedins have one more year then they'll want a raise and are going to be making 4.5-5 million each so with Naslund 6 million, loungo's 6 million....were about fukced in a year or two. Better hope the cap climbs huge

your post is so far off it is sad...but from a leafs fan I guess thats what you get.

The Sedins are signed through the 08/09 season and Naslunds contract is up after next year clearing 6m off the cap. So in reality if the cap is well managed it shouldn't be a problem. I agree Salo is injury prone but he offers alot to the power play and as a top 4 d-man. I only hope they get Sopel and Pyatt signed soon as they are both UFA's this year. But with this system there are so many players available each year you can fill holes when needed.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
redwoods said:
your post is so far off it is sad...but from a leafs fan I guess thats what you get.

The Sedins are signed through the 08/09 season and Naslunds contract is up after next year clearing 6m off the cap. So in reality if the cap is well managed it shouldn't be a problem. I agree Salo is injury prone but he offers alot to the power play and as a top 4 d-man. I only hope they get Sopel and Pyatt signed soon as they are both UFA's this year. But with this system there are so many players available each year you can fill holes when needed.

so how is this far off.....Never said the sedins weren't signed...said they would be asking for a raise in a year, naslund is up but so is all there young guys, like Beiska who will make way more then is half a million he gets now.

Next:rolleyes:

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
girth said:
You're already fukced though... you're a Leafs fan are you not?

Leafs are doing just fine....just wait I can see the playoff light.

Get back to work your Paterson will have your ass!

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
so how is this far off.....Never said the sedins weren't signed...said they would be asking for a raise in a year, naslund is up but so is all there young guys, like Beiska who will make way more then is half a million he gets now.

The way Nazzy's playing now he's either going to retire when his contract's up, or we're going to shave significant $ off his contract, which will make room for the increase in the underpaid (Bieksa, Sedin's). We don't really need to lock up Pyatt either, as it's been shown that anyone can score with the Sedin's. Sopel would be good to lock up, as he's a much better D right now than his last stint here. Anyone else think Bulis's hit on Johnson the hit of the year for the Canuck's? The only thing that would have made it better was if Nazzy hit him. Awesome.

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:

actually its 2 years till the sedins contract is up and Beiska has another year left so if they manage the cap well it shouldn't be an issue...was my point.

Stallion...I agree anybody looks good on that line with the Sedins but I would really like to see Pyatt signed long term as he is so young and they could be a line for a few years.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
Get back to work your Paterson will have your ass!
I would love to see Pattison buy the Canucks and then I could be part of management! I'd create a Toronto fans cheering section way up high with pink seats and padded walls seperating them from civilization. What do you think Franchise?:D

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
girth said:
I would love to see Pattison buy the Canucks and then I could be part of management! I'd create a Toronto fans cheering section way up high with pink seats and padded walls seperating them from civilization. What do you think Franchise?:D

That sounds great, as long as I don't have to sit by that douche and there is plenty of Western Familiy Cola.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
ARGH!!!!!!
How frustrating to be up 2-0 and shite the bed...
CAN WE JUST GET IT OUT OF OUR ZONE???!!!!

:mad:

besty

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The way Nazzy's playing now he's either going to retire when his contract's up, or we're going to shave significant $ off his contract, which will make room for the increase in the underpaid (Bieksa, Sedin's). We don't really need to lock up Pyatt either, as it's been shown that anyone can score with the Sedin's. Sopel would be good to lock up, as he's a much better D right now than his last stint here. Anyone else think Bulis's hit on Johnson the hit of the year for the Canuck's? The only thing that would have made it better was if Nazzy hit him. Awesome.

SOPEL! Are you kidding me!!! He has been our worst defenceman by far!!!!:confused:
Good riddens.....trade for a box of tape!!!:eek:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now Besty, take it easy, (have you ever heard that before?)

I have Sopel in the Peg playoff pool draft, and he is tied with my other super smart pick, Cooke:

WITH ZERO POINTS.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anaheim a much better team deserve this. What a goalie Roberto is ...too bad about the last goal.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There were soooo many talking points from this last game it isn't funny!

1. Roberto was amazing
2. Ducks first goal should have never counted
3. How shitty the Nucks were for 50 minutes
4. The look on Nonis' face at the start of OT
5. Roberto not being able to pinch one off in time to start OT :D
6. The brutal non-call on the hit to the head of Hanson :mad:
7. Roberto turning to the ref for the call and not seeing the puck coming until it was by him

Emotional rollercoaster.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Luongo was caught watching the hit and didn't see the shot coming.
You could see him turn to complain to the ref and just lost sight of where the puck was.
Bad ending to such a great season for Bobby Lu.

Was Ohlund skating with cement blocks on his feet tonight or what?

Well, now that it's over, what should they do next year?

There's two ways of looking at this season.
1. Nobody expected them to even get this far
2. Now that they did it's dissapointing they didnt' do better because they definately could/should have.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Luongo was caught watching the hit and didn't see the shot coming.
You could see him turn to complain to the ref and just lost sight of where the puck was.
Bad ending to such a great season for Bobby Lu.

Was Ohlund skating with cement blocks on his feet tonight or what?

Well, now that it's over, what should they do next year?

There's two ways of looking at this season.
1. Nobody expected them to even get this far
2. Now that they did it's dissapointing they didnt' do better because they definately could/should have.

Luongo was starting to life his hand for the penalty, which it should have been, straight elbow to the head, a must call even in OT. Ohlund's had cement blocks all playoff's, he's got to be injured.

It was a great year for a team not expected to make the playoffs, next year has potential if we can get Jaffray, Raymond and Grabner at the NHL level we'll have more speed than anyone (and hopefully that will bring scoring). Until next year, go Canucks go!

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
7. Roberto turning to the ref for the call and not seeing the puck coming until it was by him

Maybe the Canucks can talk to Jimmy Holiday and the Coquitlam women's premier team and find out how they go about protesting the game. :eek:

;)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There were soooo many talking points from this last game it isn't funny!

1. Roberto was amazing
3. How shitty the Nucks were for 50 minutes
4. The look on Nonis' face at the start of OT
5. Roberto not being able to pinch one off in time to start OT :D

Emotional rollercoaster.

Right enough........The Canucks really deserved to win the series.

And for the record, the hit by Niedermayer couldn't have been any cleaner.....head was down.....right into his shoulder........Luongo was in Fantasyland and a deserved end to the series. The better team won. The stronger goalie probably lost..........

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well TheProvince newspaper beat me to it this morning but who do you think will now report a serious injury they played through for the playoffs or was sick and didn't tell anyone.

By the Provinces report the Sedin's were both suffering from a flu bug that they got mid way through the Dallas series and were taking IV before each game to get through it.

I suspect Ohlund will report something as well soon.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0