Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canucks 06/07 - Results and Banter

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
New season, new roster...Here is how it looks as of today, taking into account what Vignault and Nonis have said and speculated about on the radio

Cooke----------- Morrison------------ Naslund
Sedin------------- Sedin---------------Schultz
Kessler------------Choinard------------Pyatt
Linden(*)----------Rypien----------------King

Reid, Ballej, Bouck

Ohlund Salo
Mitchell Bourdon
Krajicek ???
???

Luongo
Noronen
Flaherty(*)

*=unsigned at the moment...

Hoping I'm not forgetting anyone...

Maybe resign Sean Brown?:eek:

Who is left?
According to NHL.com as of today, anyways, here are some UFA's of note... Who is Nonis going to sign?
Will he make a trade?

Recchi, Czerkawski, Bondra, Isbister, Daze, Dvorak, Rem Murray, Tarnstrom, Val Bure, Daigle, Yanic Perrault, Kenny Jonsson, Sykora, Vaclav Varada, Brian Savage, Therien, Matt Timander, Kvasha, Scott Young, Jason Allison:eek: , and Eric Desjardins.

Here are the Canucks remaining UFA's:
VANCOUVER
Sean Brown, Sven Butenschon, Anson Carter, Craig Darby, Johan Davidsson, Jason Doig, Wade Flaherty, Justin Kurtz, Trevor Linden, Richard Park, Leif Rohlin, Vadim Sharifijanov, Lubomir Vaic, Eric Weinrich.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Canucks 06/07

Haven't heard, I think there was talk, but he is always going to get more money from the corrupt Russian owners than he is in the NHL.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

He signed a two year contract to stay in Russia, He wanted a no trade clause in his contract and the Canucks laughed at him, so he decided to stay in Russia.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

2004 draft pick Elmander has signed a three year deal.
Goren signed a new deal
Yannick Tremblay has reportedly been signed by the Nucks as they have bough tout his contract from some german or Swiss elite League team. Big dman with a good shot from Quebec.

Nucks reportedly also have come to terms with Linden, but only speculative terms so far....

Also some speculation that Naslund is being offered to Bobby Clark for Simo Gange and a draft pick...Clark is having issues signing him for 5 mil, Nazzy makes 6. I'd do that in a heartbeat...But who knows if Bob Clark can afford the 6?!

Bluenose

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

i would only make that trade for gagne if he's going to be playing with the sedins'. he only puts up the points when he has someone who can get him the puck. look at last year, he had forsberg and had some impressive stats. morrison can't do that as he doesn't draw enough attention from opposing teams to get gagne the space needed.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

BlueNoseJohn said:
2004 draft pick Elmander has signed a three year deal.
Goren signed a new deal
Yannick Tremblay has reportedly been signed by the Nucks as they have bough tout his contract from some german or Swiss elite League team. Big dman with a good shot from Quebec.

Nucks reportedly also have come to terms with Linden, but only speculative terms so far....

Also some speculation that Naslund is being offered to Bobby Clark for Simo Gange and a draft pick...Clark is having issues signing him for 5 mil, Nazzy makes 6. I'd do that in a heartbeat...But who knows if Bob Clark can afford the 6?!

Thats a great trade, hey maybe then they can trade Ohlund to Chicago for brent seabrooke.

Simon Gagne for Naslund:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

??? I like Gagne, With Morrison feeding him the puck he would
Reading a few of these speculation threads on some of the forums out there it now sounds like Richards or Carter + Gagne for Nazzy and a fourth rd pick.
Salary swap basically, but we get two players, and they get Forsberg happy with his buddy Nazzy to play with.
I like the line of Gagne, Morrison, and Bulis or Cooke.
Speed, and Skill. Richards or Carter would look good with the Sedins.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

I hate the bowl adverts!
You know the ones in Edmonton that would scroll in epileptic seisure causing blue and Bronze "WELCOME TO OIL COUNTRY!!"

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I think it's an awesome addition.

Now, just need to save up to get a couple of tickets this year :mad:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Bah,
go to a Giants game instead.
Much better entertainment value for your buck.
The Nucks will only be seen, for me anyways, from the comfort of my couch via the big screen, and of course with the few free tix I get from work a year, and even with free tix I end up spending a hundred to a hunny and a half.(beer, parking, $20.00 hotdogs etc..)
:)

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

One side of the main screen only that size costs approx. 250-350 g's US. Install, freght etc is extra. Plus they are redoing the whole thing it appears. Someone must have some dough to spend.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

I know that this has been reported, but here is the confrimation...
Canucks sign Tremblay to boost blue-line

Canadian Press
7/28/2006 1:17:38 PM
VANCOUVER (CP) - The Vancouver Canucks hope to add some offensive punch to their blue-line by signing free agent defenceman Yannick Tremblay to a one-year contract, the team said Friday.
Tremblay, who will earn $600,000 US, played for the Mannheim Eagles of the German Hockey League last season. The 30-year-old last played in the NHL in the 2003-04 season with the Atlanta Thrashers where he had two goals and 10 points in 38 games.
In 378 games with the Toronto Maple Leafs and Thrashers, he had 37 goals and 85 assists plus 166 penalty minutes.
Tremblay has a career plus-minus rating of minus-113 but is known for his strong point shot.
The Canucks have lost all-star defenceman Ed Jovanovski and Nolan Baumgartner to free agency

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Tremblay has a career plus-minus rating of minus-113 but is known for his strong point shot.
Wonderful!

But at least he has a good point shot.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Ansen Carter is finally gone.
Signed with Columbus.

I dont know details yet.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

1 year, 2.5 mil.
Playing with either Fedorov and Nash or Brule and Modin...
he should be able to come to last years numbers with the first line, may struggle to hit 30 goals woth Brule and Modin though...

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0