Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canucks 06/07 - Results and Banter

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Canucks 06/07

How could Anson Carter not have been a high priority signing for the Canucks - forget the money and look at his 33 goals and his record and reputation as a pretty good team guy in what we now know was a Bertuzzi polluted environment!!???

To me, Carter should have been a priority for not just that but he seems to be the first player in some time to get on the end of some good Sedin passes and make that line look like a team's first line!!

What will make this non-signing even more outrageous is if the Canucks match Kesler's 10 goals with $1.9 million in dollars versus giving Carter with 33 a nice sum at $2.5 million.

Vancouver signing Anson Carter would have been just under $76,000 per goal and siging Kesler at $1.9 m would be $190,000 per goal. What's the better deal?

Like last year when Matt Cooke held out and everyone was saying how stupid he was and how he was not thinking team, etc and how close they were in money, so just sign. I kept thinking the opposite. Cut back a few hundred thousand off those big signings to have some room left for solid every night performers.

Whatever Anson Carter does or doesn't do in Columbus is immaterial to what he did do here and could have done for the Canucks this season especially when Carter is rumoured to be a good team guy and not part of the old core group who needed a butt kicking. There just may be too many changes in Vancouver to give this new coach a decent shot at success. So far, I like the new coach's openness and willingness to start all off on a clean slate including Trevor Linden who can and will do more this year than last. But why not give him one line left intact and that line was the success line!!! It makes no sense... blah blah the CBA and salary cap... yah yah. That won't get the Canucks scoring but it does make fun for the fans to talk their stuff on the radio shows. It is now like a fantasy game with fans not having to know much than what a guy is being paid.

Welcome to the new NHL.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Don't you think that if a one year deal for Carter was on the table from the Carter camp, the Nucks would've signed him? You're comparing apples to oranges.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Reccos said:
How could Anson Carter not have been a high priority signing for the Canucks - forget the money and look at his 33 goals and his record and reputation as a pretty good team guy in what we now know was a Bertuzzi polluted environment!!???

To me, Carter should have been a priority for not just that but he seems to be the first player in some time to get on the end of some good Sedin passes and make that line look like a team's first line!!

What will make this non-signing even more outrageous is if the Canucks match Kesler's 10 goals with $1.9 million in dollars versus giving Carter with 33 a nice sum at $2.5 million.

Vancouver signing Anson Carter would have been just under $76,000 per goal and siging Kesler at $1.9 m would be $190,000 per goal. What's the better deal?

Like last year when Matt Cooke held out and everyone was saying how stupid he was and how he was not thinking team, etc and how close they were in money, so just sign. I kept thinking the opposite. Cut back a few hundred thousand off those big signings to have some room left for solid every night performers.

Whatever Anson Carter does or doesn't do in Columbus is immaterial to what he did do here and could have done for the Canucks this season especially when Carter is rumoured to be a good team guy and not part of the old core group who needed a butt kicking. There just may be too many changes in Vancouver to give this new coach a decent shot at success. So far, I like the new coach's openness and willingness to start all off on a clean slate including Trevor Linden who can and will do more this year than last. But why not give him one line left intact and that line was the success line!!! It makes no sense... blah blah the CBA and salary cap... yah yah. That won't get the Canucks scoring but it does make fun for the fans to talk their stuff on the radio shows. It is now like a fantasy game with fans not having to know much than what a guy is being paid.

Welcome to the new NHL.

He is over priced and will be a bum again this year. One year wonder!!!

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Recco is spot on with Immaterial part
we'll never know if he found his place here in Vancouver

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The lineup for tonight:

Canucks line-up for tonight's game against the Red Wings: F: Daniel-Henrik-Naslund; Pyatt-Morrison-Bulis; Burrows-Kessler-Cooke; Linden-Santala-Green. D: Ohlund-Salo; Krajicek-Mitchell; Fitzpatrick-Bieksa. G: Luongo. Scratched: Bourdon - TSN

I'm kind of shocked at the scratching of Bourdon. He's going to need to play sometime. May as well throw him out there right off the bat.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Naslund scores off his head to give the Canucks a 1 - 0 lead going into the 1st intermission... Luongo looks sharp even though Detroit have had 4 PP's, he hasn't faced many quality shots...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So far, other than too many PKs, I like what I'm seeing.

Great glove save by Roberto on Lang... Bulis hit the bar early on point plank - unlucky.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I also liked what i saw.
Canucks didn't let many quality chances through. and when there were some, Luongo was there.
Great PKs though. Detroit went 0 for 9.
nice #'s to start the season.

GOCANUCKSGO!
LION

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bingo, bango, bongo Larshid wants to blow Luongo... Christ that was painful to listen too.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hmmm...nice start to the season! Great to see Nasi using his head!

Look forward to seeing tonights game!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was nice to the Canucks work and have intensity for once...
I haven't seen intensity like that since right before Clouts let that Lidstrom bomb from center ice in...
It is also nice to see a Canuck goalie give up a soft goal and not sit on the edge of my couch for another period and a bit wondering when the floodgates are going to open...Luongo is the best goalie we have ever had here, I know he is only one game in, and McLean was awesome in the early nineties...But Bobby is the real deal, and now a Nuck goalie may actually have a shot at winning a Vezina.

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Definitely a "team game" concept for this years team but I am weary about our D-Men.

Willie Mitchell was brutal last night and he is our #3 guy.....a defniite cause for concern.

Sandman

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
They worked hard last night and Luongo did what they paid him to do and that was save more than the average goalee in the NHL.

The upside for this Canuck team is that they look like their work rate will be good this season.

The downside is that they likely can't play with that intensity for the next 81 games.

Sitting Bourdon last night was a good thing and not shocking. What would have been shocking is for them to have tossed him out there and watched him flounder in what normally is a tough city to play in. From the press box, the guy could definitely get a good look, soak up the atmosphere and be better prepared if he gets suited up tonight in Columbus. That might be a better choice for his baptism by fire over Detroit. At least that is what the media suggest is the reason for him not playing.

Nice to see Naslund score off a header and not one like the ref in the San Jose game took.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was it just me are did Joe Louis look somewhat empty? Ready a few reports this morning they were saying stuff like "an overflowing crowd of 20k+..." - I just didn't see it, especially in the first period? :confused:

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Naslund played great last night...there new style is alot like the Devils having one get pressuring the puck. This team is really going to need Top nitch goaltending as I don't see them getting more then 20 shots a game and giving up 30. Great start to the year though.

Excited to see Bertuzzi tonight though!!

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
Can anyone guess who scored the first Florida regular season goal this season????

BIG YEAR BERTUZZI!!!

I know this is a Canuck thread so I will say they played tonight for 10 minutes and won....they maybe outshot the Jackets but really they didn't have to many good scoring chances...hey they did enough to win.

On the other hand BIG bert had 4 points tonight....ya the one that got away:(

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0