Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canucks 06/07 - Results and Banter

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zaurrini said:
There are a few players in Phoneix that have their contracts coming up....and currently stink.

Nagy, Doan or Comrie ....

We should try and steal Doan or Nagy outta Phoneix for Nazzy.

Cross Comrie off the list...

Two point night, playing on the PP with Heatley.

Doan would fit nicely on this Nux team.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was at the game last night, my first shoot-out and man are they exciting. I don't really like ending a game with a shoot-out but froma marketing standpoint they are good for getting the fans in to it. Probably should have won in regulation but Luongo had an off night, which doesn't matter because we have 7 in a row!!

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not a pretty game...but we got the win!! I guess that is all that matters in the end!!

Did anyone out there catch the guy during the 1st intermision, when Ronning and Murphy were broadcasting from inside the GM Place bar/restuarant? The guy in the blue shirt over Ronnings shoulder that was trying to get the straw from his highball into his mouth and ended up pouring the drink down the front of his shirt? Classic!!! :bronco: :wa: :knvb:

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
VANCOUVER -- Vancouver Canucks Senior Vice-President and General Manager Dave Nonis announced today that forward Ryan Kesler will undergo hip surgery in Colorado.

"After further consultation with one of the leading physicians with regard to hip injuries it was decided that surgery was the best course of action," said Dave Nonis. "The best long term decision for Ryan and our hockey club was to have the surgery immediately."

Following surgery Kesler will be available to the media at a time to be determined.

Sportsnet has learned Kesler is expected to miss 12-16 weeks of action.

Didn't see that one coming at all :eek:

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Betman and his circus act team have completely pissed me off now by extending this joke of a schedule for atleast one more year. We will not be seeing some pretty exciting eastern teams and their young stars which to be honest is all I realy cheer for now.
Does anyone know Betmans email address cause I'd love to let him know how I feel along with hundreds of thousands of others who think he's an absolute joke.
I always thought he looks like a rat and should be nibbling some cheese and now I truly believe it.:mad:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tonight I thought that Naslund's weaknesses were really exposed: a year or two ago I would have argued strongly that Naslund was by far a more valuable player than Iginla. But after watching recent games, they all of a sudden are in a completetly different class, and the Vancouver Captain is in a distant second place. Naslund is probably hurt or something.

But Jeezus.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally Posted by Zaurrini
There are a few players in Phoneix that have their contracts coming up....and currently stink.

Nagy, Doan or Comrie ....

We should try and steal Doan or Nagy outta Phoneix for Nazzy.

Just Doan left...Nagy to the Dallas Stars.
Figure they are going to re-sign him (Doan).

Any truth to a Forsberg to the Canucks for Luc Bourdon??

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zaurrini said:
Any truth to a Forsberg to the Canucks for Luc Bourdon??
I spoke to my source with the Canucks before Sat nights game, and he informed me that we are in the hunt for Forsberg...but the asking price is too high. Of course...I had to give him all my spare change to get this quote...:rolleyes:

POST ALL TRADE RUMORS AND FACTS HERE

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
To any TTPers out there: Obviously there were some technical difficulties at Shaw with the PPV Canucks/Dallas game this aft, and as a result the 1st period could not be accessed. But full marks to Shaw, it appears they have put on the game free of charge on the Canucks PPV channel...it is Channel 375 on the North Shore anyway...just starting the 2nd now, scoreless.

Cheers.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow. Seven straight penalties against the Canucks to end the game , including a 5 on 3 in the last minute of the game where Dallas scored with I think it was 29 seconds to go to tie things 1-1. But the 1st of the 2 penalties by Bulis was inexcusable: your team is ahead 1-0 with under 3 minutes to go in Dallas and you decide to charge Turco?

For that alone, this idiot should be gone.

And in OT, another of course penalty against the Vancouver team, the referees fail to notice a couple of subsequent interfence transgressions on the parts of the home team, and Dallas scores the winner with 7 or 8 seconds to go.

If I was Dallas, I would be worried, the stars if you will are not going to align in that fashion in the near future.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Larcheid (sp?) ripped into Bulis something fierce on the radio... I don't think he likes him :D

Sounds like Salo really struggled this game.

At least they got a point but I bet they feel like they let one slip away... Sounded like Luongo was awesome (again).

The Wild are only 2 back of the Nucks now albeit, we've got a game in hand...

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done to the Canucks today as I had Dallas for nice little $95 in Sports Action........:)

18/1 bet.....better than a kick in the stones. :thumbsup:

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well looks like Salo isn't going anywhere for a while:

CANUCKS RE-SIGN SAMI SALO TO FOUR-YEAR EXTENSION

Vancouver, B.C. - Vancouver Canucks Senior Vice-President and General Manager Dave Nonis announced today that defenceman Sami Salo has signed a four-year extension. In keeping with club policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.

“We are pleased to have agreed to a long-term extension with Sami today," said Nonis. "Sami is an elite defenceman who compliments our group very well. We are confident that he will continue to perform at the high level he has established for himself over the next four seasons.”

Salo, 32, has played 63 games for the Canucks this season recording a career high 13 goals and 34 points (13-21-34). Six of his 13 goals this season have been game-winning goals and his plus 19 rating ranks first among all Canucks this year. Salo has established new career highs for points in three of the last four seasons including the last two years. He currently leads all Canucks defencemen with 13 goals and is second with his 34 points. In 470 career NHL games, he has recorded 192 points (58-134-192) and 146 penalty minutes.

The 6’3”, 215 lbs. native of Turku, Finland, has represented his country on numerous occasions in international competition. Most recently Salo was a member of the silver medal-winning Team Finland at the 2006 Winter Olympics in Torino, Italy.

Originally selected in the 9th round, 239th overall in the 1996 Entry Draft by the Ottawa Senators, Salo was acquired by the Canucks in exchange for Peter Schaefer on September 21, 2002.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
italian_stallion21 said:
Fan-freakin-tastic, great move by Nonis.

I don't know abuot great, if the cap goes up then this was a smart move but Salo is injury prone and wouldn't sign unless it was four years or higher, that being said the Sedins have one more year then they'll want a raise and are going to be making 4.5-5 million each so with Naslund 6 million, loungo's 6 million....were about fukced in a year or two. Better hope the cap climbs huge

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0