Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BCPL- BC Premier League: Proposal

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
To be fair to all the VMSL Divisions, if BCPL does not go throw then next year you would have 14 Premier teams. One team goes down, three come up. Div 1 should have 14teams. Three teams from Div 2 comes up (winners of each group), one Premier come down, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th place teams from each DIV 1 side stay up, plus the loser of Olymp. Serbia matchup. Div 2 and rest can be sorted out.

Next year, four teams from each Div. go down, and two come up. I think 12 teams in each Div. is a way to go. Just look at this year. In a 10 team league you only get to play 18 games, compared to 21. I like 21.

Millar

Dec 23, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have heard and read on here for a while now, that BC needs to put its top league into summer to compete for the National title. Bollocks. I've been lucky to be on teams, as Regs and others have, that have won those titles at this level. And when BC was winning multiple titles, the rest of the country was saying that we had the unfair advantage, because we were lucky to have the climate that allowed us to play at a high level outdoors all year long.

People, who were involved will tell you the hardest thing to do, to win a National title, was get out of our province. Where things changed, is when the VMSL watered down its own league, with too many teams. The talent pool became spread too thin.

The people on here that go on about, we put ourselves at a disadvantage because we compete for the Provincials 5 months earlier, you're kidding yourselves. When BC teams were winning Nationals, those players took the summer to refresh themselves, look after themselves, stay mentally and physically fit, and stayed out of harm's way as far as injuries went. Then, players should be ready for pre-season, and by the time you get to Nationals, you're already 6 games in to your next season. By then, you better be in MID-SEASON form, or else you're not good enough period.

There are no excuses. The bottom line is the talent pool had dropped off because of too many teams. The teams that were winning our Provincial Cup, while still a tremendous accomplishment, just weren't deep enough to win that National Tournament format on a regular basis, as we used to. There are a lot of obstacles when you go back east, that people don't realize (refereeing from Quebec, organizers, etc), and if you're not deep enough, you don't overcome some of that stuff.

The PCSL is a well managed league, but the caliber is no where near what the VMSL has to offer. Some of the top players do not want to play summer football unless it is with their buddies.

The team (West Van) that represented us last season, was definitely good enough to win everything, and I have no problem in saying if the Nationals didn't become such a farce because of the weather and the whole Indoor Soccer shite, they would have won the title.

Now, West Van has established the Benchmark, and I'm certain that every team in the VMSL Premier is trying to reach that level, which in turn has created a top notch division this year for us.

Having seen the VMSL at its best and most successful, and also in some lean years, I have no problem in saying that the VMSL Premier is figuring things out. I have no doubt that there will be a National Champion from here very soon. With that, brings a winning culture, which young guys will learn from, which then will spread through the league, as is happening in teams like West Van where the young lads have learned from the key veterans.

Sorry for the ramble, but I hate the excuses as to why we haven't been winning the National Title. Forming new leagues, and changing from winter to summer are just excuses. Winning breeds winning. The VMSL Premier looks to be getting back to where teams will be well served to go to the Nationals, because of the competition that they are facing week to week.

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
To be fair to all the VMSL Divisions, if BCPL does not go throw then next year you would have 14 Premier teams. One team goes down, three come up. Div 1 should have 14teams. Three teams from Div 2 comes up (winners of each group), one Premier come down, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th place teams from each DIV 1 side stay up, plus the loser of Olymp. Serbia matchup. Div 2 and rest can be sorted out.

Next year, four teams from each Div. go down, and two come up. I think 12 teams in each Div. is a way to go. Just look at this year. In a 10 team league you only get to play 18 games, compared to 21. I like 21.

You should give Azzi a call and talk about this with him I think he would be very receptive.

Shriner

Mar 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I like Miller's notion and "insight" that the whole re-structuring was done b/c of the "potential Super League." I think that overall, the VMSL restructuring is a benefit to ALL divisions, The only way to save face and competitiveness for the vmsl is to do the following.
Do what was originally proposed except have ONLY one DIV.1 team go up: Div 1A and B play each other and or even throw in the last place premier team to make a round robin.
Throw down a couple of extra teams from Div.1 to 2 and so on and so on and even make a Div.4-even if its just a "small div of 10 teams as if you look at the bottom of Div.3-there is still a huge disparity.

Otherwise by having 14 in the premier- it will cause not just the premier to be shite BUT the WHOLE VMSL. You'll have good competitive Div.1 players playing in a league over their heads and it has a trickle affect throughout ALL divisions. Ex. Div.1 teams poaching div.2 teams and so on and so forth. It has a trickled down and watered down effect- just look at the NHL and its ****i*n* expansion.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rob forget all this did you come to terms with that good player yet. I know one left will this late one stick around. Ghouse go for it. Lisen to me this time. Five teams from Valley three from Island and two strongest Ethnick clubs. It is all about how many teams get selected to go to Premier Cup. Rest is all just a waste of time. It should be more about players under twenty five. You know show casing thirty five year old makes no sence. Just look at VMSL alstars most of them are over thity two years old.

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think honestly if the VMSL Premier teams feel this badly and are just not comfortable with the idea, so be it. It sounds like they have some of their own problems within their league to deal with anyways before they even make the move to a BCPL style league and also it's obvious they like their own league and are satisfied with it. Fair enough, Good Luck to them.

But that shouldn't deter the organizers of the BCPL, honestly those organizing the BCPL or something similar shouldn't depend on them, take the FVSL teams, the VISL, maybe some PCSL teams, and make the league. If it's still something everyone still wants to do.

Also in order for Mr.Azzi to not look like a flip flopper and to be a man of his word cause he did vote for this BCPL in the first place and all of sudden flip flopped, let 3-4 VMSL teams from Div.1 enter the BCPL at there discretion or any VMSL Premier teams that want to try it. That will also solve the VMSL alignment issues, and will keep the their Premier league at 10 teams.

I'm sure there will be 2 or 3 VMSL that will jump at the opportunity. And later on when the VMSL Premier teams are ready they can join. Simple.

Anyways, good luck to the VMSL, definitely looks like they have some issues or reorganization to work on and work out, and good luck to everyone in Provincials.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It would be helpful to get more input from the Division 1 teams on this, ie if the BCPL is a no go (which it is), should the restructuring be cancelled?

Seems to me it should be, as the whole restructuring was based on a premise that four Premier teams were going to the BCPL.

Thoughts Div 1 guys?

I'd say no promotion this year, just relegate all bottom teams in all divs! :p

The league is just going to get better so....
10 prem
10 div.1
20 div.2
20 div.3
14 div.4

make it so.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
You know show casing thirty five year old makes no sence. Just look at VMSL alstars most of them are over thity two years old.
Aw shucks... You do care.

Drunkasfcukinacabtryingnottopukeafterheinekenhouse,hockeygame,kegyaletown,republc,irishhousebender.

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It would be helpful to get more input from the Division 1 teams on this, ie if the BCPL is a no go (which it is), should the restructuring be cancelled?

Seems to me it should be, as the whole restructuring was based on a premise that four Premier teams were going to the BCPL.

Thoughts Div 1 guys?

Being part of a team (Serbia) that is one win away from being promoted back up to premier this would be a real kick in the balls if we were told that we wouldnt have the chance to make it back up to premier. The team worked hard all season to have this chance. Im sure that other Div 1 teams would say the same thing if they were in the same boat as us or Olympics. I say have the 14 teams this year and relegate 3 teams and have one come up to make it a 12 team division again.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Machel i think it would be better with 10 premier ,sixteen div one,sixteen div two,sixteen div three and sixteen div four. U 21 enters in to div four. All go in to league cup. Only Premier sides go to A cup. That is the way rest of the World does it. Two up in each group two down.Each game would mean hell of a lot more. We play far tomany games in low level soccer. That way you would not have to play on Wednesdays nine pm.
Premier sides All should play out of one park each weekend open beer gardens and make as much money as they need for any trips. Just go from club to club each weekend. That's how all the people would get to know each other and promote the game. Guys at the ghelm are way older than my stalion. Clubs are broke and can not even go to play in BC Premier league.

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Machel i think it would be better with 10 premier ,sixteen div one,sixteen div two,sixteen div three and sixteen div four. U 21 enters in to div four. All go in to league cup. Only Premier sides go to A cup. That is the way rest of the World does it. Two up in each group two down.Each game would mean hell of a lot more. We play far tomany games in low level soccer. That way you would not have to play on Wednesdays nine pm.
Premier sides All should play out of one park each weekend open beer gardens and make as much money as they need for any trips. Just go from club to club each weekend. That's how all the people would get to know each other and promote the game. Guys at the ghelm are way older than my stalion. Clubs are broke and can not even go to play in BC Premier league.

I can't believe I'm even bothering with this one, but...

...Mr. Base, you don't have any clue as to what is really going on, if you did, then you wouldn't keep coming back to finances being the reason the Premier clubs don't support the BCPL...if that was the reason, we would have probably all voted YES out of excitement for our illustrious league presidents "brain wave" of an idea to create a BCPL travel fund from hosting a World Cup pool...well, there's year 1 sorted out, now just for the following 3-years!!! LOL!!! :rolleyes: Holy crap man, just STFU!!!!

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In my opinion, we should revert to what a normal season would be...2 teams should be relegated from premier and only 2 teams should be coming up from Div 1 (Akal and Hurricanes).

I agree with Reedie, a 12 premier league has been outstanding this year and it would be nice to see it again next year. Again, IMO, I would just promote the Division 1 winners (Akal and Hurricanes). The promotion game (Olympics/Serbia) is a one game playoff and not indictitive of the balance of the season, schedule, opposition and besides it is a 2nd chance for promotion. Sorry star#1.

In Premier, I would relegate the bottom team and have a home/away aggregrate playoff between the 10th and 11th place teams to see who would get relegated and who would remain in Premier. That would maintain premier at 12 teams.

As for Divison 1, there would be no promotion/relegation game between Chile/Bombastic as both teams would be relegated to Division 2 (again a 2nd chance game to remain in a division that you had a season to illustrate that you originally belong in). The two relegated Premier teams, and the remaining Division 1 teams, along with the top two Division 2 round robin leaders would make up the new division 1. I believe that would leave Division 1 at 12 teams as well.

My two cents, but really it is too late to make any dramatic changes to any divisional format, and I believe the status quo minus the BCPL will remain.

Gilly

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
fair enough gilly but I'm sure that you would say differently if Akal had finished 2nd. It would have been totally different if they didn't have a promotion game penciled in at the beginning of the season for the two 2nd place finishers.

I agree with Reedie, a 12 premier league has been outstanding this year and it would be nice to see it again next year. Again, IMO, I would just promote the Division 1 winners (Akal and Hurricanes). The promotion game (Olympics/Serbia) is a one game playoff and not indictitive of the balance of the season, schedule, opposition and besides it is a 2nd chance for promotion. Sorry star#1.

In Premier, I would relegate the bottom team and have a home/away aggregrate playoff between the 10th and 11th place teams to see who would get relegated and who would remain in Premier. That would maintain premier at 12 teams.

As for Divison 1, there would be no promotion/relegation game between Chile/Bombastic as both teams would be relegated to Division 2 (again a 2nd chance game to remain in a division that you had a season to illustrate that you originally belong in). The two relegated Premier teams, and the remaining Division 1 teams, along with the top two Division 2 round robin leaders would make up the new division 1. I believe that would leave Division 1 at 12 teams as well.

My two cents, but really it is too late to make any dramatic changes to any divisional format, and I believe the status quo minus the BCPL will remain.

Gilly

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Being part of a team (Serbia) that is one win away from being promoted back up to premier this would be a real kick in the balls if we were told that we wouldnt have the chance to make it back up to premier. The team worked hard all season to have this chance. Im sure that other Div 1 teams would say the same thing if they were in the same boat as us or Olympics. I say have the 14 teams this year and relegate 3 teams and have one come up to make it a 12 team division again.

Totally agree with Star 1.......It would be a massive kick in the stones for any of the three division one teams to not be promoted.

Go with 14......

If the BCPL goes next year.....4 go up.....that would leave 10......relegate the two bottomteams and promote the top two division one teams.....if yo uwanted 10 OR drop the last team in Premier and bring up 1 division one team...

Kaaa

Apr 18, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
VMSL players....we (VISL players) just heard that the bcpl is a no go....
The funny thing is we didn't hear it from our visl rep's or our team rep's, rather we got the info from "Bruno" who posted on our website.

We had no idea on the voting that was happening behind closed doors or that you guys were getting together for a meeting. Honestly, the whole thing was "sprung" on us, just as it was on you.

Just so that you are aware, the majority of the guys playing on the top teams on the island were not interested in the bcpl......just not interested in giving up our weekends.
I just want to thank the organizers of "the letter" who finally let the powers that be hear the majority vote!

cheers

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
From the VISL board:

BC Premier Soccer League
Official joint Statement from the FVSL, VISL and BC Soccer

• Fraser Valley Soccer League – Thomas Mills, President
• Vancouver Island Soccer League – Fraser Sim, President
• BC Soccer – Kjeld Brodsgaard, VP Senior

On Tuesday morning Feb 16, 2010 we were notified by Willie Azzi, President - VMSL that the Vancouver Metro Soccer League (VMSL) Premier teams had voted against any participation in the proposed BC Premier Soccer League (BCPSL).
The FVSL, VISL and BC Soccer are very disappointed in the set back to growth of the Senior Men's game in British Columbia and wish to thank their respective membership for the support that they have given to this project.
During the past two years, the VISL and FVSL in conjunction with BC Soccer have negotiated in good faith with the VMSL and were repeatedly reassured that this project was approved by both the VMSL Premier teams and the league membership. This NEW division was sanctioned by BC Soccer (New Association created BRITISH COLUMBIA PREMIER SOCCER LEAGUE) and both leagues have restructured their relegation and promotion regulations to accommodate teams moving to the proposed league and this has affected many divisions in the two leagues.
In addition, the members of the VISL have approved a $5 increase in player fees to provide assistance with travel costs for the three teams that were to compete in the BCPSL and the FVSL were in the process of presenting something similar to their membership.
Items that were defined for this new division include-
• Travel Equalization Subsidy Plan
• Website - including sponsored Team Pages
• Match Schedule
• Referee payment structure and scheduling
• Player movement and Permits
• Home field standards and presentation
• Executive Committee membership
• Discipline process & standards
• Sponsorship standards Plan
• Home Cup participation Plan
• Provincial Cup participation Plan
• BCPSL Logo

The FVSL and the VISL are both committed to the growth of Senior Men’s Soccer in British Columbia and with the support of BC Soccer will continue to work together to explore ways to improve the game.
We are currently reviewing ALL participation with the VMSL including the All Star Program. Under consideration is the formation of a Champions League format for the 2010 – 2011 season to include only the VISL and FVSL in a crossover schedule to be played throughout the season.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0