Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BCPL- BC Premier League: Proposal

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lets make somthing clear. I do not wish to dismandle PCSL. That is a good summer league. BC Premier League is to be in winter months. As you all know VMSL teams head a meeting trying to kill the BC premier. Now think a bit. What is the use to have four Leagues in the winter months when half of the good players do not play against each other. I still say It is up to Ghouse and Thomas Mills to be in BC history books. All they need is five clubs from Valley, two from Victoria, and three ethnik sides to bring the best players out. Soccer in BC is falling fast due to some guys that can not see the big picture. Check out White Caps roster and you will see where our soccer is at. Make the league and be able to play against rest of the country.

Mr Base..the whole Idea of the BCPL is to unite all the Leagues.Without the VMSL a division could be formed but it still will be missing an important part.
Ethnic leagues(Korean,Chinese) do not want to be full members of BC Soccer and cannot be apart of a Provincial league until they desided to change that. they are happy doing things on thier own. and dont want to take part in any of the BC Soccer events.

I hear talk of a Business plan being needed...But all the work to put that together just to explain how to catch a ferry seems pointless.
That is the only difference between the Leagues we are all in now.
Oh sorry the extra $2000 a year per team to travel and offset travel. Total .
Yes I do understand and see the point where teams being asked to take part need to see that on paper. And I too wonder why a business plan was never given out. Should have been one from the start for sure.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This topic is Seabuiscut.

Parting shot: to all those VMSLers who say "Nothing's wrong" with their league...the Nationals results beg to differ. Regs…I like your spin, but you can’t pin that on the VMSL expanding to Surrey. That’s a stretch. It’s a combination of several factors, but I’d humbly offer complacency being the key problem.

What makes sense, at some point, is a true "Premier" league across the regions that takes advantage of those regional strengths to formalize the best amateur league possible: players, club systems, facilities, people to run it all.

Right now, not one of the leagues can make a claim to this. The FVSL doesn't have the best players, and the VMSL has shite facilities and club systems to draw from. The VISL is missing a bridge to the rest of the world. The PCSL...who knows what really is going on there.

All leagues have their strengths and flaws. One rule of expanding: if by joining two or more parties the combined result is greater than the sum of the parts individually, then you should move forward if you truly want to grow. That said, bringing partners together is ubber painful, and most partnerships end in failure before getting off the ground.

The other rule of expanding is that you can always do it on your own w/ money. So, somebody please step up w/ $500K. Takers?

Right now, nobody will be able to convince me that one of the 4 have it right. All four are doing as well as they can, under the circumstances. They can only do so much, really. These are basically volunteer gigs. None are poised to "grow" in terms of quality due to their limitations. A Champions League will not change this, IMHO. Sure, it will make the local scene more fun and interesting, but it will not change the quality.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ethnic leagues(Korean,Chinese) do not want to be full members of BC Soccer and cannot be apart of a Provincial league until they desided to change that. they are happy doing things on thier own. and dont want to take part in any of the BC Soccer events.

Well aint that kick in the nads...

But they want to use the parks provided..

And often bump our playing times....

Thats just wrong

Fuk That noise:eek:

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Honestly, i'm surprised BC Soccer haven't been more vocal on the topic of the BCPL. If they signed off on it, it would mean a fundamental change how Premier soccer is organized and scheduled, and that's a pretty big deal. That they have been so quiet on the topic also seems off. You can barely find any information on their website about the BC Premier League. Not on the tabs, can't even find any decent search results when type in BC Premier League on their website.

You would think it's something worth a tab or section on their website (The Official Web Site of the British Columbia Soccer Association), with an introduction of the new league there should be on their website an explanation of how things are going to work and so on, teams involved, or already qualified and so on, where games will be played, some sort of buildup. But nothing. Seems strange and/or makes it look likes it not that important to them.

I mean the action of creating the BCPL, with all leagues working together and participating at the least the majority, will also probably and should lead and open the door to an eventual formation of a BC Soccer League, or one BC league entity in BC divided into Regional Divisions. Cause that's what will make most sense. BC Soccer should be all over this.

For PCSL, I say segregate the PCSL from provincials and nationals, just keep it as a developmental/summer league, and only have one route into the Provincials. Through the Premier leagues of each league or through the BCPL, seems more fair that way. As not all the top teams in BC compete in the PCSL seems like. Eventhough some teams may deserve a spot in that league, seems like its a backdoor or sideroute way into a Provincial spot.

Anywho...

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
This topic is Seabuiscut.

Parting shot: to all those VMSLers who say "Nothing's wrong" with their league...the Nationals results beg to differ. Regs…I like your spin, but you can’t pin that on the VMSL expanding to Surrey. That’s a stretch. It’s a combination of several factors, but I’d humbly offer complacency being the key problem.

What makes sense, at some point, is a true "Premier" league across the regions that takes advantage of those regional strengths to formalize the best amateur league possible: players, club systems, facilities, people to run it all.

Right now, not one of the leagues can make a claim to this. The FVSL doesn't have the best players, and the VMSL has shite facilities and club systems to draw from. The VISL is missing a bridge to the rest of the world. The PCSL...who knows what really is going on there.

All leagues have their strengths and flaws. One rule of expanding: if by joining two or more parties the combined result is greater than the sum of the parts individually, then you should move forward if you truly want to grow. That said, bringing partners together is ubber painful, and most partnerships end in failure before getting off the ground.

The other rule of expanding is that you can always do it on your own w/ money. So, somebody please step up w/ $500K. Takers?

Right now, nobody will be able to convince me that one of the 4 have it right. All four are doing as well as they can, under the circumstances. They can only do so much, really. These are basically volunteer gigs. None are poised to "grow" in terms of quality due to their limitations. A Champions League will not change this, IMHO. Sure, it will make the local scene more fun and interesting, but it will not change the quality.

Dude your right again. (today)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Further side note:

The "top" team/club in the FVSL calls a VMSL facility home.
Poco plays out of Gates - flooding pitch
Langley plays out of MAP - flooding pitch
Abby plays out of a high school turf field
Port Moody plays on one of the worst turf pitches in the lower mainland

I'd say the mythical "best facilities" argument is a saw-off btwn the 2 leagues. In fact, I'd venture to say that the VMSL has more teams playing out of quality grass pitches than the FVSL at this point... of course this is a bit of tongue in cheek since the best VMSL grass pitches are from teams based south of the Fraser :D

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rags they did have the meeting. They all got together and sent Azzi a letter. Rags let me put it this way. You have Burnaby League you have Richmond league you have VMSL you have Millar league you have Fraser Valley league. All fighting for same Parks. To me it is clear that each league is going to have ten fifteen top players in BC. Now is the time to get together and do it. Edmonton is in NASL next year Ottawa will be in and maybee one more side. Our clubs can not beat people in Nationals for that same reason.
We are split in ethink regions. Forget all that. Forward as Canadians as one. Tom Binnie field can be used for all the BC Premier league games, Delta the same. Two very good fields to play on. Delta has always been for developmend and a forward move. I would even Ask White Caps to put in a side. Just for one reason, and that is to get out the best players in lower mainland in to one league. White Caps are Playing PDL sides this summer just to see if there is few guys for future. Now that should make it clear to some guys that soccer needs changes in this Province.

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rags they did have the meeting. They all got together and sent Azzi a letter. Rags let me put it this way. You have Burnaby League you have Richmond league you have VMSL you have Millar league you have Fraser Valley league.

Millar has a league?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now is the time to get together and do it. Edmonton is in NASL next year Ottawa will be in and maybee one more side. Our clubs can not beat people in Nationals for that same reason.
Vancouver will have a team in the MLS AND NASL, Victoria has a team in the Highlanders, Abby has a PDL team, and "we" need to "react" to Edmonton and Ottawa?

BC is in a Nationals drought, that we can agree on but I hardly think it is for those reasons you are describing.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Further side note:

The "top" team/club in the FVSL calls a VMSL facility home.
Poco plays out of Gates - flooding pitch
Langley plays out of MAP - flooding pitch
Abby plays out of a high school turf field
Port Moody plays on one of the worst turf pitches in the lower mainland

I'd say the mythical "best facilities" argument is a saw-off btwn the 2 leagues. In fact, I'd venture to say that the VMSL has more teams playing out of quality grass pitches than the FVSL at this point... of course this is a bit of tongue in cheek since the best VMSL grass pitches are from teams based south of the Fraser :D

**** it. We should all just wakeboard.

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The one and only purpose of the bcpl of any structure was to raise awareness for soccer in this area and, as a result, raise the status of the main creator of the league. The goal was never to create the most competitive league. To me, "raising awareness for the game" could never justify breaking up the 3 leagues, especially the vmsl. Not to mention there was no marketing plan for the bcpl, never mind a business plan. You do not raise awareness simply by creating a new league. Unless any of these things change dramatically, I personally will never be in favour of a bcpl.

The vmsl premier teams were all painted into a corner where they all had to look out for their own interests for next season. Yes, we are part to blame because it took so long for the true opinions to surface from every team. Thankfully, in my opinion, the teams did decide to band together and reject the bcpl of any shape or form. At the end of the day, the vmsl had absolutely nothing to gain from this.

On the bright side, as was mentioned by several people at the meeting, it was terrific to see such strong representation from each and every team in the premier league. There were some very passionate opinions being expressed by everyone and let's hope it does not stop here. Some people say that it is just the "old people" from the vmsl that are against the bcpl but I would argue that most of these folks are in the prime of their life...they all have a wealth of soccer experiences and they are poised to help take the vmsl to another level. I think guys like Carmen, Miller, Rob J, Blair, John, Eggy, Burnsie, Craig, SirM, Andy, Spada, Joe, Ken, Sam, Zharko, Darko, Niall, Tom, Sandy and yes, even Wevers can make a massive contribution. I'm not criticizing Mr. Azzi when I say this because he has done a lot of work for the vmsl for a long period of time, much of which is taken for granted and much of which is dealing with a "large group of knuckleheads".

And as for the vmsl premier division, there is still a lot of work to do. I truly hope that we can stay at 12 teams next season. In my opinion, the promotion and relegation mandate was only in place IF there was a bcpl. That's not happening now so why would we keep the restructuring plan...the plan was entirely contingent on the bcpl!!! In my opinion, we should revert to what a normal season would be...2 teams should be relegated from premier and only 2 teams should be coming up from Div 1 (Akal and Hurricanes). Alternatively, you could have a round robin playoff between the top div 1 teams and the bottom 2 in premier to see who really belongs there next season. It will be interesting to see what transpires but we have to look out for the best interest of the premier division.

Jul 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's not happening now so why would we keep the restructuring plan...the plan was entirely contingent on the bcpl!!! In my opinion, we should revert to what a normal season would be...2 teams should be relegated from premier and only 2 teams should be coming up from Div 1 (Akal and Hurricanes). Alternatively, you could have a round robin playoff between the top div 1 teams and the bottom 2 in premier to see who really belongs there next season.

Looking back at the official agenda from the AGM, the restructuring and joining into BCPL was ONE vote, so as far as I am concerned, the whole restructuring has to go out the window...there will be a lot of happy 1st division teams, that's for sure.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It would be helpful to get more input from the Division 1 teams on this, ie if the BCPL is a no go (which it is), should the restructuring be cancelled?

Seems to me it should be, as the whole restructuring was based on a premise that four Premier teams were going to the BCPL.

Thoughts Div 1 guys?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I propose to start the new BCPWL (BC Premier Wakeboarding League).

New members will be me, Rangerforever (you think he moves fast on the pitch, wait till you see him on water), Chuck Keeling (need a boat), Mr. Base (navigator), RobJ (Croatian Dr. Evil to Mr. Base's Austin Powers), Ghouse (only if you bring those Playboy Bunnies you used to date...no crackwhores from the poor house), Captain (to drive the boat...God help us), Fastshow (because it makes sense), and Regs (computer geeks need love too).

Reedie, I'd invite you, but am afraid you'd just big time us.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SixFyv: you can't play either (not good enough), but please tell 4-9 to apply w/ Ghouse in the "help" department.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
It would be helpful to get more input from the Division 1 teams on this, ie if the BCPL is a no go (which it is), should the restructuring be cancelled?

Seems to me it should be, as the whole restructuring was based on a premise that four Premier teams were going to the BCPL.

Thoughts Div 1 guys?

While not perfect, I think the restructure is a step in the right direction. Also, if the BCPL is a no-go, I think the restructure could still be accomplished without straying too far from the original proposal.

Essentially there will be 4 extra teams in the VMSL (who were originally slated to go to the BCPL). Instead of making a 14 team premier division and a 10 team division 1, I would suggest going with 12 in each. This would maintain the competitive level of premier as it stands now, and obviously improve Div 1 next year tremendously. The tricky part will be figuring out the promotion/relegation between prem/div1. There will be some teams who gripe for sure, but the ideal comprise I think would be 2up/2down and everything else stands as it was outlined in the original proposal.

Also, 12 teams in each div should make it a bit easier for the league to schedule as they could pair up premier and div1 teams on the same fields in alternating weeks.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd suggest a playoff for promotion/relegation.

Premier 11th spot V Div 1 A
Premier 12th spot V Div 1 B

Home and home. That'll get some attention.

Dude - get fcuked. Don't make me post your golfing video again.:D

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0