Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BCPL- BC Premier League: Proposal

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oranje League can go with out VMSL teams period. BC premier can happen. Thomas Mills can do it. He can send five sides. Island can send top two, East Indian community can sen a club in, Chinise community can send a club in,Eastern Europian community can send a club in. Players will come. It realy does not matter what VMSL managers say. All they have to do is add six sides from BC premier to a top cup play and you will have as many players as you need.

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nope.....Still wait and see, Something good is going to come out of this..I have faith.
The majority of people know we need a Provincial League/Division.
We also need to align with the rest of the country and play in the summer.
If we keep trying it will happen.
If at first you dont succeed...try, try again.

Sounds to me like you actually want to create a league to complete with the PCSL. Why don't you stop wasting your time trying to change the winter leagues and focus on making the PCSL stronger? It would probably be easier.

I for one love playing soccer in the winter and playing softball, volleyball, going fishing and travelling in the summer.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds to me like you actually want to create a league to complete with the PCSL. Why don't you stop wasting your time trying to change the winter leagues and focus on making the PCSL stronger? It would probably be easier.

I for one love playing soccer in the winter and playing softball, volleyball, going fishing and travelling in the summer.

What about the guys who like to play hockey and go snowboarding and skiing???
What about the fans...oh ya what fans ...Cause its windy raining and cold as ...Canada...?
What about 6 months off before Nationals...

I think most here have agreed Summer is the way to go in the future.

And Im not for competing with any league...Im for 1 Provincial Premier League or Division. with 10/12 teams total. Instead of the 35/40 teams we have now in Premier.
A league to promote and bring people out to watch soccer. To share food and bevys with.
1 League instead of 4.

As I said before I am sure something good is going to come out of this.

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What about the guys who like to play hockey and go snowboarding and skiing???
What about the fans...oh ya what fans ...Cause its windy raining and cold as ...Canada...?
What about 6 months off before Nationals...

I think most here have agreed Summer is the way to go in the future.

And Im not for competing with any league...Im for 1 Provincial Premier League or Division. with 10/12 teams total. Instead of the 35/40 teams we have now in Premier.
A league to promote and bring people out to watch soccer. To share food and bevys with.
1 League instead of 4.

As I said before I am sure something good is going to come out of this.

So then promote the PCSL and get all the best players to play in that league instead of the winter leagues.

Let me ask you a couple questions and I'm being sincere. Do you think the PCSL is stronger than the VMSL, FVSL, and/or the VISL? And if your answer is no, then why is it not?

Regarding the fans, I personally love when people come out to watch but it doesn't matter if they do or don't because our fields do not make it feasible to make money on it and most people that come out are wives, girlfriends, family, and friends and do so because it's free.

What you continue to describe as your ending goal is essentially the PCSL. Most teams play in stadiums and charge an entry fee and the fans can watch comfortably in the warm summer weather. So here's my suggestion if you really want to do what you have written on here, promote the PCSL. Lobby BC Soccer to give all the Provincial spots to PCSL teams and forget about changing the three lower mainland winter Premier leagues.

In my opinion, the future of the Lower Mailand soccer in the winter might involve a merger of the VMSL and the FVSL, but that's as far as it will go because we play for fun and we all have lives outside of soccer. Most of us aren't playing with the goal of making the MLS and honestly, the MLS is not scouting our leagues looking for players and never will. That's what college and university leagues are for.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So then promote the PCSL and get all the best players to play in that league instead of the winter leagues.

Let me ask you a couple questions and I'm being sincere. Do you think the PCSL is stronger than the VMSL, FVSL, and/or the VISL? And if your answer is no, then why is it not?

Regarding the fans, I personally love when people come out to watch but it doesn't matter if they do or don't because our fields do not make it feasible to make money on it and most people that come out are wives, girlfriends, family, and friends and do so because it's free.

What you continue to describe as your ending goal is essentially the PCSL. Most teams play in stadiums and charge an entry fee and the fans can watch comfortably in the warm summer weather. So here's my suggestion if you really want to do what you have written on here, promote the PCSL. Lobby BC Soccer to give all the Provincial spots to PCSL teams and forget about changing the three lower mainland winter Premier leagues.

In my opinion, the future of the Lower Mailand soccer in the winter might involve a merger of the VMSL and the FVSL, but that's as far as it will go because we play for fun and we all have lives outside of soccer. Most of us aren't playing with the goal of making the MLS and honestly, the MLS is not scouting our leagues looking for players and never will. That's what college and university leagues are for.

This post, given where we are at now in this whole mess, seems to make the most sense.

As far as the summer / winter debate is concerned, my position is the same as Ghouse and most: I feel the strongest Premier league should be in the summer.

I hear what you're saying Gomesy, and you're certainly still capable of playing at the top levels in the VMSL (not so much SixFyv ;) ), but I think if a true summer Premier league were established, that it would attract the "elite" of our group, and most of those players would be on the younger side of 20 / late teens anyhow, and guys that should still be pushing for a trial on a professional side.

As I stated before, guys who get older and can still play would need to make a choice: continue on playing at the highest level, or step back...focus on career and family, do those things you enjoy in the summer, and continue on playing in the best winter league available. Personally, I decided many years ago that I enjoyed too many other things between April and August to bother w/ summer ball. I think a lot of guys are like that now, as they establish their families, etc. It’s the natural evolution of any athlete…one of the major flaws w/ out premier leagues is we have too many guys hanging on past their best days.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
This post, given where we are at now in this whole mess, seems to make the most sense.

As far as the summer / winter debate is concerned, my position is the same as Ghouse and most: I feel the strongest Premier league should be in the summer.

I hear what you're saying Gomesy, and you're certainly still capable of playing at the top levels in the VMSL (not so much SixFyv ;) ), but I think if a true summer Premier league were established, that it would attract the "elite" of our group, and most of those players would be on the younger side of 20 / late teens anyhow, and guys that should still be pushing for a trial on a professional side.

As I stated before, guys who get older and can still play would need to make a choice: continue on playing at the highest level, or step back...focus on career and family, do those things you enjoy in the summer, and continue on playing in the best winter league available. Personally, I decided many years ago that I enjoyed too many other things between April and August to bother w/ summer ball. I think a lot of guys are like that now, as they establish their families, etc. It’s the natural evolution of any athlete…one of the major flaws w/ out premier leagues is we have too many guys hanging on past their best days.

Thankyou Dude

And BC soccer doesnt decide how many teams go to provincials from each league. The 4 leagues decide together with BC Soccer mediating.
Its based on the number of players signed to A forms. (traditionally).
But thats not even whats used as of now. The PCSL only asked for one spot and the rest were given to the VMSL. By the 3 other leagues. If you do the math on A forms yes the VMSL will have more players and teams... not 9,5,5,1. Its more like 7,5,4,4. according to A forms signed. But the PCSL only wants 1 spot. And the leagues agreed giveing spots to the VMSL is better for soccer. Thats how they came up with 9,5,5,1.
They also agreed that the amount of teams and number of players very from year to year. And agreed to make this the norm, to keep it simple and so they dont have to meet and count A forms every spring.
This is also why VMSL has the CAT system,more A formed players to keep the numbers up.
Same goes for B Provincials. Spots Awarded based on number of players signed on B forms. With some Leagues giveing spots away because they only elect to send 1 team to Cup.(Burnaby eg). or not send a team at all.(a few leagues).
Also if any new league starts up on A forms(minimum 4 teams) 1 Provincial berth must be turned over to this League if the League so desires a spot. (eg KSL summer Premier division signes on A forms (if))
My point is, Lobbying to BC soccer is not nessasary. All the leagues have to do is take back what is rightfully thiers. And again that would change year to year depending on player registration on A forms.
Really...JB has the most power because if he signed all his top Divisions from the KSL to A forms...he could screw everyone....
Or the MultiCultural league same thing...
Or Alberts Summer fun beer league just as simple as useing A forms instead if C forms could shake the Provincial foundations.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
PCSL having provincial "A" spots is stupid enough already. Last year the PCSL entry was the 7th place finisher from their summer 2008 season, and got smoked in the first round 5-1.

Imagine this year if Thunderbirds win provincials. Then what happens at Nationals when most of those players are in the middle of their UBC CIS season and can't go? Do they just drop the team out of Nationals?

Here's an even worse scenario... if ACBC wins PCSL this summer, do they get 2 provincial spots next year (1 via PCSL and 1 via FVSL)?

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
This can all be solved by going to a champions league format... HMMMM

imagine all leagues kept intact and the oppourtunity to play even more soccer/less practice during the course of a season.....

vmsl=happy
fvsl=happy
Visl=happy
fans=happy

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, we're actually discussing two seperate issues.

Anyhow...

Beating a dead horse is an issue?

Stop wasting positive energy on something that aint gonna fly

and if it does take off? What good is it running on only one engine

time to move on..

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
whay are all vmsl premier teams Broke and playing on poor fields where as the exact opposite is taking place in the fraser valley?

P.s. W.A. almost ran me over in his new porsche yeaterday j/k

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lets make somthing clear. I do not wish to dismandle PCSL. That is a good summer league. BC Premier League is to be in winter months. As you all know VMSL teams head a meeting trying to kill the BC premier. Now think a bit. What is the use to have four Leagues in the winter months when half of the good players do not play against each other. I still say It is up to Ghouse and Thomas Mills to be in BC history books. All they need is five clubs from Valley, two from Victoria, and three ethnik sides to bring the best players out. Soccer in BC is falling fast due to some guys that can not see the big picture. Check out White Caps roster and you will see where our soccer is at. Make the league and be able to play against rest of the country.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As you all know VMSL teams head a meeting trying to kill the BC premier. Now think a bit. What is the use to have four Leagues in the winter months when half of the good players do not play against each other.
VMSL teams did no such thing. They have repeatedly asked for a plan and have never to this day received one.

What is the official vision for this league? Is it in writing? I'm not interested in Ghouse's version because he is in no better position than anyone else not on the 'executive board' for this proposal. Is there one?

6-3-3 was the latest make-up proposed for this super league. That's more than half of what the VMSL Premier division was on course to get to (10 teams by 2011). As an aside, note that the VMSL Premier division was at 10 teams before (1) the FVSL got 2 teams into the VMSL Premier and (2) introduction of the CAT system. Historically speaking, up to that point, BC WAS WINNING NATIONALS CONSISTENTLY.

Food for flames.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The VMSL Premier division is the premier league in this province, and it does not need to be fixed. If the VISL, FVSL or whoever sides want to play at the top level, they should make a plan to get involved with the VMSL, probably by trying to win their way into the league. It is not the job of the VMSL to try to fix the problems of the other leagues, but the VMSL in my view should accomodate those that would like to join them. The best way to achieve this is by competition on the field, be it Champions League, Provincials, or whatever.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
The VMSL Premier division is the premier league in this province, and it does not need to be fixed. If the VISL, FVSL or whoever sides want to play at the top level, they should make a plan to get involved with the VMSL, probably by trying to win their way into the league. It is not the job of the VMSL to try to fix the problems of the other leagues, but the VMSL in my view should accomodate those that would like to join them. The best way to achieve this is by competition on the field, be it Champions League, Provincials, or whatever.

:bronco:There ya go, Change the name of the VMSL Premier TO BCPL premier :bronco:

its that simple.. SIR M You r a fuking genius:D

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0