Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters] Discussion/Banter/Rumours/Sept/October 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Planks you are right, you were not at your best this morning. But enough about my recent conversation with Mrs. Planks.

I thought West Van wore Westside down in the end, and deserved the win.

Sir M.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain,

In the first 25 you missed I think if we capitalized on the couple of good chances we had, the game could have been put away... but we didn't and Richmond battled back into the game and took over for the next 45-50 minutes or so.

1-1 at the half. Richmond took the lead maybe 20 minutes into the second. Hand bags at 20 paces resulted in both teams going down a man which seemed to wake us up a bit and we played with a bit more purpose and passion.

BRM tied it up with about 15 or 20 to go.

At the end of the day I thought the draw was fair to both teams.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain,

In the first 25 you missed I think if we capitalized on the couple of good chances we had, the game could have been put away... but we didn't and Richmond battled back into the game and took over for the next 45-50 minutes or so.

1-1 at the half. Richmond took the lead maybe 20 minutes into the second. Hand bags at 20 paces resulted in both teams going down a man which seemed to wake us up a bit and we played with a bit more purpose and passion.

BRM tied it up with about 15 or 20 to go.

At the end of the day I thought the draw was fair to both teams.

Probably right.........:)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, the difference was probably when Duece got pulled... Richmond took control then. We recovered 45 minutes later when he came back on. You know how it is :D

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, the difference was probably when Duece got pulled... Richmond took control then. We recovered 45 minutes later when he came back on. You know how it is :D

That's what I heard too. When Deuce went off Richmond took it too us. I was in Abbotsford but I got the text message. "Deuce just went off. They're taking it too us." I forwarded the text to someone I know on Victoria Athletics, and in an instant they started to play better in their game against Gorge........all because Deuce came off. Amazing the impact one player can make.:D

Thanks for helping us clean up the clubhouse Deuce. You were a great asset today. If you ever want to be our 34th player signed, let me know.:D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's what I heard too. When Deuce went off Richmond took it too us. I was in Abbotsford but I got the text message. "Deuce just went off. They're taking it too us." I forwarded the text to someone I know on Victoria Athletics, and in an instant they started to play better in their game against Gorge........all because Deuce came off. Amazing the impact one player can make.:D

Thanks for helping us clean up the clubhouse Deuce. You were a great asset today. If you ever want to be our 34th player signed, let me know.:D

Hey, I was asked to be the 34th player today........:mad:

You guys did make a good point though.........When Deuce was off, it was ALL Richmond.

:D ;)

Deuce, what do you think, m8?

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
WVFC 2 - Westside 0

Note to self: The next time the wife wants to get laid (her birthday) before a game I am going to have to say NO. I was shocking today, but I will take the SO.

I seriously thought you were drunk! :D Blood and guts game....not pretty at all. Looking forward to the next time.
Disagree with Smalley somewhat....think if we had taken 2 out of those 3 sitters, it was game over. Well, that and you had 35 guys;)

Planks

Oct 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well if the old adage is true " You are only as good as your last game..." ---Then I suck.

Don't get used to it.

Dancin Bear,
The ironic thing is that I purposely didn't drink last night at a party that we went to so I could be fresh for our game. What a mistake.

Deuce

Sep 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yah , Yah , Yah...
Fantastic club house fellas!!!!!!!:D

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lineup for this week in VMSL Masters Premier:

All games Friday evening.

Westside A at Columbus
Richmond at West Van FC
Cliff Ave at Wickham
Surrey Utd at Sapperton
PCOV at Metro Ford

All games are on turf except for the Sapperton/Surrey Utd game.

Sapp and PCOV need points...

Hose

Apr 10, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
What happened to Bob? I think Sapp is still celebrating there mini tourney they had and won over the summer!

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
My Predictions for next week:

Westside A at Columbus
Richmond at West Van FC
Cliff Ave at Wickham
Surrey Utd at Sapperton
PCOV at Metro Ford

WEstside 3-2 over Columbus (only because hose is tooo worried where WAB is)
Westvan 3-1 over Richmond
Cliff Ave 2-1 over Wichham
Surrey 2-2 tie with Sapperton
PCOV with their first win 3-1 over MEtro-ford

My 1st ever predictions and lets see how i do... :)

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What happened to Bob? I think Sapp is still celebrating there mini tourney they had and won over the summer!
360 minutes of soccer is over 2 days is hardly "mini".

More like licking the wounds from a frustrating 0-1-1 start. Can't score right now and the opposition is burying their 1 chance against us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0