Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters] Discussion/Banter/Rumours/Sept/October 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dave Pratt's shorts and old, crusty, weathered pussies, takes me back sooo many years to Sunday Nights at the Roxy with "who ever played that day". Good thing most of the nights ended with a drunk Pratt and crusty pussies going way in a weathered cab.

Jinky, get yourself out for a haircut in WhiteRock soon, we would love to have you out at S. Slurrey for a match.
hos

Planks

Oct 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
West Van 1 - Richmond 2

Richmond worked very hard and WV looked very disorganized in the first half. RU went up on a nice header off of a set play. Second half was different game. WV missed 4 chances that were harder to miss than score. RU scored on a giveaway in the back by WV and that was the game. I think RU worked hard for the win but were lucky to walk away with two points. Same old story though, if you don't score you can't win. It happened to Westside against WV last weekend and now it has happened to us. I am sure it won't be the last time either. This league is going to be good this year. It is already a crapshoot.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
WOW MFFF 2 PCOV 2. PCOV is probably still filling out the paper work on the theft of 3 points from them tonight. I arrived just before the half to see that PCOV was up 1-0 and could have been a few more before half time saved MFFF. I thought MFFF would come out in the second half all fired up after taking a class in possession of the ball by the Pork Chops in the first half. I thought wrong as in the second half the Porks dominated ball control and had numerous chances to put the game out of reach. MF was fortunate that PCOV A) made their goalie look good and B) missed on their chances. With 88 minutes played MF came back and scrored 2 to tie it up. Actually if there had been another 5 minutes left they might have even stole all 3 points as the Pork Chops were reeling and actually looked like they had just got kicked in the nuts and pepper sprayed at the same time. Even the MF players were in disbelief that they had actually pulled this great escape with out getting caught. Also heard that Sapp blew a 3-0 lead to SU only to still hang on for the victory in a 3-2 final score. WAB's crew finally has their elusive first win, look for them to get on a roll now!

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
So with the Sap win...that leaves the porkchops alone at the bottom?? Who would've thought?
PCOV 2- MFF 2......hmmmm...sounds somewhat like that game last year at Mundy.

Cheers!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A first half I would like to forget :(

At least I followed through and generated a scoring chance in the first 10. Unfortunately it was for Sapp with a giveaway of all giveaways - 1 nil Sapp :mad:

Before you knew it, it was 3 buzz and in typical BRM fashion, the mental wheels began to fall off and the chirping at the ref began. I snapped at everyone who even looked like they were going to move their lips (sorry Ang) - players on our squad can't seem to get it through their skulls that they are not helping anyone with that crap. We're fcuking kicking guys, a foul is called and then having a moan about it - fcuk me, you just fcuking wellied the guy!

Anyways after a further snap-show in the changerooms and then an inspirational speech by Coach, we came out flying for the second half.

With 20 to go, we had pulled 2 back. Generated a couple of chances but couldn't get that final touch to knot things up. Muzz took a second yellow to put us down a man but then McNabb returned the favour shortly after.

Players that I thought stood out for us:

Villars
Shuey
Hos

Luke Hogan played well for Sapp until he ran out of steam and McNabb and Favs I thought had typical strong games.

Could've been so different if I didn't cause the flood gates to open early on. The worst part is that 30 seconds earlier, the move came out of hibernation with a HUGE bite... Hi Favs :D

Onto WV - sounds and looks like the league is going to be a dogfight this year!

Regs.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Excellent site shows Wickham 4-1 over Cliff... Wickham vaults into a share of first, by my count, these are the standings:

WV 6
Wickham 6
Columbus 6
Metro Ford 5
Richmond 4
Sapperton 4
BRM 4
Westside 3
Cliff Ave 3
PCOV 1

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
MFF just played possum on the ropes - good first goal by PCOV but the second was off a phantom hand ball - and a keeper wave at the cross. Once we put the twin towers up front and sorted the defence we owned them - their keeper crapped his drawers and they were nice enough to give us a couple of free kicks in the last 3 minutes to take advantage - if the ref played injury time we would have won. Beautiful long ball free kick to tie - the MFF back (Taxman :) ) put in a 50 - 60 maybe even 70 yard ball into the box and Eli finished his dinner.... another two minutes and we would have finished them off ..... they had a few new faces but we figured them out .... goals with 3 minutes and 30 seconds left .... the rope-a-dope really worked well.

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
PCOV 2 Metro ford 2

I don t know how even to describe this game. Kudos to MEtro-ford. Great bunch of guys and i think might be over achieving alittle. AFter the game when we went thru the line up to shake hands it felt like each of their players were giving their sympathy and their condolences... They felt soooo bad or embarassed that they even got a tie! I asked my goalie after the game if they even had a shot on net... He said not even 1 shot... They scored off a header and another off one of their players rear end!!! I have never seen a team dominate another team for 88 minutes in my entire life!!! The ball was in metro-fords end the whole game except for 2 free kicks late in the game!!!!!! PCOV outchanced MEtroford by at least 40 chances to 2!!! NO exaggeration!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But kudos to metroford as they hung around......... I think the whole portuguese community is in shock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On to Wichham next week and hopefully for a better result!! Lucky we are only 3 games in!!!

Fantabulous not feeling so fantabulous......:rolleyes:

Life goes on.... good luck to taxman and his team the rest of the way!! AFter this game i think i am gonna do my taxes...

Taxman i saw you after the game but i was in toooo much shock to introduce myself! :cool:

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's all about finishing your opportunities ..... not to disagree with your assessment but what about the other header that was missed from the 5 yard line ? ... and by the way the first goal was with 3 minutes left so you guys folded like a cheap tent :) after 87 not 88 minutes.
the fresh blood you guys have will help - at least for the first time through the league - loved the yellow for diving you guys received - that seemed to turn the tide. Glad to see you didn't stoop down to WABs level and claim that we owe you points although you could use a few now.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with Planks on the wv/rich game although he had a better view of things than I...
Not scoring isn't a good thing with so many quality chances but it will pay off later on in the season as the nine new guys get more familiar with each other. Some of us were not good enough on the evening. No excuses though since this is a team with some very good players that should get it done. On to sunny Surrey next Sunday. Should be a good one especially on the grass.

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's all about finishing your opportunities ..... not to disagree with your assessment but what about the other header that was missed from the 5 yard line ? ... and by the way the first goal was with 3 minutes left so you guys folded like a cheap tent :) after 87 not 88 minutes.
the fresh blood you guys have will help - at least for the first time through the league - loved the yellow for diving you guys received - that seemed to turn the tide. Glad to see you didn't stoop down to WABs level and claim that we owe you points although you could use a few now.

Taxman last nite was no exaggeration men vs boys! But it would of been nice if you guys earned your friggin single pt instead of stealing it.. :)

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fantab.....a goal is a goal....doesn't matter how it goes in....as long as it counts:D It seems the porkchops are having all the luck MFF had last year. Better luck in your next game. As for MFF...way to go boys...keep it going! Kudos from the "valley".

Cheers!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was one of those games last night at Ambleside. We pressed a bit early, but seemed out of sorts. Then we gave up a set piece late in the half, and the much vaunted backline of Mac, Notty, Thomo and Gavin missed a RU player wide open at the far post, and left our poor little 5'6" backup goaltender (OK, he is not a goaltender, is not 5'6", but is a great coach) having to deal with a six plus RC guy on a clean header. We are down 1-0 on their one chance.

Into the second half, we miss one chance after another, put them under high pressure, and RU scored on a bad giveaway in the middle of the park on their second chance of the game. We got one back shortly thereafter, and really barnstormed the Richmond net, but missed way too may chances. The RU goaltender played very well, and was helped by his woodwork.

I give it to RU though, they always are there, work hard, and this kind of thing follows sometimes, and they more often than not get points as a result...hats off to these guys.

Unless Planks gets some other rare post shagging infection again, hopefully he will be back next week: COTY does not do 1000 Sunday in Cloverdale very well, believe me.

Planks

Oct 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is nice to see not much argument from the RU guys. These guys should never be taken lightly. Very hard working team.

Sir M,
remember... It was Mrs. Planks birthday and they happen annually.

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We don't know how to work a computer so how could we possibly argue!!!

Interesting that Sir M was able to give a report seeing as he missed the entire game chatting on the phone while sitting on the flag:rolleyes:

Game Report:

first half - pretty even we score on a nice header
second half - we struggled, they pressed, we score off a mistake, they get one back off a missed offside, we hold on.

End of story

Other notes: Worst playing surface in the league, nice changerooms (even if they didn't open ours before the game) and playing at 7:30 on a friday should be quite an advantage:eek:

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I quite agree - 7:30 is a difficult time for anyone to make .. no Friday games should start before 8 PM. I don't believe SirM's story at all ... the posts at Ambleside are not made of wood.

Planks

Oct 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lean,
I could totally see how you could think that was offside. We even said that was a close one to call. The chip was pretty cheeky as well. I would have been pissed. Your goalie came off his line fairly well that night, did you guys sneak chocolate sauce on the ball or something. Sorry I couldn't resist. He played well and made the saves when he needed to. I do disagree on the surface. I find the old Burnaby Lake fields worse and then there is Griffin where Wickham play. That is a terrible field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0