Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters] Discussion/Banter/Rumours/Sept/October 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess now I can comment on Minoru's lights.....Sir M. Simply horrible.

I would also agree with Planks and his comment about turf. Having trained at Bby turf for six or so years it is the worst. A close second to Griffin.

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Other notes: Worst playing surface in the league, nice changerooms (even if they didn't open ours before the game) and playing at 7:30 on a friday should be quite an advantage:eek:

Change rooms not open before game at Ambleside? The Westvan boyz would never scoop to that level... lol..

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
A few years back i played at the turf field at eric hamber secondary school! It was like playing on pure concrete. One of the very very first turf fields in vancouver. Ambleside and 8rinks would surely come in 2nd!

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is probably worthy of its own thread, but I would say, in the following order of Worst Fields:
1. Wickam (Bill Griffin). Not only is it like concrete with green fuzz, but you need to factor in Friday night's cross winds, shitty lighting, and certain heavy north shore rain.
2. Burnaby Lakes #1-3. Only slightly better because of change rooms and distance from coastal mountain range and related weather effects. Why on earth don't they make the kids play on this and leave the new fields for the old men who need the softer surface? Aren't we the one's whose tax dollars have gone to pay for these (or at least one of them, as one is privately owned, right?)?
3. Coquitlam Town Centre - large piece of turf-crap that should never have a cup game played on it for the sake of charging $5 at the door. Cheap bastards should schedule cup games on beautiful grass with turf back up should it rain hard.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
At least I followed through and generated a scoring chance in the first 10. Unfortunately it was for Sapp with a giveaway of all giveaways - 1 nil Sapp :mad:
Regs.

Come on, Regs. Did you not see the giveaway by our defender for your 2nd goal? THAT was the worst.

4 of the 5 goals were from a direct or indirect giveaway within 25 yards of the goal. The 5th goal was the result of a bad call by the ref to give Sapp a corner when it clearly was not. (However, I did manage to rip it from 25 out and into the top corner past Angelina (I did that to Planks 3 years ago at Ambleside from the same spot)).

That Wiggles character up front who got yet another ejection against Sapp (the 3rd game in a row) was throwing the elbows as usual.

SU did show a lot of pride and character and came out flying in the 2nd half. The thing that struck me, besides Murray's elbows, was that you weren't just trying to make the game respectable. You really believed you could win the game even after being down 3 goals.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is probably worthy of its own thread, but I would say, in the following order of Worst Fields:
1. Wickam (Bill Griffin)
2. Burnaby Lakes #1-3
3. Coquitlam Town Centre

Can't argue any of this. Funny how the municipalities want to be environmentally responsible, but they are killing the very thing that produces oxygen and cools the earth surface. They might as well pave over the fields with rubber asphalt.

The BEST is by far Queens Park grass (Sept, Oct, April, May)

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Change rooms not open before game at Ambleside? The Westvan boyz would never scoop to that level... lol..

Lean/Fantabulous:
You're getting all paranoid.
This is a very common occurance in the VMSL I'm learning.
Queen's Park has the same problems...

Your tactics are getting old Bob.
I'm surprised you didn't set up a tent right on our sidelines so we had to move.

:p

whataboutbob said:
You really believed you could win the game even after being down 3 goals.

Fcuk man, with you shoring up the back - Anything's possible.

:D

Stellar goal - Favero's diving header was sweet too.
Sapperton did very well considering their lack of numbers, albeit the guys there were all good.
12 guys or something.
How will that fare as the season progresses?

Agreed - Queen's Park is in mint condition.
Even the ball diamond part. ;)

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
...WAB - now you just have to work on the cold showers at Queen's Park ....
RF - just attach four pegs to your kit and you got your team a tent :) - looking forward to our match-up in a few weeks.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Meh - He's done better.
In fact, it's all he's got.
He'll be inevitably stealing Planks' chocolate sauce joke in due course I'm sure.

And it's called a kilt, not kit.

;)

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
RF....so you're saying...your kit's a kilt:rolleyes:

Have to support my bro...even when playing on different squads in different leagues...with some of your old friends:D

Cheers!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Staff are now coming in with early reports of a 0-0 draw between PCOV and Wickham, as well as a 2-1 win by Richmond over Columbus this eve, can anyone confirm?

midnite

Sep 24, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
0-0 Wickham-PCOV is correct. One way traffic for PCOV but they could not get a goal (except an offside one at the 90th minute). Both teams down to 10 in first half. Wickham down to nine half way thru second half but held on for the point.

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
PCOV 0 Wickham 0

Can some please take the curse of us!!!! Another game in which Wickham gets only 1 shot on net the first 20 minutes and after that they don t even cross our half the rest of the game!

WE had possession of at least 80% to 20% but we could not score!!! Chances after chances and possession after possession but nothing hitting the back of the net!!! Very frustrating.... One way traffic the whole game.. We score one late in the game but unfortunately ref calls its off side!!!! 20 players in the box and ref calls an off-side!!! I never seen a team soooooo happy with a tie!!!

Kudos to Wickham for hanging in there as they are a very good side!

Once again another game men vs boys and no results!!!!!!

If the rest of the season goes this way Taxman might be right... Division 1 next year is looking good for the porks? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0