Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters] Discussion/Banter/Rumours/Sept/October 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitehart

Oct 7, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
West Van 3 - PCOV 1

Some real quality west van additions this season and a new masters referee who also had a good game:)

Planks

Oct 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Okay Fant,
I mean this in the nicest possible way, but I can't wait to hear your take on the game. I felt that WV were full marks for the points but PCOV did have their chances. A good game all around, but it is a long season.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard Metro-Ford beat Sapp 2-1 and Westside pulled out the win in Richmond (4-3 I think?)

In our game, wickham just kept running... somewhat ugly game I thought in the sense that park has worse turf than Burnaby Lake :rolleyes:

An OG in the first half and then Evans sealed it in the second. Not too many chances for either team, quite a bit of ping-pong in the middle.

Regs.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
According to the excellent site, Cliff beat the current BC champs 3-1... also says Metro-ford and Sapp tied 1-1... who knows for sure?

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well what can I say but WAB's crew may have let me down as they were always a sure victory for me last year. Again PCOV tugged at my heart for them and with all the hype over the summer of their signings I had already pegged them as BC champs before game 1. So far with those 2 teams my picks went downhill. As for Surrey looks like I got that one right according to Regs. Richmond vs WS I have not heard any scores from. As for Columbus and Cliff, I would only go out to this game if I was paid to watch it!:wa:
From what I saw Cliff should have been up 2-0 but were down 1-0 at half time. Unfortunately I was busy trying to claim my area of bottle picking over certain nationalities, that I missed Cliff's come back. By the time I had claimed my territory of bottle picking, good location cause of the High school football game at BLWSC, the final score was 3-1 for Cliff. Full props to Columbus management though as they may have lost on the field tonight but they turned it into a fundraiser for Edmonton next month for them. They had strobe lights and DJ music going on in the changing rooms at Burnaby Lake. They were selling $5 beers and $8 high balls to all the football fans who had come to watch Notre Dame vs Saint Thomas Moore on the field beside them them. I belive there was about 1000 fans at the football game so you guy's do the math. BTW they also charged $3 to get into the dressing room for autograph sessions with the likes of Sarge, Snake Eyes and everyone's fan favorite Hose! Word on the street is Columbus didn't leave BBY lake till 2:45am, not sure what connection they have to be there that late. I also heard rumblings that R Mash is gonna charge for parking at BBY Lake for Columbus's next home game, so be prepared to park on the street unless you bring your wallet!!!:D

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BRM 2
Wickham 0

That Wickham team WILL take points when they are playing at William Griffin. That field is a definite home team advantage, and Wickham's style is perfectly suited to the surface. They better have a some good money in the bank to replace lost balls into the creek, river, canyon, whatever the hell is back there in the south area.

Not a pretty game to watch by any stretch of the word. Critical early three points were earned.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp 1 - Metro Ford 1
(0-1 15', 1-1 60')

A rather fun battle from the get go - the way you'd expect the 1st game to be. MF came out trying to be aggressive. It was their MO. It was chippy, chirpy, and intense at times. MF turned over their players to keep fresh against 12-man Sapp, but in the end it looked like Sapp had more energy and had the run of the play. Took Sapp a half to get organized and pretty much had the ball in the MF half the 2nd half.

Counter off a Sapp clearance that was one-timed back over our defense created a great goal for MF from a shot 25 yards out. I think it was MF's only shot on goal on the night.
Dave Mori got Sapp's goal with help from a MF OG flick.

Taxman, any thoughts?

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Okay Fant,
I mean this in the nicest possible way, but I can't wait to hear your take on the game. I felt that WV were full marks for the points but PCOV did have their chances. A good game all around, but it is a long season.

Unfortantely i was a spectator today! Both teams looked like they were playing their first games of the season.. Also a lot of new faces on the WEstvan team...

WEstvan had more of the possession and also won all the hard battles all over the park. If PCOV stopped handing the ball over to Westvan i think it would of been a better game. I thought PCOV was the better team the first 15 minutes in the second half.. So basically WEstvan was the better team the majority of the game. Not the best games for both teams forsure but kudos to WEstvan as they earned all 3 pts!

Big turning point was WEstvan up 2-1 in the second half and PCov gets a penalty shot against them.. The westvan player clearly was hanging on to the pcov player and than dropped looking like he was fouled.. WEstvan scores and thats the ball game!

Kudos to WEstvan and good luck the rest of the way!

In my eyes probabley the worst i have seen PCOV play in the 3 years i have been here! Luckily the 1st game outta the way and onto the BC's champs!

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fantab:I thought the worst game for your team was last year at Mundy park when MFF scored 30 secs after you guys (had taken the lead) and were still celebrating....game ended 2-2......remember?

Cheers!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just back into town, and I understand that all three scorers for WV were guys who played for Inter last year, two from the Masters, one from the Premier team.

Regs was Coach at your game? If so, why so quiet Coach?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes of course coach was there. Unlike you apparently, he is 100% committed to the team :D

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M. is correct. His assistant did very well figuring out the lineup in his absence. Besty and Bakes were deserving of the pints afterwards...

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fantab:I thought the worst game for your team was last year at Mundy park when MFF scored 30 secs after you guys (had taken the lead) and were still celebrating....game ended 2-2......remember?

Cheers!

Thanks for the reminder... Yes i would have to say that was the up there as one of the worst games except to say we dominated you guys and we were unlucky not to take all three pts unlike last nite!

Looking forward to playing u boyz scottyshell in the 3rd week! I was marking you guys down as an easy 3 pts... But after you guys tied Sapperton i am not taking you old boyz lightly!

There is a lot of parity in the league this year! Its gonna tight all year. Every win is gonna be huge...

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wickham game Friday night.
Ambleside concert last night.
I've a sudden urge for some reason to go out and buy an Audi.

Ballbaby's right (For once) Wickham will definitely take points from teams this year.
#25 in the midfield was excellent for them, decent back line and some pace up front.

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp 1 - Metro Ford 1
(0-1 15', 1-1 60')

A rather fun battle from the get go - the way you'd expect the 1st game to be. MF came out trying to be aggressive. It was their MO. It was chippy, chirpy, and intense at times. MF turned over their players to keep fresh against 12-man Sapp, but in the end it looked like Sapp had more energy and had the run of the play. Took Sapp a half to get organized and pretty much had the ball in the MF half the 2nd half.

Counter off a Sapp clearance that was one-timed back over our defense created a great goal for MF from a shot 25 yards out. I think it was MF's only shot on goal on the night.
Dave Mori got Sapp's goal with help from a MF OG flick.

Taxman, any thoughts?

Yes - we should have been up 3-1 at the half. We had no MO other than to work hard - and try to handle the cheap shots that came our way. Favs was underutilized for you guys.

Player of the game for MF - Travis Turner
for Sapp - Brad Leitch - with a brilliant header into our net -which came off a clear goal kick which Tackie blew the call on and gave you guys a corner - other than that you guys wouldn't have scored if we played another two hours.

Looking forward to the next one when our guys know each other better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0