Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters] Discussion/Banter/Rumours/Sept/October 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
PCOV new signing's

Vito Misceo
Johnny Pashalidis
Tom Babic
Joe Pinto
Ivor Evans
Mario Jelic

more to come.............:D

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
How good was Sir M last year on predictions? Here is the beginning of the season rankings vs. end of the season, with how many spots teams moved up or down on the right.

So, what will the new rankings bring with all these newcomers to the oldfartsleague?

Attachments

• Beg-end 08.jpg
    Beg-end 08.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 137

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now Freddy, to be accurate here, the rankings as we all know are not predictions, but are a reflection of recent past performance, and if memory serves the rankings you refer to from last year were after two or three weeks of play where teams like DMU and Richmond excelled and teams like yours and Sir Ms sucked coming out of the gate.

Good post/idea though...we could certainly go for a pre-season ranking, and then see how that pans out at the end of this year...I will get staff on it, and of course will welcome input as always...PS for you Columbus guys out there, guys potentially signing for your Premier team really do not count on this Masters thread, but good to know!!

Hose

Apr 10, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
SirM the guys I mentioned are signing for the Masters team not the Premier team but good try.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
So, what will the new rankings bring with all these newcomers to the oldfartsleague?[/QUOTE]

It will bring more meaningless banter about who's better than who...when all this league is really about is gettin' away from the mrs & kids for a few hours a week to be spent with abunch of good lads reliving all the days gone by over a load of cold brewskis......no?:D

Cheers!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scotty, we will have to see I guess...

Actually, we will have to see about the other rather optimistic posts on this thread as well.

But you are right for sure.

Sir M.

Hose

Apr 10, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
It will bring more meaningless banter about who's better than who...when all this league is really about is gettin' away from the mrs & kids for a few hours a week to be spent with abunch of good lads reliving all the days gone by over a load of cold brewskis......no?

Scotty to be honest very surprised from your post. I agree some what, but if there is a Cup to be played for, standings and a money invested in teams.... GAME ON

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Money invested? The only money that gets invested is into the beer cooler......

Hose: Surprised? You don't know me very well then.....I'm just happy to be able to play at my "young" age and to have survived the WPFG (7 games in 6 days on the "old"turf,4 of the 6,at Burnaby Lake) for the most part unijured.

Cheers!

Planks

Oct 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scotty,
It is nice to see that you are no longer in denial and are accepting of the fact that your competitive days are behind you. I too enjoy the beer cooler but most guys don't play for the fun of it. They play because they still have that last inkling of competition in their blood. When I myself lose that I will quit. Listening to you quit like that is quite upsetting. I can get away from the wife and kids anytime as I am sure you can. Don't use soccer as an excuse. Unless of course you have to ask her anytime you do anything.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Planks....you don't know me either....if there was no more competitve spirit in these old bones I'd be playing in the "outlaw" over 40's league...where they don't keep standings. Soccer is not an excuse...it's a lifestyle...so is golfing,fishing...etc....sorry...have to get off the computer now...the wife says so:rolleyes:

Cheers!

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
All:

Please disregard any comments Scotty makes about age and being old - especially since he's almost as old as I am...:D

Hi Scotty:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0