Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div. 1] Predictions, Results & Banter - February / March / April 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

davey_bc

Sep 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Div. 1] Predictions, Results & Banter - February & March 2006

Keeper said:
You hate us because we're beautiful.

Congratulations to Van Olympics. Does this mean your B team will be in 1 CAT? :D

~ Fresh meat.

I guess that means ST-B 9th place and VO-B 10th place will get promoted to Div 1 CAT.:eek: Interesting.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Fantabulous said:
((((( VAncouver OLYMPICS merge as CHAMpions ))) Without a doubt the most deserving team on the A side to get the promotion... WFC had no intentions on going to premier and would of gave their spot to their premier club... I love it... PS--> Naaaa... naaaaa....naaaaaaa.. naaaaaaaaa... hay ! hay ! hay! good-bye..... VAncouver olympics hard work and determination thru the year has paid off... CONGRATULATIONS to DINO the coach!!! BAR non,by far ,THE COACH OF THE YEAR... Also as peoples choice BERNIE dionne should win the MANAGER of the year in his first duties...

That explains why they tanked it last night. They could have humped Wickham if they felt it was necessary. Simple really.

Anyway, congratulations to the Olympics who will have to add about 7 players in order to stay up next year. Well done, boys. Congrats!

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

I heard rumblings that many players have already contacted the coach to come over next year... a few names that were mentioned were bernie (the sniper) dionne (1978 vmsl leading goal scorer, joe (the coach) rocchetta(lead windimere school to a 6-2 record), andy (the diver) vlachos ( apollo's all-time leading assist leader), and many more....

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Since there is no division one CAT thread........

It was great chatting with the Croatians after the game today.......GOOD guys.......:) Thanks for the beers, BJB and company........

Nice to see CD Kid there. The man is a gentleman but I can understand why he doesn't post anymore. :)

Tiocfaidh Ar La

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Wow! I never thought the Rangers would blow it. There is no doubt Olympics will have to add players going into Premier. Especially in my opinon coming from the weaker of the Div. 1 sides.

I guess Rino's may be looking to buy that AFC spot now if it is still up for sale. Should be interesting to see how it plays out.

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Bottom of the "B" side is shaping up to be interesting. Sarajevo put themselves out of relegation with a win over Fiji. Now stands if I'm correct..
#7 Fiji 16pts
#8 Blaze 16 pts
#9 Polonia 15 pts
#10 Binger's 13pts

Binger's is the only team left with games (3) playing Peg twice and Meraloma's once. Should be interesting considering Binger's has everything to play for and Meraloma's and Peg really nothing. Question is whether they will still be bringing all of thier guys out.

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

What would you prefer? 1 team in Div 1 and four CAT teams instead? Get your head out of your ass.

ex- Keeper

You really are a moron that once again has proven to not have a clue.

As long as the league has a CAT system then yes...your relegated club should have 4 CAT teams.

Your issues should be directed to the league. I think it is clear that the CAT system is not working, hopefully the league has the fortitude to change it so that WFC and Westside can coincide in Division 1.

Just got my head out of my ass:rolleyes:
Sandman

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

WFC and Westside can coincide in Div 1. And Div 2, for that matter (I didn't hear you complaining a few years ago when Biminis was demoted and there were 3 Westside & WFC teams in Div 2).

If we shared players and resources and were CATted together, then I would agree. But we're not, so I don't.

filini

Aug 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Congrats to Olympics..
We played well, and stuck to our system. They pushed in the second half but could break us.

Wickham had a in consistent season, but we played the last two games like a top first division team..

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

congats to the van olympics and a belated congrats to Sikh Temple for each getting promoted next year. it is a very hard thing to get out of div 1. good luck to all in the summer and see you next year.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Fantabulous said:
I heard rumblings that many players have already contacted the coach to come over next year...
Big Z is available, if? you play out of Newton, then, have lots of pints, no, lots of pints, like 100, then have a BBQ after every game, then have fluffers at every party.

Big Z is on he trading Block

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Couldn't have happened to a better guy. Congratulations Dino and a very determined Olympics team.

I beleive that is now 5 teams Marc D'Andrea (Goalie) has help promote form Div 1 to Prem in his illustrious career.

Olympics 2006
AC Milan (Columbus) 2002
Norvan 2000?
Deep Cove Royals 1998?
Tempo ???? 1997???

4 or 5, in any event a major accomplishment!

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hands of Stone said:
Big Z is available, if? you play out of Newton, then, have lots of pints, no, lots of pints, like 100, then have a BBQ after every game, then have fluffers at every party.

Big Z is on he trading Block

Trading block...after last season, I think the Rangers just put me on waivers ala Mogilny.

Huge salary though...geegers and beer.
Although, I do keep my kit on after a couple of pints....unlike some other goalies, errr, i mean people.

Bigger Z

PS Dino, and the playa's on Van Olympics.
Congrats. A good bunch of guys that deserved it.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Of course,

Dino doesnt read these posts....

;)

Kaiser

Oct 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Peg 6 - 2 over Bingers. We looked pretty good for about 8 minutes. We were down 2-1 after 15 min. then had a man sent off. One of the young boys then asked me " Can you hear that? I said "What ?" He said " Thats the sound of the wheels falling off?

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dino ROCKS!

HardBallzstillrecoveringfromtheplaza;)

Hard Ballz

NO2

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Interesting scenario playing out at the bottom of 1B. Polonia's win over Fiji puts the pressure back onto Bingers to get 3 points in their two remaining games. If they do, its a 3-way tie for 9th.

I would love to see the Blaze go down, but I think they would be the strongest team in the event of a 3-way tie. Although, they've been done for a while now and I'm almost certain those guys wouldn't be training.

In any event we host a desparate Bingers squad at point grey turf saturday at 6pm. I'm not sure how the turf will suit bingers, but we're 2-0 on turf this year thus far.

A late congrats to the promoted sides. Anyone care to comment on who'd would win (Temple or VanOlys) if they had to play each other today?

No2

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Well done Sikh Temple. Unlucky Hardballz

The Plummer

Apr 1, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

:knvb: yeah but in the end no matter what the score is the team to go up is there to take it home may it be an ugly one or not....cheers to Van Olimpics!!!!((((BEER))):wa: :knvb: :bronco:

The Plummer

Apr 1, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

I hope to see A young squad like Royals stay up in the relegation game against City rangers but it may be a hard task good luck to both sides...but the Royals may have an edge as they have been playing over the last few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts