Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div. 1] Predictions, Results & Banter - February / March / April 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Div. 1] Predictions, Results & Banter - February & March 2006

Keeper said:
Hmm... I wonder how they squared that circle. Because, then if I were the team with the second best goal difference I'd be asking the league why does only one team get out the pre-relegation games? Why not two? Then the league can just go straight to the relegation playoff.

They need to take a serious look at repairing the league constitution.
your correct about that. I believe there is a time issue with fields etc and they want to finish ASAP. With that in mind just make the bottom teams on differentials play instead of having any of these pre-relegation game games.

~Says the guy who plays for the team with better goal differntial but lost the pre-relegation game game. :D

The Plummer

Apr 1, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

better said they pissed on eachother on the B side:knvb: :wa: cause the only team to been able to run with temple was lobbans....

Inspectorrufflingfeathersagain[/quote]

The Plummer

Apr 1, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

but going back to this relagation situation ...its really simple get a 24 pack for peg and maybe bingers will not have to involve themselves in this mess otherwords I don't think peg wants to end their season on a loss.

Blaze rep.1

Dec 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Also, apparently if 3 teams are tied after bingers game, the bottom 2 on goal difference will play in the pre relegation game.

Incorrect. If Binger's loses then a 3 way tie is supposed to be decided by a 3-way playoff. There is however, not enough time for this therefore it boils down to head to head, of which we have a winning record against both teams. (This tie-break is according to the league const. according to Azzi). So needless to say the Blaze are pulling for Peg this weekend.

akal number one

Sep 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

thanks for the compliment on the free kick goal blaze ....was almost impossible for u as ur wall was pretty big too. Id say u were the only one puttin an effort in for ur team...unlucky

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

akal number one said:
as ur wall was pretty big too.

That was the idea. you were supposed to hit it not go over it. :D

bukkakemon

Oct 18, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

we were hoping to play off with 9th in side a, but with binger's win 5-0 win over meralomas on the weekend (i smell bs) we are now unfortunately being relegated. so what team should be playing off? with every team in the relegation race busting their asses and doing anything they can do to stay up, city fc blaze saw fit to not show up on super bowl sunday to play against binger's. of course not in the relegation battle then, but how things have changed. surely a win for the blaze, that game is the only reason that bingers are not in 10th right now. but i bring this up not to debate the relegation standings, but to show that a football game is more important than div1 soccer. i can understand doing this in 2nd div, but a div1 team doing this?? come on. that's bush league. no other team in all of div1, including the lowly alemania, pulled a no show to any of their games, let alone call the league beforehand to say they will not be showing up for their game. for this reason only, i think that fiji and binger's should be staying up, and the blaze should be playing off. of course this won't happen because of my reasoning, so i would love to see the blaze lose their way into div2, because they more than anyone deserve to get demoted. we would love to stay up and it's our own fault we're in this position, but that defaulted game really screwed us, and any other team other than binger's that gets demoted. it would be nice to have the other team that they screw be themselves.

bukkakemon

PLAYBOI

Jul 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

thanks for ur wit mr. LULULEMON

dont let the door hit you

Kaiser

Oct 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hey Bukkakeman, it was our intention to kick the Blaze's #$& that Superbowl weekend for the whoopin they gave us before Christmas. Based on our record after Christmas a win was definately possible.It is too bad any team has to get demoted but someone has to go down and we are going to try and make sure it isn't us this weekend.

NO2

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Meraloma FC 0:5 Binger's Army. I guess the turf suited Binger's pretty well then?

Yes it was the canucks vs the wings.

Bingers had everything to play for we had nothing. We did however come out trying to thump them. Our feeling was that they would be taking it to us for the first 15 minutes or so, and if we could get through that we'd probably walk away with the points.

Unfourtunetly they played hard for 90 mins and we couldn't match their intensity. I think we were more interested in our new track tops that showed up 18 games late and pints after the game.

Bingers played tough, didn't make any errors and will hopefully take points from Peg. I think there are a few teams who would love to see those farmers from Tswaassen(sp) go back to div.2.

No2

NO2

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
from the excellent site:

Bingers 4 - 2 Peg

Big win for Bingers. Puts them into 5th. Bring on the pre-relegation battle.

boogienights

Sep 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
6 months of depression has been lifted. Well done and a deserved win today and as well last week against the merrylamas. The Lamas were actually very intense last week but could not match the skill of a rejuvenated Army squad.

It almost took the whole season for the return of the world traveller J.G. and a few other key players who gave the Army the boost needed to put them into 5th place.

The old and aged guard can now finally take their place on the sidelines. We are in good stead heading into summer defending our league title in the RRSL. The icing on the cake would be seeing those hell bent for leather teats from tsw relegated.

Boogienights

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kaiser said:
Hey Boogie, you're alive." Jack here tells me you have a huge c#&k".
boogienights said:
Easy now, we don't want to get Captain Smallc#&k jealous.
Is this why Bingers wears purple?

~Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Six of One

Jan 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
So with that result, Binger's goes from a 3-way tie for 8th place and a possible pre-relegation game... all the way to 5th place! Well done Binger's Army, winning 2 of their last 3 with the pressure on to close out the season.

Now, Fiji and City FC Blaze battle to see who faces City FC Rangers in the relegation match. When was the Blaze's last match? Their Imperial Cup loss 6 weeks ago? And Fiji played into April en route to winning the Div.1 Cup? Gotta give the game shape edge to Fiji.

If Fiji should beat the Blaze, this will set up a City FC Blaze vs. City FC Rangers relegation match. Is there any affiliation at all between these teams? Are they all buddies from Tsawassen?

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Six of One said:
If Fiji should beat the Blaze, this will set up a City FC Blaze vs. City FC Rangers relegation match. Is there any affiliation at all between these teams? Are they all buddies from Tsawassen?

The Rangers with the exception of 2 of us from Tsawwassen are all from Ladner and the Blaze with the exception of their keeper are all from Tsawwassen. We are not really affliliated with each other except for the fact that both teams started through Ole and got the City FC name that way. We don't share any resources and we share a field because we are both from the South Delta area and that is the one we field we can play on.

As for being buddies, other than myself who can get along and is friends with both teams there is a bit of a rivalry between the two in my opinion. It is defintely more of a feeling of a rivalry from the Ranger side of things than the Blaze side though. Goes back to the Delta - South Delta battle in high school and the general Tsawwassen vs. Ladner vibe in all things.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlazeArmy said:
The Rangers with the exception of 2 of us from Tsawwassen are all from Ladner and the Blaze with the exception of their keeper are all from Tsawwassen. We are not really affliliated with each other except for the fact that both teams started through Ole and got the City FC name that way. We don't share any resources and we share a field because we are both from the South Delta area and that is the one we field we can play on.

As for being buddies, other than myself who can get along and is friends with both teams there is a bit of a rivalry between the two in my opinion. It is defintely more of a feeling of a rivalry from the Ranger side of things than the Blaze side though. Goes back to the Delta - South Delta battle in high school and the general Tsawwassen vs. Ladner vibe in all things.

At the end of the day, it's a Springfield/Shelbyville rivalry. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0