Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div. 1] Predictions, Results & Banter - February / March / April 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some big games this weekened on both sides.

WFC Rangers "A" vs. Cliff Avenue Utd. Big Game for Rangers. Tie or Loss puts the Olympics even closer or on top. Should be a low scoring game.

Lobban's SC Hellas vs. Sikh Temple "A". Temple victory pretty much seals the deal in the "B" side should be a hell of a game. Both teams should come out flying.

Pegasus FC vs. Richmond United "A". Richmond is hanging on by a thread any dropped points will cost them any kind of chance at promotion. Peg have been on fire, so look for a hard fought battle between these two.

Anyone care to make predictions as to the results of these games?

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Div. 1] Predictions, Results & Banter - February 2006

City rangers 1 - Royal 0

Good effort by us today. Got a nice free kick goal mid first half and limited there chances on me. we were winning most of the 50/50 balls until about the last 20 when they turned it on bu they were unable to put one in. big win in the battle to stay out of a relegation game.

maze

Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

nice job on the win today BlazeArmy! You guys should be ok in terms of relegation. Alemania play the Olympics tomorrow and play us (WFC Rangers) next week. So they are in tough!
A win next week will secure your spot. Keep it going!!

WFC Rangers 1 - Cliff Ave 0

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

i am still worried abou finishing 9th and having to play in the relagation game. Royal and shaheen have games in hand so i think we really need to get a result against Serbian white eagles.

Also the The olympics and allemania played on thetop filed at kensington same time as us. Olympics won pretty handily.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Maze,

Who scored in today's game vs. Cliff Ave?

akal number one

Sep 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

congrats to city on the win..but i gotta say the weather played the biggest factor . They played a mucky kick and run soccer game and the weather complemented it. The only goal of the game was scored by the wind , as it carried the ball, off a 35 yard out free kick into the corner. After that it got even worse as we weren't able to make the decisive pass , and they kept shankin the ball out of play. Their were probably 100 throw ins which reflected the chopiness of this game. We hit a post , missed a couple breaks and didnt test the goalie at all. All in all , it was one of the ugliest games ive been part of, and Id say the result could have been different had it not been played in a hurricane...also the ref was attrocious.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

akal number one said:
congrats to city on the win..but i gotta say the weather played the biggest factor . They played a mucky kick and run soccer game and the weather complemented it. The only goal of the game was scored by the wind , as it carried the ball, off a 35 yard out free kick into the corner. After that it got even worse as we weren't able to make the decisive pass , and they kept shankin the ball out of play. Their were probably 100 throw ins which reflected the chopiness of this game. We hit a post , missed a couple breaks and didnt test the goalie at all. All in all , it was one of the ugliest games ive been part of, and Id say the result could have been different had it not been played in a hurricane...also the ref was attrocious.

don't blame the weather it was the same for both teams. you guys basicly had one shot on a 380 lb keeper and it wasn't very tough to stop. what breaks did you miss, as far as i could tell you had one abd the shot was blocked. as for the ref being atrocious if you guys didn't dive and whine after every call it probably would have been dfiferent.

akal number one

Sep 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

It was kinda hard for us to play a passin style in that weather, and Im pretty sure kick and run ,hit everything that moves is alot easier in those conditions. And besides ur free kick I dont think u guys had a shot on net either .....we had shots but "failed to test the keeper"

akal number one

Sep 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

As for us whining , you guys sent 2 of ours players to the hospital, one with a torn acl .....and you didnt even show the class to kick the ball out wen he was down.

Sinexo

Feb 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Welcome to vancouver, been playin in that weather for years. Of course 10 degrees and overcast with a 1 km wind from the north with your mom makin hot coco on the side would have made for a better game. Just means the score would have been a little higher, unfortunatly, still in the Rangers favour. Thanks for the game.

Sorry to hear about the ACL but thats just the way the game goes. I saw that tackle, it had nothing to do with our guys, it was an obvious blemish by your guy.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

BlazeArmy said:
one shot on a 380 lb keeper.

Is that what it says in the program? Come on Rayal, you should be shooting from anywhere and everywhere.

Well done Blaze, a shut-out is a shut-out.

Are the Rogers brothers playing for you still?

hos

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Cheers HOS,

No, the Rogers play with the Blaze.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

RUFC 2 - 0 Peg

Huge weekend of results that really bring the league title into contention now........

Today's game was an evenly played one that came down to which team would capitalize on its chance to win and as it turned out it was us........ Nill nill at half when midway through the second we scored on a long kick that Peg made a meal of and young youth call up Graham pounced on and scored what turned out to be the winner.. Ginger Tours finished things off late with a well taken free kick just outside the box that looked a lot like last weeks goal.......

Surprised not to hear anything from the dope smokin Lobbans on there big win:D From what I have heard they were full marks for the win and really it wasn't as close as the score line shows........

It sure is gonna be interesting going down the stretch.

John

Grimm

Oct 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yes, the Lobbans were full marks for the win. They probably should have been up a goal or 2 going into the half if it weren’t for the heroics of the Temple keeper. 2nd half was much better for Temple but they failed to create many clear chances in the Lobbans final 1/3. Difference in the game was the Lobban’s played like it was do or die (which it was for them) while the Temple youngsters seemed overconfident and unwilling to put in the hard work. Temple will be much better next time.

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

BlazeArmy said:
i am still worried abou finishing 9th and having to play in the relagation game. Royal and shaheen have games in hand so i think we really need to get a result against Serbian white eagles.

Also the The olympics and allemania played on thetop filed at kensington same time as us. Olympics won pretty handily.

We are worried about finishing fourth too.We wanna finish 3rd.So i think we will have a game to make out of it!!:eek:

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

You know what should be taken the piss of???
other than cgnorski futballers assinine posts.......it's this shite website!
In 2 years it's gone from an informative, interesting chuckle to an also ran, blowhard muckfest.
Good riddance to this site and all y'all.
Peace I'm outta here
(blame Keeper...ever since he got married....)

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

You sound like Smally's emails regarding Tuesday night training.

Thanks for your contributions. Will Stranger still be with us? We don't want to lose two heavy weights in one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0