Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div. 1] Predictions, Results & Banter - February / March / April 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blaze and Fiji duel it out next Wednesday at Charles Best. Considering that it's just a few minutes away from home, I may be posting some pictures of it.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why would they have the game at Charles Best??? Why not Burnaby Lake or something closer?? I'm sure many of the turf fields are available on a wednesday night.

hardballztwobits:rolleyes:

Hard Ballz

davey_bc

Sep 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
hard ballz said:
Why would they have the game at Charles Best??? Why not Burnaby Lake or something closer?? I'm sure many of the turf fields are available on a wednesday night.

hardballztwobits:rolleyes:

Hard Ballz

It's simpily the vmsl's punishment for getting into the relegation. Hell, I say relegate position 5 and on for not even getting to 20 points.:D

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rumour has it....

(((ALERT)))... From a very good source.... on Reno's West side soccer team... REporting that they are gonna be approaching the Vancouver Olympic soccer team who recently got promoted to PREmier... !!! Anybody have any ideas what they are gonna want or what they are gonna offer... Has anyone heard of this or... Curious.... Tick tock tick tock.... Hmmmm... things the make u go hmmm... I wonder if Reno is up to something... I got wind of this while playing drop in soccer at killareny school from a brother of a player who playz for reno's premier team.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: The coach of the Olympics :wa: and reno :confused: !!!!

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fiji 2-4 City Blaze.....well played game by both sides on a field that looked pretty bad ( Charles Best Turf ). No excuses....we were brutal at our marking....especially in the big guy Jolly. He's a monster in the air and capitalized with two key goals. If i'm correct there are the 3 brother's ( Roger's ) and they really played well. One in the back ( sweeper ), one in the center of the mark and one up front....all 3 played very well. All in all, the Blaze finished their chances and we didn't. We had alot of defensive lapses on the marking part of it and props to both keeper's who had a strong game.....Congrats to Blaze for staying up with a 4-2 victory and for us we are on to City on the other side.......go Fiji go!

Hard Ballz

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
City FC 2-3 Fiji (aet)

The game never lived up to its billing:rolleyes: , but got very interesting in the dying minutes of regulation. With Fiji up 2 nil and only about 20 min left, City scored on a much deserved goal. Then, with only 5 min to go, City with the equalizer after a nice move in the box. With very little time left in regulation, City's keeper gets a red after reacting angrily to a Fiji player who went studs in on him. That red proved to be the decisive factor, as the replacement keeper was as bad as I've ever seen. Fiji's 3rd, and winning, goal came in the first half of OT, when the City's backup keeper was caught so far in no-mans land, that he got beat from a looping header from an impossible angle:rolleyes: Near the very end of the match, City hit the crossbar with a nice dipping effort. Unlucky to City FC as they put in a strong effort.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
IB pretty much summed up the game the way it should be. I don't think we put out our best effort yesterday. I thought we played well in spurts and nothing consistent. That's not the way we wanted to play the last game of the season especially when it's a relegation match but nonetheless we got win. Many of our guys thought the game was at 2 but it was at 12 so they rushed to the game. There was a jersey conflict and that gave us some time to get our guys there. We only had 7 guys 15 minutes before the game...wow! I think City played very well and kept coming at us even when they were a guy down. The keeper had a second yellow which tossed him out of the game. Other than that unlucky to see City go down but we're just happy to get it over with and stay up for a team should have finished top 5 when everyone's out. On to the summer...

Hard Ballz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0