Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div. 1] Predictions, Results & Banter - February / March / April 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Div. 1] Predictions, Results & Banter - February & March 2006

It's not the relegation match but the game to see who falls into the relegation match. Any idea when this game will take place?

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

I see that I am retarded and that the game takes place tomorrow. Never thought I would say this, but come on the Huns.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

One Dart said:
It's not the relegation match but the game to see who falls into the relegation match. Any idea when this game will take place?

We like to think of it as the shitty-finals. The loser plays in the shitampionship. Will be tough for us as we haven't played in forever.

:D

Side B has gotten real interesting with Bingers win yesterday. 3 teams tied for the 9th spot with Binger's having a chance to get out of the spot with a point in their final game against PEg. I'm sure the league is hoping for them to get a point out of that game as there has to be some sort of playoff if teams are tied and relegation or promotion is at stake. I was talking to the Blaze yesterday and they haven't seen the field since their last game. Looks like it will be a few weeks b efore the actual relegation game can take place.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

BlazeArmy said:
I'm sure the league is hoping for them to get a point out of that game as there has to be some sort of playoff if teams are tied and relegation or promotion is at stake.
If there's a 3-way tie, I say the league should rent out 8-Rinks Indoor Soccer, have all three games back-to-back-to-back while the TTP crew hangs out in the bar upstairs. Would make for a great evening really. The VMSL could sell tickets and make a truck-load.

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

The way Bingers are playing at the moment, I think they'll grab a, much needed, point to finish 7th, and relieve the VMSL of a massive headache. I've no idea what they'll propose should 3 teams be tied for 9th. What's even harder to figure out is how did a team like Fiji end up in the relegation fight. Just goes to show the difference between 1A and 1B.
I like the prospect of the teams that'll be switching sides next year. Anyone know if it's 3rd 4th 5th & 6th or just 3rd 4th &
5th? Which ever way, it'll be nice to get rid of Richmond and Peg. Either of them 2 teams would've pissed on the A-side.

Inspectorrufflingfeathersagain

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

IB,

In t he past its always been 3,4,5.......unless the alignment changes over the summer, I dont see it being any different.

Sandman

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sandman said:
IB,

In t he past its always been 3,4,5.......unless the alignment changes over the summer, I dont see it being any different.

Sandman

Cheers S.
3rd 4th and 5th would be the best scenerio for us in side B. I'd not want to lose our 6th place Meraloma's for the A sides
6th place Club Ireland. Unless of course rumours are true that a certain Club I player (their best IMO) is considering joining Olympics, which would seiously weaken Club I. Also because Loma's have too nice of a club house(the nicest IMO).

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Inspector Blake said:
The way Bingers are playing at the moment, I think they'll grab a, much needed, point to finish 7th, and relieve the VMSL of a massive headache. I've no idea what they'll propose should 3 teams be tied for 9th. What's even harder to figure out is how did a team like Fiji end up in the relegation fight. Just goes to show the difference between 1A and 1B.
I like the prospect of the teams that'll be switching sides next year. Anyone know if it's 3rd 4th 5th & 6th or just 3rd 4th &
5th? Which ever way, it'll be nice to get rid of Richmond and Peg. Either of them 2 teams would've pissed on the A-side.

Inspectorrufflingfeathersagain

Yah, whatever. :) Both sides were not as strong in previous years............

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

alikira said:
Yah, whatever. :) Both sides were not as strong in previous years............

Agreed.
This has everything to do with the prem being so watered down these days. When/if it gets back to 10 teams one day, it'll be far more competitive, as will div 1 etc, etc... I'd rather sit at my local on a sunny afternoon, than watch the likes of Burnaby, Westside, or Norvan.
Div 1 these past few years is alot like the SPL - only a handful of games each year where you really have to get up for. The 1B side this year was a little better than in the past. There were 4 teams that could've won it. I see the A side of div 1 being the harder of the 2 sides next year. With WS Rangers, Richmond, Pegasus, Sarajevo, and Club I all in the same division.
Whoever gets Burnaby or Westside Rino A shouldn't make too much difference. Just the facts.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Inspector Blake said:
Agreed.
This has everything to do with the prem being so watered down these days. When/if it gets back to 10 teams one day, it'll be far more competitive, as will div 1 etc, etc... I'd rather sit at my local on a sunny afternoon, than watch the likes of Burnaby, Westside, or Norvan.
Div 1 these past few years is alot like the SPL - only a handful of games each year where you really have to get up for. The 1B side this year was a little better than in the past. There were 4 teams that could've won it. I see the A side of div 1 being the harder of the 2 sides next year. With WS Rangers, Richmond, Pegasus, Sarajevo, and Club I all in the same division.
Whoever gets Burnaby or Westside Rino A shouldn't make too much difference. Just the facts.

Agreed. :D :)

Six of One

Jan 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

NO2 said:
Interesting scenario playing out at the bottom of 1B. Polonia's win over Fiji puts the pressure back onto Bingers to get 3 points in their two remaining games. If they do, its a 3-way tie for 9th.

In any event we host a desparate Bingers squad at point grey turf saturday at 6pm. I'm not sure how the turf will suit bingers, but we're 2-0 on turf this year thus far.

Meraloma FC 0:5 Binger's Army

I guess the turf suited Binger's pretty well then? :D

akal number one

Sep 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

royals 3 city fc 1

great day for soccer, unlike our previous 2 games against these guys in the pouring rain. we had 9 guys show up and luckily had my brother, whos never played organized soccer be4 and is only 16, and our injured back up goalie to fill in as our 10th and 11th men. we scored a couple nice goals which their goalie didnt have much of a chance against. Despite their constant effort to generate offence, our defence kept them at bay and overall it was an alright game...good luck to the city boys in the relegation game..good bunch of guys

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

We were shite. If we play like that again we shoukld skip the second division altogether and they should relegate us direct to the 3rd. :rolleyes:

Royal played well and scored some nice goals. Their first free kick goal was really well taken (Bastards! :D) and i had zero chance of stopping it. I made a couple of nice saves to keep the deficit to one but we couldn't turn the ball over anymore in midfield if we tried. I think we managaed to string 3 passes together twice in the first half it seemed.

1-0 at half, playing awful but only one so if we can turn it around we got a chance.

We start the second off a little better but still have trouble stringing passes together and are left with the long hump upfield to try and get something going. they score their second on a breakdown their right side and the third not long after after their forward beats about 35 guys going down the left hand side and finds me totally out of position as i have been drifting over to the side of the net as he beats guy after guy.

We score with about 25 left and gthat injects a little life into our ganme. We miss an open header with 10 minutes left that woul have made things interesting.

Not a good day for us, although i did win a trip to Fiji in a raffle on Friday night so my weekend wasn't a complete loss. :D

Well done Royal and good luck next year. Hopefulyl we can win our last and play you guys again.

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

BlazeArmy said:
Not a good day for us, although i did win a trip to Fiji in a raffle on Friday night so my weekend wasn't a complete loss. :D

Hope u take that trip post summer league....love seeing you around for a WFC Rangers pounding.

I have to shite talk about summer league now that we proved nothing during the winter.....

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Cheers Notcher.

Trip will definitely be taken next winter or more importantly, their summer. Hopefully there is no 2 goals late for westside every game this summer like last year.

Also, apparently if 3 teams are tied after bingers game, the bottom 2 on goal difference will play in the pre relegation game. We will then see the loser of said game.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

BlazeArmy said:
Also, apparently if 3 teams are tied after bingers game, the bottom 2 on goal difference will play in the pre relegation game. We will then see the loser of said game.
:eek:

So, you're saying that of the three tied teams (if indeed there are three) the team with top goal-differential escapes any pre-relegation games? Who told you this? Where did you find this out? (I don't doubt your statement -- but I'm just curious if it was arbitrarily decided by a league official or was it interpreted somehow through the league constitution)

That would leave Bingers as the determing factor: they win or tie and the pre-relegation is between Fiji (-8) & Blaze. Bingers lose and the pre-relegation game is between Bingers (-22) & Blaze.(-22). Very interesting.....

PLAYBOI

Jul 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

if bingers lose, it would be fiji vs bingers...NOT blaze vs bingers

head to head goal diff. between the teams in question

GO PEG

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

PLAYBOI said:
head to head goal diff. between the teams in question
As I asked before: says who?

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

ruben, at least that what i heard yesterday.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hmm... I wonder how they squared that circle. Because, then if I were the team with the second best goal difference I'd be asking the league why does only one team get out the pre-relegation games? Why not two? Then the league can just go straight to the relegation playoff.

They need to take a serious look at repairing the league constitution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0