Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div. 1] Predictions, Results & Banter - February / March / April 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Div. 1] Predictions, Results & Banter - February & March 2006

Freestyler said:
Rumour has it that Rino's will take Rangers spot. Many of the Rangers players are getting a little older and would rather play in Div. 1 where they will actaully get time vs. sitting on the bench in premier as there is no doubt that they would have to add players, all teams going from div.1 to premier do.

We'd hold our own without adding player. Competitors do that...but the issue is no one wants to put in the work (training...except thursday nights and thats because of the post session cuties at Nevermind) All that being said we still have to win friday night.............

Six of One

Jan 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Let's look at relegation for a second.

In 1A, Alemania is relegated, but the 2nd last team will likely have to be decided in a playoff between City FC Rangers A (who haven't played in a while) and Royal United, assuming Olympics beat Royal this weekend. That would leave the loser of a City Rangers vs. Royal playoff to play the 2nd last team in 1B.

Over in 1B, we have an incredible scenario. Let's assume Polonia beats Fiji and Lobban's beats Sarajevo this weekend. These are realistic assumptions. Polonia would jump to 15 points. Fiji and Sarajevo would finish with 16 points. Now let's assume Binger's wins one of its last 3 (2 vs. Peg, 1 vs. Meralomas). This would result in Polonia being relegated and an unbelievable 4-way tie between Fiji, Sarajevo, City FC Blaze, and Binger's army - all tied for 2nd last with 16 points! And after whatever playdowns result, the loser would still have to play the team from 1A.

Ok, so this is probably unlikely. Fiji & Sarajevo can remove themselves from this mess with a result this weekend. Binger's has 3 games to decide its own fate and they do play the Meralomas. ;) So I guess we'll see starting this weekend.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I give Bingers an 80% chance of beating the Lomas.

4-way tie for second last? They should just make a summer league out of it. It kills me that the Meralomas would be just 1pt shy of making it a 5-way.

SixofOne, you must've spent hours coming up with all the various permutations. :eek:

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Six of One said:
Let's look at relegation for a second.

In City FC Rangers A (who haven't played in a while)

it seems like forever since we played last. I blame Club i for the tie on the A side. Shaheen goes down to 10 men early second half and the score is 0-0 and they get shitkicked by a team that is a down a man. Fcuking killed me. Too bad we pissed a few points away early and didn't get things figured out until almost Christmas. I'd blame the coach but i can't take criticism that well. :rolleyes: :D

Hi sidewinder, i'll back the richmond/delta alignment for div 2 next week at summer meeting. The Blaze are in 2 if they have 2 teams this year.

A 4 way tie would be ridiculous. everyone would have to play each other you would think to make it fair but i would think they will just pair into "SHittyfinals" with the losers playing in the Shitampionship relegation game versus the 9th place team from side A.

To be honest this would seem to be a good time to split Div 1 up into 2 divisions with realisticaly 10 teams behind the rest in terms of performance this year. i know another thread but whatever.

Sidewinder

Feb 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Blaze;

Maybe we had an ulterior motive. Maybe we wanted to stay in 6'th place so that we could have 2 local derbies against the Idiots next season.

Then Wickham blew it for us!

See you at the Sundance on tuesday.

Sidewinder

hoffa123

Apr 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Well i must say as usual the good old Meraloma's are not given any respect...However with our record it easy to see why..It must be pointed out however with a new lineup i do belive it has improved our game over the last quarter of the season.. (yes it took that long) Were we favorites to beat Richmond or Fiji no and well the scoreboard says differently. Once again we found a way not to end the season in Div 2..With one game left we are not the ones who have to worry about fighting for that last spot in Div 1 good luck guys......

:D

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Planets aligned and now the Olympics are on cloud nine....

Wickham FC A 1:0 WFC Rangers A

Westside showed up disinterested and asleep in the first and gifted Wickham a poorly defended goal. Despite the poor 1st half performance, Wickham had little else to show.

The 2nd half could not have been more different. It was complete and utter domination from start to finish. In fact, it's not often seen that a team can man-handle a team so completely. But despite all best efforts, the goal just - would - not - come.

The ball's in the Olympics' court now. But only a win v. Shaheen will do it.

NB: Not an excuse -- just FYI -- the reffing was beyond atrocious.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Wow, talk about adding excitment right down to the final game of the year.I honestly can't say that I expected WFC to choke any points away but I was sure hoping they would.Well the Ranger was in Turkey celebrating the league title to early, the Olympics had sent one of their vetern players to Miami to align the stars.Trust me I know the Olympics aren't going into this game cocky or overconfident they are just happy to have a chance in controling their destiny! Should be a big turnout for today's game Hey Ranger think of the positive's you will have all of the next year to have a good season!
[/Horrible ending to a bad season; I never felt that we played very well in any game this year,QUOTE]

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

I dont normally follow this Division, but I have seen Wickham play once or twice over the past year or two, and I did take in the Rangers vs Shaheen match last weekend, and I immediately took a liking tothe WFC side, kind of a Brokeback Mountain thing:p . I liked them because they are old, actually, and don't play the track-meet football you so often see these days.

Anyway, they lost to Wickham:confused: sounds like our game last week! So if the "Olympics" win today is that it? Once again I do not follow this div so someone let me know, it seems interesting all of a sudden!

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sir M,

You've basically got it. Westside needed a win last night to wrap up the division. That said, now they've left open the door to the Olympics (2pts back) to snatch it away with win this afternoon.

4:46pm and no word yet. I guess that means they're celebrating....

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! OLympics offically win the division and off to premier.....!!! 1-0... i am just gonna go back in the months leading to this day and have alook at all keepers comments... lol... Sometimes things just seem to bite u in the ass... I have to say that WFC had a great season but sometimes ur luck runs out.. Great season for both teams.....

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

March 24th, 2006 Black Friday for Westside soccer.

It really is unfortunate. Love'em or hate'em - The league is better having that organization playing in the Premier Division. It wasn't very long ago they were a perenial force. If the relegated Premier team sticks together they should move back up. After all, they are a pretty young team.

Now what? Two Westside teams in Div 1? Should never be allowed to happen. I dont buy the WFC vs. Westside technicality. Everyone knows they are the same club.

Sandman

PS: Congratulations to Olympics and Sikh Temple

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

You hate us because we're beautiful.

Congratulations to Van Olympics. Does this mean your B team will be in 1 CAT? :D

~ Fresh meat.

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

((((( VAncouver OLYMPICS merge as CHAMpions ))) Without a doubt the most deserving team on the A side to get the promotion... WFC had no intentions on going to premier and would of gave their spot to their premier club... I love it... PS--> Naaaa... naaaaa....naaaaaaa.. naaaaaaaaa... hay ! hay ! hay! good-bye..... VAncouver olympics hard work and determination thru the year has paid off... CONGRATULATIONS to DINO the coach!!! BAR non,by far ,THE COACH OF THE YEAR... Also as peoples choice BERNIE dionne should win the MANAGER of the year in his first duties...

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sandman said:
Now what? Two Westside teams in Div 1? Should never be allowed to happen. I dont buy the WFC vs. Westside technicality. Everyone knows they are the same club.
Why don't you buy it? Not a single player is shared, no monies are shared or exchanged, and when we play each other we battle tooth and nail. Hell, Westside Rino players barely ever attend any Westside functions at all.

What would you prefer? 1 team in Div 1 and four CAT teams instead? :rolleyes: Get your head out of your ass.

As for Westside in Premier: true. This is the end of an era. However, I'm sure a new era will begin in a little over a year from now. Personally, I think the A-boys began their downhill slide ever since Mr. Heald (senior) left the team.

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

We actually have been cheering on the westside premier boyz all year... ! Aren t the premier boyz still fighting for relegation or has it been decieded... they are 3 pts outta the bottom and one game to play? no...? IF they win and indo loses, i think they should be tied... thats if... ALso keeper is right... REno westside has been around for a long time and a very respectable club.. They need to have a team in premier without a doubt.. hopefully this year and if not than they will be up in the next few years...

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Rino's A tied Norvan 0:0 last night. It's over -- they're in first div next year.

Many stories are ending this weekend.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Reliable sources indicate VANOC has fined the OLYMPICS for unfair usage, thus they have sold their spot to Pegasus B.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

congrats to the olympics for winning, but I hope the score didn't dictate the game. basically sqeaked by a good div. 2 squad to get promo'd to premier. scary.

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

The olympics were missing many players today due to injuries, etc... But still won which was the main thing!! Sometimes their is sooo much pressure that u don t play ur best... but good teams always find a way to win (most of the time)..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0