Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[MWSL Division 1] Predictions, Results & Banter - Oct '05

Status
Not open for further replies.

rusty210210

Oct 7, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey striker14, too bad you guys played at 2pm. We (my team I mean) were on Memorial before you and saw the whole thing. Cops, fire trucks, full blown melee. League is investigating, and we have been contacted to present what we saw (given we were behind the net as it was occuring, at least 12 of my players saw good portions). Ugly incident. It was one of the Shamrocks younger players, against what I was told was one of the Fury's older players. Quite the site.

Anyhow, the one Fury player went off to hospital. We started our game, so not sure where the Shamrock girl went. Huge mouse on her eye. Heard the Fury player was worse.

Just another sunday....

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
rusty210210 said:
Hey striker14, too bad you guys played at 2pm. We (my team I mean) were on Memorial before you and saw the whole thing. Cops, fire trucks, full blown melee. League is investigating, and we have been contacted to present what we saw (given we were behind the net as it was occuring, at least 12 of my players saw good portions). Ugly incident. It was one of the Shamrocks younger players, against what I was told was one of the Fury's older players. Quite the site.

Anyhow, the one Fury player went off to hospital. We started our game, so not sure where the Shamrock girl went. Huge mouse on her eye. Heard the Fury player was worse.

Just another sunday....

One Dart,

We'll be having a few training sessions at the Richmond Boxing Club over the next couple of weeks. :D Overall, it sounds like a disgraceful scene. I hope the league punishes the players harshly. There is no room for that in any league, men or women....... :mad:

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds like a good idea Captain, Bruce needs to get taken down a couple pegs. On the plus side, you might learn a few pointers for the staff room when we get back to work. :) shite like that deserves a lifetime ban, absolutely no place for that in a law abiding society. :)

I think I forgot this one....

Dinnerbuffet CSC

Hail Hail

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, it sounds like I missed a doozie!!
I am glad I wasn't there though...I was already present during a Shamrock FCUK ME OVER game, where I was involved in the melee, and it wasn't pretty...I got a 10 gamer and fortunate for me, learned my lesson...sorry I can't say the same for the Rover's organization!

I think the Coaching has to be put under the microscope with them as well as there is no room for it, I agree...I can't be a hypocrit, but like I said, I've learned my lesson!

It'll be interesting to see what comes of it, that's for sure

striker14

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Striker, I'll back you up sista ;)

PHP:
I got a 10 gamer and fortunate for me, learned my lesson...

Spazz,
I heard something about you still owing $$$ for two tickets for last year's Club I pasta/salad/beer fundraiser (August 2004). Is this true? :confused:

+thecollectorSC :mad:

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SC,

Is my PM full or ya feel like putting me under the spotlight?

As far as I know I had paid as it's not like me to go to a fundraiser for my own team (at the time) and not pay :rolleyes: .... I remember not paying that night but I had thought I paid afterwards to someone collecting..... and no doubt I would assume so since it was what...? 14 months ago now? :confused: You'd think someone would have asked/reminded me before I left the team, handed in my uniform, or even shortly after that.....?

Let me check my checkbook.... :rolleyes: How the hell would I know now?

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz said:
SC,

Is my PM full or ya feel like putting me under the spotlight?

As far as I know I had paid as it's not like me to go to a fundraiser for my own team (at the time) and not pay :rolleyes: .... I remember not paying that night but I had thought I paid afterwards to someone collecting..... and no doubt I would assume so since it was what...? 14 months ago now? :confused: You'd think someone would have asked/reminded me before I left the team, handed in my uniform, or even shortly after that.....?

Let me check my checkbook.... :rolleyes: How the hell would I know now?

While you're at it, can you make sure that I get that beer bought for me that I spotted ya back in 1994...come on...don't tell me you can't remember that far back Spazz!!! :rolleyes:

striker14

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conductor said:
Spazz hopefully for your sake you did, cause I heard that there interest rates our worse than returning a late book back to the library!!

LOVE IT!!! :p

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
This coming from a Fury player who wasn't there , but heard about it afterwards...

Supposedly the game was very chippy, with the Rovers getting 3 yellows, and with just 6 or so minutes left in the game, with one of our players just coming on the play defense, one of their ‘monster’ forwards ( she was HUGE they say) was coming down the wing with the ball and our player Carm, checked her and she didn’t like that so she slide checked her, causing the ref to give our team a free kick close to our 18. So Carm takes the kick, and she said the next second later, she got rocked in the face by this girl, she totally sucker-punched her, she was in shock, then she punched her back and then all hell broke loose. The coach for the Rovers was practically running away because one of our players called the cops, he was a total asshole. Anyways, Carm ended up in emergency and had to get 5 stitches under her eye, her cheek bone was showing through the gash. I am so disgusted with this player, and I know what happened with you guys a few years ago. We are going to do everything we can to get this girl kicked out of the league. We are all there, doesn’t matter what division, to play soccer, have fun and hopefully in the end, win a few, but for someone to do this to anyone, not just our player, is totally unthinkable.

Anyways, that’s the story. Too bad you guys weren’t the team that was playing after us, you would have seen everything.

YIKES!!

striker14

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
striker14 said:
While you're at it, can you make sure that I get that beer bought for me that I spotted ya back in 1994...come on...don't tell me you can't remember that far back Spazz!!! :rolleyes:
striker14

Striker - you go through beer like a 30 year old that's found the beer fountain of youth.... so I'm sure I replaced that beer and many more since then.... NOT THAT IT'S WORKING FOR YOU! :D

Go scroung beer from some other sucker! :rolleyes:

Six of One

Jan 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just hope the league is fair with the discipline action since a player from their club is on the Disciplinary Committee!

I was looking on the MWSL website, and I see that the contact listed for the Shamrock Rovers is actually ON THE MWSL BOARD?!! :eek:

Yikes.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Six of One said:
I was looking on the MWSL website, and I see that the contact listed for the Shamrock Rovers is actually ON THE MWSL BOARD?!! :eek:

Yikes.

Better yet...on the Disciplinary Committee!!! :eek:

striker14

Spunkie

Sep 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, looking at Score sheet- makes me wonder what's up with Delta.. i thought they were going to be the team to beat in the begining of the season, and they seem to be going down hill? When we played you guys, it was just as though you didn't have any subs, cause it was a very well played game...by both teams, we just happened to get the notch in that one... As for the fight on the weekend,,, i am totally with Striker14, we all are hear to play a little footie, there is no need for what happened-
:wa: Spunkie

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spunkie said:
As for the fight on the weekend,,, i am totally with Striker14, we all are hear to play a little footie, there is no need for what happened-
:wa: Spunkie

As mentioned, I am definately not the poster child for clean footy :( but I am working on it!!
I prefer the verbal tango with opposing teams...much more fun, and rarely does it require stitches.

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
striker14 said:
As mentioned, I am definately not the poster child for clean footy :( but I am working on it!!
:rolleyes::rolleyes:...........You're leaving the door open Striker!:D Ever think of taking a bath??? If your feet are that unclean..........

CHAB

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can'tHeadABall said:
:rolleyes::rolleyes:...........You're leaving the door open Striker!:D Ever think of taking a bath??? If your feet are that unclean..........
CHAB

Can you hear me slappin' my knee on that one? :rolleyes: ;)
You're killin' me CHAB!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts