Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[MWSL Division 1] Predictions, Results & Banter - Oct '05

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big brawl today in the game between Vancouver Fury and North Shore Shamrocks. Cops called, ambulance called.

I thought these things only happened in mens soccer.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz said:
And we just lost a good forward to pregnancy :( ..... (but Congrats to her! :) )
Any chance you play for the GEU Tigers in Div 2 FVSL? I thought one or two of them looked pregnant?

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sliver said:
Big brawl today in the game between Vancouver Fury and North Shore Shamrocks. Cops called, ambulance called.

I thought these things only happened in mens soccer.
Was this the game at S.W Memorial??? Do you mean the Shamrock Rovers and the Fury??? Conductor, any truth to that?? You guys looked like a friendly game with 20 minutes left. Sliver, you got the right teams?? It was 3-2 for the Rovers when I left to dry off.

On another note, Richmond Stingrays squeek out yet another win 1-0 over Delta with minutes to play. I'm am told that a bunch of players came late for Delta wearing different gear?? then suited up?? Never can rely on 2nd hand info but it was another win for the Stingrays.

CHAB

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes. Ended 4-3 Rovers. Rover player fouled Fury player in injury time. The Fury player took the free kick. After the kick, the Rover player went immediately at the Fury player with fists flying. Brutal.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can'tHeadABall said:
Was this the game at S.W Memorial??? Do you mean the Shamrock Rovers and the Fury??? Conductor, any truth to that?? You guys looked like a friendly game with 20 minutes left. Sliver, you got the right teams?? It was 3-2 for the Rovers when I left to dry off.

On another note, Richmond Stingrays squeek out yet another win 1-0 over Delta with minutes to play. I'm am told that a bunch of players came late for Delta wearing different gear?? then suited up?? Never can rely on 2nd hand info but it was another win for the Stingrays.

CHAB

I would hate to say it, CHAB, but the Stingrays are the team to beat this year. I would be very surprised if they didn't win the league. I hope Delta United is struggling a bit next week for numbers when we play them. :(

Hail Hail

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sliver said:
Yes. Ended 4-3 Rovers. Rover player fouled Fury player in injury time. The Fury player took the free kick. After the kick, the Rover player went immediately at the Fury player with fists flying. Brutal.

CRAZY!! Had something else happened before this last foul in injury time, or did the Rover player just lose her nut and wail on the Fury player? I've only ever seen 2 games where it ended up in fist fights, and it got pretty ugly each time. I hope everyone was not injured in the mele and the ambulance was just a precaution :( .

Munchkin

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
girth said:
Any chance you play for the GEU Tigers in Div 2 FVSL? I thought one or two of them looked pregnant?

hmmm...maybe you missed it while reading all the witty banter, but this would be the Div. 1 thread you're posting in :rolleyes: .

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
munchkin said:
hmmm...maybe you missed it while reading all the witty banter, but this would be the Div. 1 thread you're posting in :rolleyes: .
GEU Tigers are a mens team Munchkin and they all have a little extra weight on them thus my post about being pregnant. :rolleyes:

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for clearing that up Girth, I also was confused. :rolleyes:

As for the club I - shooters game, I thought the ref was fantastic. She didn't do that bad a job either. :wa:

Spunkie

Sep 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
north Van 0-Kerrisdale 2

First half was alright, good strings on passes etc. SOO many chances in scoring but, we were just a little off the ball. Lets play the blame game and call it on the rain! The score should of been way higher i think but hey, what can ya do. Second half was draggin a bit, i think we all just wanted to get into warm showers is all,, at least i did! But for them having 10 players i think they played well,Cheers gang

:wa: Spunkie

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, One Dart. :D

Conductor,

Let's have a little bit of run down. :D BTW, this is about the 3rd 'fight' that the Rovers have been in over the last few years????Perhaps I'm wrong but that is very strange.......

Hail Hail

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fight night!! Wow I'm still in shock.I left the game with about 6 minutes to go and the game tied 3-3.At work I must have recieved about 15 calls about the fight.Rovers are a joke of a team.In the first half one of our players is playing well, eating up the right side of the field when a Rover comes in cleats up and takes her out.we get the call ,she gets a yellow.At this point with the rain happening and slide tackles a big part of some players games I'm willing to give the benefit of doubt that it wasn't intentional.Then she goes back to her teammate and gives a high five down low.While the girl on our team is in pain on the field.That is a true sign of no class.Don't get me wrong I'm all for the physical stuff that happens in a game but to be cheap and dirty and then go congratulate your team mates about it is a joke!!No one gets paid to play and most people need to go to work on mondays.The ref let the game get out of control with all the cleats up slide tackles that he would let play on for advantage.Corerct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the ref have the ability to go talk to a player later on after the play is dead?I missed the fight,but Sliver is right
Rover player went immediately at the Fury player with fists flying. Brutal.
The player came in from behind and gave 2 sucker punches.The Fury girl not realizing what happened but seeing all the blood on herself ,defended herself!!I would like to ask Spazz and Striker 14 if this is the same Rover team that you guy's brawled with a few years back and players ended up with season long suspension?As for the other teams in our division this isn't the same team that you guys have played this year.They signed 5 new girls yesterday,1 of them being the one who sucker punched our player.Well will be really interested to see what the MWSL gives in terms of suspensions!!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Corerct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the ref have the ability to go talk to a player later on after the play is dead?

Absolutely, Conductor.

I'm sorry to hear about that. I HATE teams playing that way with a passion. What's worse though is when the ref calls nothing because it ends up encouraging more and more of the crap. Even in today's game against North Shore, there were far too many slide tackles from dangerous positions that were ignored.......Fortunately, both teams played through this and didn't let it get out of hand.

I'm looking forward to the Rovers game in a few weeks. I'll be looking to sign five new players too for that game. :D ;)

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conductor said:
I would like to ask Spazz and Striker 14 if this is the same Rover team that you guy's brawled with a few years back and players ended up with season long suspension?

Yes, I know that team IS the team we, the Vancouver Jaguar's, brawled with in 2002 (I think 2002?)
I got the most games...10...because the "LEAGUE" assumed I was the instigator...go figure!!

I am gonna have a hay day with this one...stay tuned

striker14

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Normally I enjoy a good wrestling match amongst women with the odd pillow tossed here and there but sucker punches and blood... that's going a little too far. Sounds like someone could be gone for up to a years suspension.

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds like the 5 new signed players have meshed well with their new team.... :rolleyes: This is not an uncommon event for the Rovers! They are a very physical team and have had many fights (or full out team brawls when it comes to the Jaguars! :D )

I just hope the league is fair with the discipline action since a player from their club is on the Disciplinary Committee! This player may not have a prior history of fighting but this team does.

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz said:
I just hope the league is fair with the discipline action since a player from their club is on the Disciplinary Committee! This player may not have a prior history of fighting but this team does.
If a team member is part of the discipline committee, then by any association standards, she must remove herself from any decision making and another board member MUST replace her. Hopefully, they will do this as it would be a conflict of interest and it could get messy if the Fury want to protest or go above them.

CHAB

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's the way it SHOULD be but remember, this IS the MWSL! Things are never as they should be nor handled the way they should be.

Rosco

Nov 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The MWSL have asked me to do discipline for them in the past. They have a number of people from all divisions and teams they can call upon to do a discipline hearing and don't use people with any affiliation to the team or club or that play in the same division as the suspended player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0