Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[MWSL Division 1] Predictions, Results & Banter - Oct '05

Status
Not open for further replies.

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kerrisdale 4 - Rovers 0

Pretty good game allround for us. They had a couple of chances, but nothing too serious, and both our keepers were stellar! No major defensive breakdowns, and we managed to get some marking/positioning worked out. I notched the first 2 goals - one off a great ball crossed through the box that I beat their keeper to, and the second off a shot that just felt good as soon as it left my foot :D . Third goal scored by Nic off a PK -given because their sweeper had to haul down our striker who'd run past three of their players so far. In the 2nd half, the last goal was scored off an interesting left foot shot by KG that squeezed through the keepers arms and she/the ball both fell into the net ;) !! Nice to get another shutout! I'm sure CHAB will fill us in if I've left anything out.

How did everyone else fare?
munchkin

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
munchkin said:
Kerrisdale 4 - Rovers 0

.....I'm sure CHAB will fill us in if I've left anything out.

munchkin
How about that break away that you tried to chip over the keeper who is quite a bit taller than you:D. Shoot low sunshine...... and you would have had the hat trick in the 1st half. Looks like you are in the '+' Column now for goals for.

Nice win for sure and I was able to use everyone who was healthy. Much better start than last season.

Heard it was Richmond Shooters 1 Richmond Stingrays 3. Any confirmation Spazz??

CHAB

Funbox

Jun 15, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would just like to take a minute to say that passing is clearly over rated on the Coq. city gunners. Oh and if the reffing was any worse, I would kick my own ass to get a red so I wouldnt have to watch it anymore. CHOKER...eff sushi...let's do taco bell.

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Club I 1 Vancouver Fury 1

Club I with most of the play in the first half, scored on a cross that the goalie misjudged and that went through her hands. Our striker swears she was shooting ;). Second half they picked up the intensity and our girls didn't really match it. No real chances either way until they scored 2 minutes into extra time :(. One of our defenders kept everyone onside and the rest of our backline stood waiting for the ref to blow his whistle, a good cross was kind of bodied into the net. Not the end result we would have liked but there were some flashes of soccer being played. On to the fundraiser...

Hail Hail

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One Dart said:
Club I 1 Vancouver Fury 1

Club I with most of the play in the first half, scored on a cross that the goalie misjudged and that went through her hands. Our striker swears she was shooting ;). Second half they picked up the intensity and our girls didn't really match it. No real chances either way until they scored 2 minutes into extra time :(. One of our defenders kept everyone onside and the rest of our backline stood waiting for the ref to blow his whistle, a good cross was kind of bodied into the net. Not the end result we would have liked but there were some flashes of soccer being played. On to the fundraiser...

Hail Hail

What the hell were we doing playing the offside trap anyway, coach? :mad: We NEVER play that........;)

I can only comment on the first half and the first five minutes of the second half but our girls play some very nice football and were deservedly up at the half. I heard the second half was controlled by the Fury so a draw was probably a fair result in the end. On a negative note, the ref was absolutely horrendous. I can't believe he actually 'certifies' refs. :(

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I blame Bruce. It's kind of like when things don't go our way with the high school team, there is always DITH to blame. Handy having that third coach.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One Dart said:
I blame Bruce. It's kind of like when things don't go our way with the high school team, there is always DITH to blame. Handy having that third coach.

Good point, One Dart. That's what coaching is all about.....when in doubt, blame each other. :D

Bruce, when you read this, I expect you to post and blame One Dart. It wouldn't be right otherwise. :D

At least you can't blame me on this one. Well, you could I guess. :)

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone hear how the Delta vs.Norvan game ended? I heard that at halftime Norvan was leading 2-1!! Interesting. Wonder if Delta is self-destructing, or is it because of missing players/injuries?

:wa:

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:
What the hell were we doing playing the offside trap anyway, coach? :mad: We NEVER play that........;)
Hey Cappy,

Can you play the offside trap against us when we play you in a month??? I think I finally taught my team how to beat it and I really would like to test it out:rolleyes:. Munchkin is wants to be our scoring leader so it may be a good chance for her.

Enjoy the weekend off.

CHAB

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
munchkin said:
Anyone hear how the Delta vs.Norvan game ended? I heard that at halftime Norvan was leading 2-1!! Interesting. Wonder if Delta is self-destructing, or is it because of missing players/injuries?

:wa:

Norvan 4 - Delta 2
WOW :eek: ....Anyone have any inside information about this result? Anyone catch the game that could report in? Any Norvan/Delta players want to re-cap this one? Don't get me wrong, it is good for us as it moves us into 2nd place, but as you could tell from my predictions (which aren't worth beans by the way) I called this one way wrong :rolleyes: .

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is shocking, but Norvan has a good squad too...

The race will be tight :eek:

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ARGH! We did lose to the Stingray's 3-1 but it shouldn't have been so! We were missing our 2 sweepers and the defence line (that'd be me) let them in too close and they had some nice shots!

Our ref was a fcuking useless putz! First he started with jewellery, the elastic wrist bands, bobbypins or any type of hair barrett then on to say no toques (Stringrays, not us), the goalie had to tuck her hoody in and one of our player's headband was too big and had to be removed.

This ref was NOT calling offsides cause he was nowhere near the line, was watching the kicker (but never looking to see if any players had taken off) and he had no clue on his calls. At one point the Stingray's actually gave their corner kick to us as they knew the ref had made the wrong call but the stubborn old useless #%@^%$ stuck by his incorrect call. :rolleyes:

They're a good team but I agree with Munchin - beatable (though not by us apparently. NEXT TIME! ;) )

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz said:
Our ref was a fcuking useless putz! stuck by his incorrect call. :rolleyes:

It's going to take awhile but be patient little one, I'm doing what I can to slowly change the reffing situation in the MWSL ;)

+thenewlycertifiedrefSC :eek:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SC said:
It's going to take awhile but be patient little one, I'm doing what I can to slowly change the reffing situation in the MWSL ;)

+thenewlycertifiedrefSC :eek:

Oh but SC, level 3 is at least a year away. :( ;)

Hail Hail

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I drove my saracen through your garden last night...

Can't believe that SC is actually an official after the blatant fouls she committed this evening.

Chefidel Ar La

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't want the weekend off because the fitness is just starting to come around and I can use all training/games I can get, but I'm just as glad to have Thanksgiving off. I Don't think I'll be in the kitchen cooking turkey, but damn sure I'll be eating it!! Yummy turkey with stuffing and gravy :D .

Now I have to stop fantasizing about food. DAMN! :rolleyes:

Whose idea as it for the women-folk to have the weekend off and yet the men still get to play? Is it really because the women were supposed to be at home cooking the bird? If so, that's so LAME! The MWSL needs to role into the 21st century as it seem they are stuck somewhere in the 1800's!

IloveturkeyandgravyandstuffingandcranberrysauceMunchkin :D

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well I wasn't at the game on sunday vs Club I,I will agree with the Captain that a tie was a fair result.After hearing the game reports from Mr. Brigs the co-coach!As for this sunday I had an exhibition game lined up but 2/3's of my team said that they couldn't make it. Due to commitments for thanksgiving getting dinner ready!! :D Oh well looks like I'll be getting lot's of leftover stuffing for going public with that comment!! :bronco: pie for dessert I hope too!!

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One Dart said:
Can't believe that SC is actually an official after the blatant fouls she committed this evening.

Oh, you caught that did you :eek: I was actually going for an elbow on Coach, but he shoved me over before I could get to it. :mad:

My footy sucked as badly as a hoover last night. :D

Munchkin, on Thanksgiving the women are supposed to be at home looking after the kids, getting dressed up for their significant other and polishing the silverware ;)

Happy Gobble Gobble everyone! :wa:

+SC

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conductor said:
.....Due to commitments for thanksgiving getting dinner ready!! :D Oh well looks like I'll be getting lot's of leftover stuffing for going public with that comment!! :bronco: pie for dessert I hope too!!
Hey Conductor,

Your girls may decide to stuff you for going public. Learn to duck man!! I see a pie labelled just for you. It also seems that SC is better in the kitchen than on the pitch:rolleyes:. I'm sure she will have some left over turkey, just for you.

CHAB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0