Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[MWSL Division 1] Predictions, Results & Banter - Oct '05

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now how come Keeper couldn't have been at the Fury/Rover game with his trusty camera taking pictures for the gallery....

What better than pics of a scrap! Someone oughta tell Keeper to start following the Rovers around so we can get some cat fight pics in the Gallery! :D

choker

Sep 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
So what are your predictions for this weekend SPAZZ??

Oh yah, when you going to pay me back for that jelly belly popcorn I bought you a long time ago? heh heh

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Choker.... I could have so much fun with that name.... :D

My predictions are (and by no means am I ever right!):

Kerrisdale 4-2 over the Fury (guessing from the standings)
Shooters 2-1 over Norvan (little worried that they beat Delta 42 last game)
Delta 4-4 Club Ireland (think Delta will pick up their socks after last game)
Stingrays 6-1 Rovers (missing their 2005 Boxing Champ and will probably still be a little off their game)

I hope we do okay up front now that Rachel's gone for the year.... :( because we need this win!

Stingray's were an agressive team.... wonder if that'll set off any other Rovers!? :eek:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz said:
Choker.... I could have so much fun with that name.... :D

Shooters 2-1 over Norvan (little worried that they beat Delta 42 last game)
Stingrays 6-1 Rovers (missing their 2005 Boxing Champ and will probably still be a little off their game)

I hope we do okay up front now that Rachel's gone for the year.... :( because we need this win!

Stingray's were an agressive team.... wonder if that'll set off any other Rovers!? :eek:

We might give up 4 goals this weekend but we've only scored 6 goals in 4 games, so I doubt we'll be hitting that total. :) We will be without our keeper this weekend, who is in Victoria, so that could be an adventure, as it usually is when there is no natural goalie around. :D

Time will tell......

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz said:

Shooters 2-1 over Norvan (little worried that they beat Delta 4-2 last game)
I don't know Spazz, Stingrays may be "the team to beat" but they haven't been exactly scoring a ton of goals either. With their striker done for the year, the'll need scoring from the rest of their team.

The Delta / Club I game may be a tie but Cappy is right, 4 goals is a bit much. I say 1-1 or 0-0. Delta is slow on their back end and Norvan is young and fast so that would account for their 4 goals.

Shooters / Norvan - really all depends on which Norvan team shows up and if they are short players or not. Only had 10 against us. Well, 9 1/2 as one was throwing up at half time.

Kerrisdale / Fury - won't predict our own game but we have 4 straight shutouts with Spunkie in goal. Depends how beat up the Fury are after their boxing match with the Rovers. Should be a good game if the field is playable.

CHAB

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Like I said... I'm never right, I'm a sh*tty gambler! ha ha ha

There hasn't been many goals out of our pool with exception to Delta because the creamed a few of us up front..... so I guess I'm expecting the flood gates to open....

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just to widen the prospective around here lets get into 1C....

Choker & Fun Box.... do you two SUPERSTARS predict a win over Southside.

If that's the team that was playing for the Rangers (before getting the boot for TTPing) they weren't all that great but had an amazingly fast little forward that I was giving a beating to yet she kept going! But Choker's also a fiesty little Energizer Bunny so it shouldn't be a problem!

Fun Box, you scoring goals playing Div1??

choker

Sep 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
If me and fun box are playing, then yes I predict a win over southside. And yes we are playing! I hope I score again. Hey Spazz, too bad when playoffs are around, i won't get to play you. Does anybody know anything else about "Southside".

When you giving me back my popcorn?

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
choker said:
If me and fun box are playing, then yes I predict a win over southside. And yes we are playing! I hope I score again. Hey Spazz, too bad when playoffs are around, i won't get to play you. Does anybody know anything else about "Southside".

When you giving me back my popcorn?

From what I can remember of last year, Southside has average skill (no flashy or phenomenal player comes to mind, but then again I am suspect in the memory area :rolleyes: ), but they do play for a full 90 min. and don't give up.

Predictions:
I like Spazz's predictions, but I'm with CHAB on the lower total goals scored. I know, I know CHAB, there is a first for everything :D .

Good luck Spazz. Norvan is a young (and whiny sp?) team, and they are quick, but very beatable. Have we played you guys yet? I think we are almost into our second round of playing teams from our pool, but I don't remember playing the Shooters, and I don't remember missing any games :confused: !! We play the Fury this week, and next play the Stingrays, who we played in the first game of the season. Your team would be the only one we haven't played. Weird!

Conductor - I'm still going to wish you good luck for this weekend, but I have to admit that I am nixing it slightly as I hope we have better luck ;) !!

Any word on the discipline for the "I'm a big baby and need to punch someone because I can't handle myself" Rover player? I would assume that she will not be able to play this weekend, but knowing the league, anything could happen!

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just saw that the Rovers and Shooters game is at S.W. Memorial (41st and Fraser) at 12:00pm. Since it is only 5 blocks from my house, I think I will have to go and cheer Spazz on, and see how much this Rover team has changed since we play them. Anyone that wants to join me will be most welcome! :wa:

I may even bring the camera with me in case there is any rough stuff. If I can get any pictures (rough stuff or otherwise as I hope it will be a clean/well played game), someone will have to tell me how to put it in the pic gallery as I not so 'puter S-M-R-T ;) .

munch

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can'tHeadABall said:
I don't know Spazz, Stingrays may be "the team to beat" but they haven't been exactly scoring a ton of goals either. With their striker done for the year, the'll need scoring from the rest of their team.

The Delta / Club I game may be a tie but Cappy is right, 4 goals is a bit much. I say 1-1 or 0-0. Delta is slow on their back end and Norvan is young and fast so that would account for their 4 goals.

Shooters / Norvan - really all depends on which Norvan team shows up and if they are short players or not. Only had 10 against us. Well, 9 1/2 as one was throwing up at half time.

Kerrisdale / Fury - won't predict our own game but we have 4 straight shutouts with Spunkie in goal. Depends how beat up the Fury are after their boxing match with the Rovers. Should be a good game if the field is playable.

CHAB

Richmond Stingrays 5 5 0 0 9 2 7 15
Kerrisdale FC 5 3 1 1 8 2 6 10
Club Ireland B 4 2 0 2 6 3 3 8
Delta United A 5 2 3 0 12 6 6 6
Vancouver Fury 5 1 2 2 8 9 -1 5
Richmond Shooters 5 1 3 1 7 14 -7 4
Shamrock Rovers B 4 1 3 0 4 14 -10 3
Norvan/NSGSC Strikers 5 1 4 0 5 9 -4 3

The STingrays have scored the second most goals in the league......and Delta United scored 10 of their 12 goals in their first two games........

We just don't score a lot of goals. Now that we have a proper practice field starting on Tuesday, hopefully we can start working on this a lot more. It's been impossible so far.......

Good luck everyone this weekend, except Delta United. :D

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
munchkin said:
Just saw that the Rovers and Shooters game is at S.W. Memorial (41st and Fraser) at 12:00pm. Since it is only 5 blocks from my house, I think I will have to go and cheer Spazz on, and see how much this Rover team has changed since we play them. Anyone that wants to join me will be most welcome! :wa:

I may even bring the camera with me in case there is any rough stuff. If I can get any pictures (rough stuff or otherwise as I hope it will be a clean/well played game), someone will have to tell me how to put it in the pic gallery as I not so 'puter S-M-R-T ;) .

munch

Chickee.... that's the Stingray's, not us! We play norvan this weekend, remember you last post (less than 15 minutes ago?) :confused:

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz,

Munchkin has other things on her mind these days. She thinks she is a movie star now. I can see how she could get a little confused:rolleyes:.

CHAB

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
choker said:
If me and fun box are playing, then yes I predict a win over southside........Does anybody know anything else about "Southside".
Choker,

I thought Fun Box was the Norvan Premier A Goalie???? Now I am lost. Who do you two play for???

In any event, Southside are average but they don't quit. They have this one striker #23 or #22 I think, and if she is still playing with them, then she is quite fast and skillfull but she wasn't on their roster last year when we played them but was there 2 years ago.

CHAB

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz said:
Chickee.... that's the Stingray's, not us! We play norvan this weekend, remember you last post (less than 15 minutes ago?) :confused:

woops :rolleyes: . My bad. Maybe I have ADD? or maybe my challenged brain can't handle the fact that both team names start with an 'S,' and it is all too much for me? :p But you should be flattered Spazz 'cuz it was you I was coming out to cheer on. Don't know that I care to watch the Stingrays/Rovers game anymore if you're not playing!

good luck to everyone tomorrow (except the Fury) ;) .

Funbox

Jun 15, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
My ears [eyes?] were buring....did someone say funbox? YES, I am keeper for my premier team but double as a striker for the Norvan hearts in DIV.1. I say we beat Southside 6-2. 3 goals for me and 3 goals for the chokster.I am only say 3 goals for me because I need to redeem myself after that sh*tshow last sunday by Slurrey. Good luck to all, we will all need it playing tomorrow with canuck hangovers....

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes CHAB, these 2 are mixed up chicks..... playing Div 1 but pulling up for their Premiere games..... but a Keeper & Sweeper as forwards.... probably not so many goals out of them! ;) :D

FunBox (I feel dirty calling saying that...)

You're shooting for 3 goals each?!?! Good luck with that! :eek: ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0