Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[MWSL Division 1] Predictions, Results & Banter - Oct '05

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funbox

Jun 15, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz said:
Yes CHAB, these 2 are mixed up chicks..... playing Div 1 but pulling up for their Premiere games..... but a Keeper & Sweeper as forwards.... probably not so many goals out of them! ;) :D

FunBox (I feel dirty calling saying that...)

You're shooting for 3 goals each?!?! Good luck with that! :eek: ;)

SPAZZ....where's the love?! And... I think it makes perfect sense the two of us up front, I mean we see goals being scored on us all the time... lol, we just use what we have learned.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta United 3 Club Ireland 1

The score might be a little misleading but that's how it ended up. The score was 0 - 0 at the half with Delta hitting the post once and us just missing the net in a goal mouth scramble. A fair result at the half...

Delta United scored about 15 minutes into the second half, as the ball skipped through our replacement keeper's hands. They deserved the goal on the run of play at that point but we managed to turn it around immediately and score about 5 minutes later.....The game appeared to heading for a stalemate until a long shot partially deflected of our midfielder's foot and into the net over the goalie's head. This was about with 5 minutes to go. They scored another goal on a bit of a gaff by the goalie and that was that. Overall, we didn't deserve to win the game but a draw would have been a fair result. If Delta was struggling to get players in recent weeks, they didn't today, as they had about 16.......Overall, a good battle and it was fairly clean for the most part.....

We should have everyone back for next week, including our youth call-ups, so that should help a little bit against whoever it is we play. It's amazing how much different a game can go when there is an actual goalie in net. Having said that, well done to our keeper who volunteered to go in, even though she didn't REALLY want to. :D

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kerrsidale 2 - Fury 0

Not a bad game overall. Could have easily been 4-2 (for us), but both teams missed a few good opportunities. A Fury forward missed an absolute gimme when Spunkie tried to clear a pass back from me, but the Fury girl shut her down, and Spunkie ended up clearing the ball off the girl's midsection :eek: . The girl then collected the ball and shot it into the side netting of the wide-open goal. OOPS ;) . Spunkie did make a fabulous save earlier off a great shot, and then took a cleat in the head from a charging player trying to get the ball that had squirted out of Spunkie's hands. Way to take one for the team girl :wa: . A relatively clean game, with just a little bit of whining (me included-at some of the pretty questionable calls :eek: ) and no rough stuff like the game with the Rovers the week before!
Allie is on fire!! She scored our two goals and is probably now our scoring leader as she's scored 3 goals in 2 games - woo hoo :D
Were you on the sidelines Conductor? I thought that it was your player that lost in 10 rounds to Mike Tyson who was coaching?!

How'd everyone else fare?
gladlygoingbacktoworktomorrowbutamgoingtomissthe
afternoonnapsmunchkin :D

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well we squeaked out a win over the Strikers 3-2

And I basically gave them the first goal as I was pushing up to catch my fast mark offside but I couldn't get our sweeper up in time, she didn't get a full foot on it and my check took off and scored. :eek: My bad!

But Wendy pulled off the flukiest (making up my own words) goal from like 30 yards out and their keeper got her hands on it but dropped it, I think it bounced up, hit her crotch and kinda rolled between her legs into the net! :confused: Was pathetic but the winning goal for us! (who says it has to be pretty?)

Did anyone else find them to be whiney or was it just that we had ANOTHER shite ref?

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Forgot to mention....

The ref awarded them a free kick in their 6 yard box (for whatever reason, can't remember) so their keeper puts it down quick to kick it out and ends up smokin her own player in the back of the head (funny as hell!) and then we get posession cause they were all still dazed & confused and we're about to crack a shot off when the stupid ref calls a retake!?!

A FCUKEN RETAKE cause she hit her own player who had no clue as to what was going on? Give me a break!

... and we pay these guys? Sometimes I think we should get our money back! :eek: :mad

Ok - I stand corrected, Balsa just informed me that it's a rule that the ball must come out of the 18 yard box regardless if the keeper smoked her player in the back of the head and they all sat there stunned.... so now I can't blame the ref but more the stupid rule! At least we got some amusement out of that.... :rolleyes:

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not that I'm trying to stir the pot here but the Fury have a couple of players who really need to keep a lid on the whining before the game even starts. Yes it was foggy and yes we were getting the goal posts which was on the other field and yes I was putting the bloody damn corner flags in the corners, all before the kick off so maybe she needs to chill a bit. And no the Fog was not our doing, I am not a bloody weatherman and I have no control over the Geese droppings as I am sure there was a complaint about that.

I know, I'm sure I'll hear it from some of the Fury players but it was a bit ridiculous to start complaining 30 minutes before the game even started:( and we have never played you guys so there is NO history between us. What's with that.

Other than that, a fairly clean and not bad of a game. Some good clean battles. Haven't decide yet how I want to rate the referee though.

SPAZZ,

YES they were quite Whiney and my players tell me so was the coach. I couldn't hear from my side as it was pissing rain when we played them so I was all Eskimoed up (if you can make up your own word, so can I) but he was complaining about everything, so I am told.

CHAB

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya he was going off about a few calls, etc but the ref shut him up.

They were just young and whined a lot.... must be a Norvan thing eh Choker & Fun Box? :D ;)

Whatever, their whinning didin't get them anywhere and we won. A win's a win!

Speaking of Norvan.... I heard the Hearts game was cancelled...?? HHHmmmm maybe they read about the 2 SUPERSTARS perdicting hattricks each and cancelled it? :rolleyes: :D Or maybe it was the fog that CHAB brought on!?! :confused:

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Okay, I'm a bit cranky today. Bloody battery in my car is dead:mad: and had to borrow a vehicle today. Yup, it was pretty foggy at UBC today. Couldn't see 50 yards in front of you but it burned off by around 10:30ish.

CHAB

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Couldn't make the game today as my best buddy Tiger was hit by a car yesterday!!So had to take him to the vet this morning.Anyways congrats to Kerrisdale on their victory.CHAB sorry about the complaints this morning, stuff always seems to happen when I'm not around!!Also see that the Stingrays tied the Rovers.

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conductor said:
....CHAB sorry about the complaints this morning, stuff always seems to happen when I'm not around!!Also see that the Stingrays tied the Rovers.
Not a problem, As I said, was cranky cuz my bloody battery died. Hope your dog is okay.

CHAB

choker

Sep 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
CHAB - Yah I'm funbox's biyotch in the premier side (sweeper) and we make up the forward line for Div 1c Hearts... fun times... The Hearts needed some players so we decided to go for it and then transfer back before the deadline.. what a system..

Spazz - we played last night. Game ended up 2-2.. Fun box with a goal. Hearts had 8 players!! that girl you told me to watch was their best player but definitely stoppable.

Did you score in your game.. hehe

Funbox - :D :D :D :D :eek: how was your sub :) :rolleyes: :cool:

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
choker said:
CHAB - Yah I'm funbox's biyotch in the premier side (sweeper) and we make up the forward line for Div 1c Hearts......
Choker, already chatted with Funbox. We know each other quite well. Don't let her pull any 'Waterman's' when she plays (You'll have to ask her):rolleyes:.

CHAB

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did I score?!!? :confused: Gagger, what kind of question is that?
I didn't even do my job of keeping teh ball AWAY from our net!

But I did manage to make a little small, dark Norvan girl fly! :eek:

And by the way.... are the Strikers practicing with the Rovers or something? One defender punched one of our girls.... in the arms of all places :rolleyes: cause she said Casper tripped her. Well there was no call from the ref, Casper's not a dirty player and the girl's lucky she punched Casper and not one of the others that would've nailed her back!

Punching doesn't belong in soccer..... KICK THEM INSTEAD! :p

Funbox

Jun 15, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
LOL Don't worry CHAB I won't pull a Waterman. Where's my turkish delight? JKJKJK. Choker, my sub was unreal. And nice work on all the smiley faces you little knob job :p :D ;) :eek: :) Don't knock the system choke, it's doing us a favour. Hearts next week baby!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0