Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Division 2] Results & Banter - October '04

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Early Weekend Results

Looks like we are back on the right track. It was tough today as we had to get some guys to play injured due to 4 guys being out with red cards. We started the game with 11 players and by the end of the 1st half, we were down to 10 as one guy couldn't go on an injured knee. However, we played our best team game of the season. We created tons of offense but also played strong defensively. We won 2-1 but we could have had a lot more. Lots of credit goes to the Donegal goalie who played an exceptional game. He stopped 3 clear cut breakaways and made 2 crazy stops on open shots from inside the 18. This win was huge today and now it's time to string some wins in a row leading up to the big game against the Clones on Nov 6th...

p.s. Looks like 08star lives to talk another day in the forum!

justaplayer said:
From what i see so far on this site we've all seen what the Hurricanes are about already. Nothing but blowing alot of hot air.

No matter what the outcome of the game atleast you won't have the lame excuses youv'e been usein this year. When ya lose ya lose, when you win you win.

curious

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Early Weekend Results

i watched 70 minutes of the game today and the canes should have been up 3 or four in the first 30 minutes i probably saw 8 point blank miskick's by the canes #7 up front and #10 on the back line were the best on the pitch today i was good for me to scout you guys lot's of talent on your squad it should be a "cracker" when we meet "young guns vs the over the hill gang"

08star

Feb 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

What a great team effort today. We won with 10 players and with 4 red carded players sitting out. We get a bye week and when we come back the injuries will be over and so will be the suspensions, we are poised to make the run that i predicted.
curious said:
i watched 70 minutes of the game today and the canes should have been up 3 or four in the first 30 minutes i probably saw 8 point blank miskick's by the canes #7 up front and #10 on the back line were the best on the pitch today i was good for me to scout you guys lot's of talent on your squad it should be a "cracker" when we meet "young guns vs the over the hill gang"

curious

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

first time i ever heard play by play done on the sidelines with a cell phone . who's the man in the suit ?

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

08star said:
What a great team effort today. We won with 10 players and with 4 red carded players sitting out. We get a bye week and when we come back the injuries will be over and so will be the suspensions, we are poised to make the run that i predicted.

Seeing how bye weeks apparently now count as real games.....those suspension should just fly bye. :rolleyes:

curious

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

what does franchise know that others don't. are these inter-divisional match ups "real games" now ?

F

Fabolous

Whats the difference between the GEU wolves and a cigarette machine???

Cigarette machine has players

08star

Feb 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

I meant for the injuries "Frenchfry" Majority of the suspensions are 1 gamers.
The Franchise said:
Seeing how bye weeks apparently now count as real games.....those suspension should just fly bye. :rolleyes:

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

curious said:
what does franchise know that others don't. are these inter-divisional match ups "real games" now ?

Once again sunshine there not point games so others words there exhibation(sp)which in english means "it doesn't count"

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fabolous said:
Whats the difference between the GEU wolves and a cigarette machine???

Cigarette machine has players

Great you should probabley hace started by using a name that actually was in the english dictionary.....

great joke...where do you play

F

Fabolous

You should ask me with words from the english dictionary first

and when your fly like me you dont need a name from the dictionary
cause I fu ck till the bed breaks nigga

~ Fu ck the Franchise ~

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No place for that here or anywhere for that matter.

Racial comments will never be tolerated by TTP or myself.

Banned.

~Regs.

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Port Moody Lions 2 Poco City Athetic 0
Great day for soccer, the field and refereeing were excellent. Full marks to Port Moody, we had a few chances, but they were mostly against the run of the play. I would say that both clubs have similar skill levels but Port Moody was way hungrier than us today. I think Port Moody is the team to beat in 2C. I look forward to the rematch.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Abby SC 8 - WRU 1
I'm just going to come right out and say it: WRU was very poor today.
We got absolutely hammered, and were never in the game. Not quite sure how to start to put my finger on where it all went wrong. Instead, I'll just face the fact that we were brutal, and move on to next week. Full marks to Abby, though. A fair bunch of talent on their team, especially # 9 for all you in 2A who have yet to play them. They move the ball well, and their midfield is very solid. :(

jonny

Feb 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
port moody lions 2 poco athletics 0

good game port moody had total control for most of the first half when poco started to play they had some good chances and evened out the game. Look forward to playing this team again.

Poco field was weird with a turf goal mouth dont think I liked this in the dry weather might be nice in the rain.

jonny

Feb 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canuckboy
what happened to you guys vs. LUFC Dynamo are they that good or just a bad showing?

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
jonny, our team is basically all new, no excuses for the loss but we had absolutely no communication in that game (our first together), on the other hand they are a good team similar to you guys, young fast and hungry.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
NDFC 1-1 Eagle ridge. Bulljive with last minute heroics to tie the game. We played the last 30 minutes with 10 men and dominated at that. Horrible field up their with the worst ever but the ref was just horrible beyond all comprehension. There goal was a solid 20 yards offside, they had 3 hand balls in their own box all uncalled other then those incidents the ref didn't get off his whistle. Insisting to give a 2 minute lecture to a player after every foul absolutly killed the flow one of the worst soccer games I have ever experienced.On a more important note eagle ridge seemed to have a pretty decent squad although who knows with that field every buddy looked pretty bush league we selveaged a point and I'm happy with that.

P.S advice to refs when you havn't been noticed all game you probably refed a good one but when your trying to make your self noticed and be the MVP I rather play with no ref. Just stunningly bad today, I know i sound like I am making excuses but I am really not it was that ridiculous

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
canuckboy said:
Port Moody Lions 2 Poco City Athetic 0
Great day for soccer, the field and refereeing were excellent. Full marks to Port Moody, we had a few chances, but they were mostly against the run of the play. I would say that both clubs have similar skill levels but Port Moody was way hungrier than us today. I think Port Moody is the team to beat in 2C. I look forward to the rematch.

See the Franchise doesn't bullshit...port Moody is young and likes to run....no match compared to you guys!

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wolves 4 Peace Arch 0

We were all over them from start to finish....there team is the funniest bunch of guys I have ever played. They like to swear at each other and simply walk off the park if someone talks about there play.

Our ref was about 75 today.....yet kept up in the play and did a fairly good job..

Bring on Dewdney FC ........does anyone know if there any good???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0