Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Division 2] Results & Banter - October '04

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
This just in NDFC has officially changed there Name to NDFc "the best team in the league." not looking forward to this eagleridge field i keep hearing about have heard rumours it is the worst field of all time basically I sand box. Thats what I hate about div 2 more then the late tackles playing on a crappy fields that can take away the better teams advantage because the ball just bounces all over the place, not to mention playing a game with no flow. No excuses though NDFC "the best team in the league" to win by a minimum of a 2 goal margin

Hope it doesn't rain because you will be wearing gumboots.

When does dopey come back?

He's been hurt for a long time.....did he break it at provincials?

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
This just in NDFC has officially changed there Name to NDFc "the best team in the league." not looking forward to this eagleridge field i keep hearing about have heard rumours it is the worst field of all time basically I sand box. Thats what I hate about div 2 more then the late tackles playing on a crappy fields that can take away the better teams advantage because the ball just bounces all over the place, not to mention playing a game with no flow. No excuses though NDFC "the best team in the league" to win by a minimum of a 2 goal margin
Can't say I can stomach all of what is written above, but I will tell you that Eagleridge field is shite, as we played there in week one. It's extremely boggy, and I think you'll find bulljive that ERU will give you a good run. You will likely beat them, but I think you're in for a match for sure. They've got more scoring touch than we do, and their D is fairly solid. They'll press you more offensively than you were last week, and may just find the holes in your defence that we couldn't exploit last week due to our complete lack of finish.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
yah he broke it at provincials but it takes 3 months for that injurry to show up on a x-ray apparently so he just found out a week ago its cracked. He had be rehabing it and it wasn't getting any better it took doctors 3 monthes to figure this out.Apparenly they said he would be back in November for sure but he is seeing a specialized this week who will have a better idea of recovery time. On the whole gary note, he is red shirted so i think they asked him to play div1 or premier currently INDO in the vancouver metro league.

curious

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
i think the crossover games will determine which (2a or 2b) division has strength although i know the rippers and delta are both solid squads . i wish we could have a crack at the hurricanes early in the season but that's not to be.on the other hand there will be no excuses when we play them . a lot of 2b teams are having tough start but that's good for us

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for the input shaven but we are getting 2 of our starters back from the D line so I imagine that will help fill the wholes and make up for the gaps. You guys definitly exposed a few times in our game. I hope eagle ridge give us a good match I hear there team is pretty good

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
curious said:
i think the crossover games will determine which (2a or 2b) division has strength although i know the rippers and delta are both solid squads . i wish we could have a crack at the hurricanes early in the season but that's not to be.on the other hand there will be no excuses when we play them . a lot of 2b teams are having tough start but that's good for us

Do you guys have the same team for last year?

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
One of the head guys from the fraser valley was at our game last weekend in Port Moody and said that as of right now it will be the top three teams from each division going up and three teams from div one will drop.

(I think it was Neil not quite sure)

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
Thanks for the input shaven but we are getting 2 of our starters back from the D line so I imagine that will help fill the wholes and make up for the gaps. You guys definitly exposed a few times in our game. I hope eagle ridge give us a good match I hear there team is pretty good
Is Dope back this week, or is he still not quite fit? One last thing about last week; If we had've been able to put one in the ol' onion bag in the first half, likely would've been a different game in the second. Looking forward to our next match later this season. Just my opinion, of course...ERU is decent, though believe it or not we had the measure of them in Week One. The 3 -1 scoreline did not reflect the on-field play. Again, we had absolutely no finish, with our lone marker coming on a PK in the second half. Three ugly goals by them, totally against the run of play. You'll enjoy playing them, I think. They really spread the field, allowing for a lot of ball movement by both teams. Incidentally, what number are you? I'm #13, centre back.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
One of the head guys from the fraser valley was at our game last weekend in Port Moody and said that as of right now it will be the top three teams from each division going up and three teams from div one will drop.

(I think it was Neil not quite sure)
That info will make the competition a wee bit more fierce for the rest of the season, methinks. Tighten up your chinstraps boys and lace up your boots, it's going to be a battle!

wolfman

Nov 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
canuckboy said:
I tell you what, my handle isn't something super coc ky like "THE FRANCHISE", I didn't come on this site and say my team is gonna kick ass. I play hard every Sunday, and while I do have some skill, I can tell I have a couple of things that you will never have, class and heart.

So many posts over the last few days....man...are we ever sensitive Mr.CanuckBobbleHead?

I don't know if you have watched him play... I think "The Franchise" is all about heart and class on the field. He also plays hard every sunday.....

We should be 2-1 right now. The loss to Poco was disgraceful to say the least. Maybe my "30th Birthday" the night before caused some problems!

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gary's situation is different. Over the summer he accepted a scholarship to play for UBC but late in the summer changed his mind and switched to SFU. It was too late for him to get in for the fall semester so he is ineligible to play games and has to red shirt it this season, and starts training with SFU in January. The SFU coach told him to play VMSL Premier or Div 1 until next year to stay on top of his game so Gary is playin VMSL right now. Gary talked to his SFU coach last week about playing for us and his coach okayed it for January becuz at that point he will be allowed to train with SFU so they don't mind where he plays league wise. Gary misses the Hurricanes so you never know when you'll see him back in our uniform. It could even be before January...

The Franchise said:
Thats pretty hard to do because every school player signs a cntract that states they can't play in rec ball until the season is over......that being said maybe sfu is on there own system

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
ah wolfman, you are right, THE FRANCHISE just knows how to push buttons, as for your 30th birthday, congrats, my 30th is the day before we have our rematch, ****ing wierd

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
well hurricane power I have a feeling January may be to little to late but if you guys string a few wins together I am sure you will be able to turn it around earlier then later if not there is always the cup run. Shaven if you are the cenetr back with the shaved head hence "shaven" I think you are the best player on that team by far. I am number 10 didn't play to well should have had a few but whatever if you read my earlier post about dopeshell you will get the info you are looking for

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
well hurricane power I have a feeling January may be to little to late but if you guys string a few wins together I am sure you will be able to turn it around earlier then later if not there is always the cup run. Shaven if you are the cenetr back with the shaved head hence "shaven" I think you are the best player on that team by far. I am number 10 didn't play to well should have had a few but whatever if you read my earlier post about dopeshell you will get the info you are looking for
Thanks for the compliment bulljive, that's mighty praise. :eek: It is a team game though, and I just try and do my part week after week. You did have some quality chances, I recall, but I guess I did my job well then to help keep you off the scoresheet. Better luck this week, I'm sure you'll get a chance or two against ERU.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone know anything about Abby SC (who doesn't play for them ;) )?? We play them this weekend, and wondered if anyone has any insight as to what we can expect to run up against. They've had two one-goal losses, but that can be misleading. Info, especially from any Rippers or Titans here?

Canada Ger

Dec 9, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shaven said:
Anyone know anything about Abby SC (who doesn't play for them ;) )?? We play them this weekend, and wondered if anyone has any insight as to what we can expect to run up against. They've had two one-goal losses, but that can be misleading. Info, especially from any Rippers or Titans here?
we had abby sc first game of the season. It was a fierce battle. we played them at 10 in abbotsford on sunday morning.......and if anyone knows the rippers that is not our favorite time of the day on sunday, but none the less showed up and battled hard for that 1-0 win. Actually they only had 4 players at the field so it was a default win. But boy were we ever ready, ended up playing with ourselves............ I mean against ourselves at their homepark. heard they are alright though.

Legend

Sep 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
canuckboy said:
Hey Legend, our D is REALLY slow, so play the kick and run game, and Dustin is getting a root canal on Saturday so I don't think he's playing. We are really bad at offsides so definately play the trap, I'm too slow to outrun anyone under the age of 40 so the trap is definately safe. :)

I THINK that's sarcasm...not that it matters...guess I'll just have to wait and judge for myself sunday

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canada Ger said:
we had abby sc first game of the season. It was a fierce battle. we played them at 10 in abbotsford on sunday morning.......and if anyone knows the rippers that is not our favorite time of the day on sunday, but none the less showed up and battled hard for that 1-0 win. Actually they only had 4 players at the field so it was a default win. But boy were we ever ready, ended up playing with ourselves............ I mean against ourselves at their homepark. heard they are alright though.
Thanks for the info Canada Ger...what is it with this 10am kickoff in Abby for us all??? :confused: Simply horrid.

curious

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
franchise when you guys played us last year we mostly playing out of positiuon due to injuries and old age .we have added in center mid and lost some baggage we are slightly improved i think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0