Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Division 2] Results & Banter - October '04

Status
Not open for further replies.

curious

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
h.power we looked at our schedule this year and saw the sat match-up and we too are looking forward to playing the full canes not the watered down version that started the season but the cup contender from last year so that neither squad can complain about the result .

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
NDFC 4-1 over the titans, bulljive scoring the natural hat trick in the first half. once again everybody got itleast 35 minutes

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco City Athletics 2 - DMU United 2 Reeves was perfect, the referee made the best of two chippy teams. Fun game to play with lots of chances for both sides, no kick and run, both teams played a nice control game.

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
PoCo City United 5 - Donegals 1

Came out and put 3 behind them 25 min into the game. They went down a player and came back with one but as the game wore on we put two more in to finish it off.

Keep talking Hurricanes...we'll see what happens.

curious

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Clones 1 Coyotes 0
good thing we played these guys today we were horrible .as usual the week off hurts us and we were lucky today to get a result. coyotes had maybe one shot and we had two or three and managed to fluke one in . we could have been looking forward to the sat match up to much who knows .we will take the three points and move on

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is gonna be a heck of a game. The schedule worked out for us as if we had played you early in the season, we wouldn't have had a chance. We've gotten guys back and the lineup you will see, will be nothing like the lineup we had to field against Poco early in the year. I think the key to this game will be the 1st goal. The team that scores first will be able to impose their style of play on the game and that could be the difference. Bottom line is I think this one will be a one goal game...

curious said:
h.power we looked at our schedule this year and saw the sat match-up and we too are looking forward to playing the full canes not the watered down version that started the season but the cup contender from last year so that neither squad can complain about the result .

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
We look forward to the rematch Redwoods, we really do. The only "X" factor that may give you a chance in that game is if Blindman is once again the ref...That's all I will say about that...

redwoods said:
PoCo City United 5 - Donegals 1

Came out and put 3 behind them 25 min into the game. They went down a player and came back with one but as the game wore on we put two more in to finish it off.

Keep talking Hurricanes...we'll see what happens.

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soccer Mom said:
you were wrong about Tsaw. vs. NDFC shaven, i'll be happy to aid my team in proving you wrong again, as this match is pivotal for a number of teams in terms of points. Good luck to the rippers this weekend, you're gonna need some. My best wishes to WRU, GEU, and Abby this weekend aswell ;)

Tsaw 1 - Rippers 0

good match, tsaw controlled the first half, ball was in their end for at least 40 of the first 45 minutes. got a nice goal off a shot by one of our mid fielders into the right side of the goal. rippers hit the post, which was surprising, coming from surrey you'd figure they would always be able to find the hole :eek: second half was more even, both teams had a few chances.

wasn't far off on my NDFC - GEU prediction either, 4-1, i called 6-1. congrats to Abby and WRU aswell, big help for us.

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
damn these kids they are coming to my door taking all my damn chocolate :)
any word of the 2c Lions-Hades result?

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to the royals thats an impressive first half of the year, looks like the rippers are just going to drop right out of it and allow a 2 horse race. I expect we will easily handle the rippers next weekedn and be 2 points behind you guys. What was the score in the WRU game and abby game

Sheep

Nov 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU TIGERS 3 ALDERGROVE 1

We finally won another game and we are now up to an impressive 2 wins on the season. We should really be undefeated as I can’t say there are any teams that have impressed me thus far. Looking forward to playing Poco next weekend and handing them their first loss of the season.

Aldergrove has to be the biggest bunch of hackers in the league. You take the ball off them and they respond by chopping at your ankles. I guess that’s what you do when you have no skill. The officiating today was poor and the game was almost getting out of control at times. It seems like refs in this league either call every little infraction they see or let everything go, like the guy we had today.

A huge error by their keeper sealed the victory for us late in the second half as he kicked the ball short on his goal kick right to one of our forwards who then easily chipped it over the keeper into a wide open net. After that our stellar defence took over and that was the game.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds like they play the same way as the tigers sheep. Now you know what we all have to deal with when you play a team that always comes in late because they have no talent. I just think its amazing when teams think they have skilled players when actually you are one of those teams we all hate to play because you play kick and run and we are all going home swollen from the late tackles. What is the deal with WRU having some impressive wins but some blow out loses, strange I say strange

Sheep

Nov 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looking forward to playing the div1 relegated Poco team next week. You guys must be so proud of yourselves, the worst team in div 1 last year to the best team in div 2 this year. Enjoy it while it lasts because if you do get back up there in div1 again I would expect you to finish last again.

whack

Feb 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I expect you guys to beat them next week. They are not that good of a squad, your team should be able to pull out the W. I predict 3-1 Tigers.

Sheep said:
Looking forward to playing the div1 relegated Poco team next week. You guys must be so proud of yourselves, the worst team in div 1 last year to the best team in div 2 this year. Enjoy it while it lasts because if you do get back up there in div1 again I would expect you to finish last again.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
WRU 3 - 1 ND Titans

Well, here's my take on this match...We got up 3-0 in the first half, played very well, and were unlucky not to have a fourth. ND played poorly for the first 30min, and then came on towards the end of the first half. In the second half, they got one back about 25 min in and started coming at us with much more determination. Full credit to them for a valiant effort in the second half, as once again our lack of team fitness made this win much more difficult than it should have been. They had a lot of shots, but our defence was solid, as has been the norm of late, and most shots were not dangerous and from 20 yards+ out. We had a great counterattack today as they pressed their mids forward, and should have had one or two more in the second. As we have seemed to have found our scoring touch, with one of our strikers netting all 3 today, we are a far better team than we were in the first four matches. A good result today, and a well played match that was clean and well officiated, though it must be said Andy was a bit whistle happy with the contact fouls, and a bit off with his offside calls. Nothing too glaring though, and he did not impact the outcome of the game, which is all you can ask.

bulljive, in response to your musings about our tale of two seasons, i say this: Our forwards are now scoring again (finally), which has taken much of the pressure off our defence and balanced out our squad on-field. Hopefully our fitness will improve even more, and on that note it has dramatically recently, and we'll put in solid 90min efforts. Good results can only follow then. We've also begun to hit on a solid lineup, with the appropriate players in the right positions, which has been a plus. The Abby game was an pile of shite, and I can't even begin to tell you what happened there. In addition, against NDFC we were in the game until half, only down 1-0. Our inability to score did us in against you, and also in ERidge in week one, a game we dominated from a possession perspective. If we get a good result in Grove this coming weekend, which I believe we will, our second half will prove to be most interesting indeed.

Legend

Sep 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Eagleridge 1-0 Port Moody

A physical, well-contested match on a beautiful night at Heritage Woods. I don't know what all the whining was about, Eagleridge was a solid, physical team but not cheap or overly lippy. This game was back and forth. Hades spotted one on a great finish 25 mins in and then the game was just back and forth. Lots of good, clean contact and solid soccer. Quite an enjoyable match, save for the result. and the fact that the Hades kept throwing 4 guys at me :-S. The referee was excellent, kept the game in hand and let both teams play. All in all, I think it'll be a battle between these two teams for top spot in 2c if they can avoid bad losses. Hades are probably the best team we've played thus far.

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sheep said:

Well good luck next week...we just hope for a good game. I wouldn't imagine you know any of the guys on our squad so your prediction of our demise is interesting. I'm not sure why the anger from a Geu team that sits in last or close to the bottom but we'll see how the game goes next week.

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
whack said:
I expect you guys to beat them next week. They are not that good of a squad, your team should be able to pull out the W. I predict 3-1 Tigers.

No, we are not that good, we just keep getting lucky week after week. Here's hoping we can keep that luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0