Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Division 2] Results & Banter - October '04

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
wolfman said:
I love the horn too Legend, went off waaaaayyyy to much last sunday....
The sun was hard to play into on that field eh?

Thanks for making our team wake up.

It was nice to see moms and dads and grandparents come out so late on a sunday night.

I think I also some mom running up the sidelines yelling "kick it Billy....kick it"

Your just upset wolfman that you can only wave a baby rattler instead of tooting your own horn :p

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
First off franchise he is japanese not native but your close. he is not officially on our team anymore but he can still bang the hell out of those drums. WE are working on bring elephants and other entertainment to our games, it will not just be a soccer game but a festival for everybody to enjoy, it will be extra special because lets have an early hand off aplose(thats tip top spelling) for the rippers and especially Saint Jr for suppling beer for this occasion.

jonny

Feb 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't like the horn wolfman so you won't here that b.s. from me, and franchise I don't think that I'm a great keeper but I do hold my own and you are right I have a great d and strong mids in front of me. So to say god awful that is a load crap from a team that only got maybe 6 shots on net. Our team is solid and it's mainly because it's stayed the same for the last 9 years. I do look forward to a strong re-match between us because I still think it is to early to tell anything in the standings

the skinny guy

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey jonny OK after playing you guys on Sunday, I gotta say that horn is awful, just awful. And jonny as far as your play I was #13, you stoned me twice I thought you played well. Your D was good though they don't give you much time.

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
well Legend you have me(athletic), and franchise and wolfman(wolves), on this site and it seems that all three of us are bigmouths who think we have a shot at top spot.

Legend

Sep 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
hahaha, didn't mean to be a big mouth. I was trying to bring some flava to the forum that didn't involve swearing at each other or talking smack about mommas. But since we've played both you guys already, I look forward to the next rounds. I guess the other teams better watch out for us 3?

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
not saying you have a big mouth you guys are 3-0-1, it's us 2-2 teams that better wake up and do something now. I know whats killing us, bad starts, you, LUFC and Eagleridge were up on us 2-0 25 minutes in. Hard to win games if you spot the other team 2 goals before you wake up. anyhoo I like the underdog position, we got beat bad in Div 1 we want another shot to prove we belong,

Scoop Dawg

Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
canuckboy said:
not saying you have a big mouth you guys are 3-0-1, it's us 2-2 teams that better wake up and do something now. I know whats killing us, bad starts, you, LUFC and Eagleridge were up on us 2-0 25 minutes in. Hard to win games if you spot the other team 2 goals before you wake up. anyhoo I like the underdog position, we got beat bad in Div 1 we want another shot to prove we belong,

why do underdogs always say that they like being the underdog.
i'd rather be the favorite anyday!

Scoop Dawg

Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
looks like the top teams from last year are back on top this year ndfc,clones,rippers
with the exception being the tigers.none of these three teams have anything in
common ndfc(young and co*ky)clones (fat , more chins than hong kong phone book)
and the rippers(drunks) except maybe winning!

G-fence

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know about 2A, its a toss up. Surrey Rippers and NDFC don't have it easy. Abby will be on their heels for top spot and promotion to div 1. I heard they are still missing three starters but they spanked white rock 8-1. Don't ever underestimate the unknown. They had to forfiet the game against the rippers because the team was in a tournament in Seattle. Prediction: Rippers and Abby battle for promotion.

G-fence

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd add Eagleridge as another contender for top spot in div 2A. But only time will tell. Good to see the hurricanes back on the right track, i know they have lost a lot of their players to premier teams.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
G-fence said:
I don't know about 2A, its a toss up. Surrey Rippers and NDFC don't have it easy. Abby will be on their heels for top spot and promotion to div 1. I heard they are still missing three starters but they spanked white rock 8-1. Don't ever underestimate the unknown. They had to forfiet the game against the rippers because the team was in a tournament in Seattle. Prediction: Rippers and Abby battle for promotion.
Rippers, Abby AND NDFC will battle for the 2A top spot. Don't be fooled by the 8-1 thrashing we took from Abby this past weekend. We're not that bad, and Abby's not that good. It was just one of those games. Honestly, NDFC is a better squad than Abby, in my opinion, and having played both I've seen the difference between the two. We play the Rippers in two weeks, and by then I should be able to tell you all which one of those three has the edge!

wolfman

Nov 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dont be fooled by the 4-0 win we had on Sunday too.... we are way better than that!

.....at least you scored 1 right?

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
wolfman said:
Dont be fooled by the 4-0 win we had on Sunday too.... we are way better than that!

.....at least you scored 1 right?
I think you mean the 4-0 loss you had, as I think you play for GEU, but I get you. Ya, we did get the one...suppose that's something after being blanked against NDFC the week before! Its not much, but at this point I'll take it. Don't we visit you in Ridge this Sunday??? If so, what position do you play Wolfman?

wolfman

Nov 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shaven said:
I think you mean the 4-0 loss you had, as I think you play for GEU, but I get you. Ya, we did get the one...suppose that's something after being blanked against NDFC the week before! Its not much, but at this point I'll take it. Don't we visit you in Ridge this Sunday??? If so, what position do you play Wolfman?

We won 4-0... in Div.2 C...i play Center Mid.
We play Pitt Meadows Celtic this weekend.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
i think its starting to show that div2a is by far the toughest group. Rippers, NDFC, EAGle Ridge, abby, all seem to be good teams I don't know why eagle ridge has already lost 2 because i thought they had a good squad, as for aldergrove how they are doing so well is beyond me i saw them play and thought they were just horrible. If teams want to challenge for top spot they can't lose to may early which might hurt abby and eagle ridge although i feel both these teams will be beating alot of the top teams

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
wolfman said:
We won 4-0... in Div.2 C...i play Center Mid.
We play Pitt Meadows Celtic this weekend.
My apologies wolfman, I thought you played for GEU. My bad, good luck this weekend. :eek:

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
i think its starting to show that div2a is by far the toughest group. Rippers, NDFC, EAGle Ridge, abby, all seem to be good teams I don't know why eagle ridge has already lost 2 because i thought they had a good squad, as for aldergrove how they are doing so well is beyond me i saw them play and thought they were just horrible. If teams want to challenge for top spot they can't lose to may early which might hurt abby and eagle ridge although i feel both these teams will be beating alot of the top teams
On that vein, I think you're right on all accounts, and will add that when those four teams play each other we're going to see them only separated by one or two goals per match. There's going to be many tight matches, much like yours against ERU last Sunday. The only team I haven't seen is the Rippers, and feel the other three are pretty evenly matched so far this young season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0