Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Division 2] Results & Banter - October '04

Status
Not open for further replies.

curious

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Clones 1 Bearcats 1
everyone knows the clones so i will comment on the bearcats today . they are a young squad with a lot of heart do not give up and worked hard all 90 minutes .we(the clones) should have the game in hand early we missed a pk and missed half a dozen inside the six but everyone has games like that.the bearcats were fairly skilled ,clean, and worked hard i think they will do well in 2b as the season wears on (maybe the most polite team i have ever played )

curious

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
the question is after playing on that feild last year is why do we accept that as a feild it is by far the worst in the fvsl and they know that (the brass) it's time for them to make a decision on that pitch

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard that eagle ridge was getting charles best turf when it's done, i drove by today and it looks like it should be ready in less than a month. I hope that's the case because someone is gonna break something in that sandbox. Oh and Franchise, I guess because Port Moody beat you 3-0 and we only lost 2-0, and we beat you 2-1, we are better faster and stronger than you?

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I used to play with those Eagleridge guys back in youth and we were moved to that field from a couple of fields up the hill and it was brutal back then. That field also cost my brother to dislocate his ankle back when his team was forced to play their home games there. I am happy to see Eagleridge doing pretty good as they are a decent squad but I am surprised they have forced the league to move them all these years. Also I feel if Eagleridge can pick up their pace they have a shot at moving up.

Legend

Sep 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
PoCo was a decent squad but we should won by a couple more...I should had two more at least. But they're a good bunch of guys, reffing was good today. Port Moody was the better team today. Next week is Peace Arch. Should be fun.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Champlain's Keeper said:
I used to play with those Eagleridge guys back in youth and we were moved to that field from a couple of fields up the hill and it was brutal back then. That field also cost my brother to dislocate his ankle back when his team was forced to play their home games there. I am happy to see Eagleridge doing pretty good as they are a decent squad but I am surprised they have forced the league to move them all these years. Also I feel if Eagleridge can pick up their pace they have a shot at moving up.
ERU was a bit of an unknown at the beginning of the season, so it is a bit of a surprise to see them performing so well early this season. One can only wonder how much better they might be if they actually had a decent pitch to play on at home. I thought they'd match up well with NDFC today, and according to bulljive's account of the match I was pretty bang on with that prediction. They'll be a team to watch for the remainder of the campaign.

One more thing, for all of us...it appears that the powers that be at TTP are quite serious about keeping the forum clean and respectful, so lets all watch ourselves a bit, shall we? Two bannings in one week are a pretty clear message, I'd say. Don't really wish to see anyone else get booted, so just keep your heads about you'all when posting. I'm not trying to suck up, or be anyone's father here, but I thought Soccer Mom's banning would be enough to get the message through. Apparently not so much, based on yesterday's banning. Just a reminder from you friendly neighbourhood centre back. :D

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
NDFC 1-1 Eagle ridge. Bulljive with last minute heroics to tie the game. We played the last 30 minutes with 10 men and dominated at that. Horrible field up their with the worst ever but the ref was just horrible beyond all comprehension. There goal was a solid 20 yards offside, they had 3 hand balls in their own box all uncalled other then those incidents the ref didn't get off his whistle. Insisting to give a 2 minute lecture to a player after every foul absolutly killed the flow one of the worst soccer games I have ever experienced.On a more important note eagle ridge seemed to have a pretty decent squad although who knows with that field every buddy looked pretty bush league we selveaged a point and I'm happy with that.

P.S advice to refs when you havn't been noticed all game you probably refed a good one but when your trying to make your self noticed and be the MVP I rather play with no ref. Just stunningly bad today, I know i sound like I am making excuses but I am really not it was that ridiculous
I told you they'd give you a good run...congrats on bulgin' the ol' onion bag this weekend, appears it was timely. Good rant on the referees, as I think its fair comment. There's no room for Kerry Fraser wannabees in FVSL, or the bad hair!

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Legend said:
PoCo was a decent squad but we should won by a couple more...I should had two more at least. But they're a good bunch of guys, reffing was good today. Port Moody was the better team today. Next week is Peace Arch. Should be fun.

If you call that fun....try not have the score run up to early or they'll just quit..

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big shout out to Sheep and the Tigers....also don't forget about the Titans........better get your act together quick!!

wolfman

Nov 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
canuckboy said:
Oh and Franchise, I guess because Port Moody beat you 3-0 and we only lost 2-0, and we beat you 2-1, we are better faster and stronger than you?

5-0, 1-0 same friggin thing!

We won 4-0 yesterday.... what does that mean?

My team we'll see you in a month and a half a get some sweet revenge for the out of bounds goal you scored!

unfortunatley, I will not be in the line up....... MEXICO BABY!

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sheep, to lost shepard....are you there???

I think the quote went like this....." we are better then last year, we expect to be in div 1 and we have the wolves best player".....last time I check they didn't have THE Franchise or the WolvesMid......Buckle up Tigers cause looks like your heading for a sweet demotion.....I remeber the Stars of last year.....older like the tigers and The Franchise potted 4 goals against them!!! (only if he could find the same hot streak.....hey there Neily my boy)

I wish that there could be a cross over some how because I would like to play delta fc and the clones to see how we match up.

There is a strong comparsion this week.....dewdney fc and the Tigers......you make the call...

Jack Daniels

Jan 18, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
Sheep, to lost shepard....are you there???

I think the quote went like this....." we are better then last year, we expect to be in div 1 and we have the wolves best player".....last time I check they didn't have THE Franchise or the WolvesMid......Buckle up Tigers cause looks like your heading for a sweet demotion.....I remeber the Stars of last year.....older like the tigers and The Franchise potted 4 goals against them!!! (only if he could find the same hot streak.....hey there Neily my boy)

I wish that there could be a cross over some how because I would like to play delta fc and the clones to see how we match up.

There is a strong comparsion this week.....dewdney fc and the Tigers......you make the call...
What about the Rippers? you would like a cross over to play delta and the clones! Were in first place with a game in hand on alot of teams where is our respect.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Listen to her Franchise "where is our respect" that is absolutly hilarious. yes rippers your great, spectacular, stupendous.

Legend

Sep 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Rippers do look like the team to beat at this stage with 1 goal against...The clones and Delta FC are also looking solid but don't count out the Lions. We've had two goals against and that's cuz we were missing our keeper that game and half our starting D. Our starting keeper is riding a 3 shut-out streak.

wolfman

Nov 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Legend said:
The Rippers do look like the team to beat at this stage with 1 goal against...The clones and Delta FC are also looking solid but don't count out the Lions. We've had two goals against and that's cuz we were missing our keeper that game and half our starting D. Our starting keeper is riding a 3 shut-out streak.

I love the horn too Legend, went off waaaaayyyy to much last sunday....
The sun was hard to play into on that field eh?

Thanks for making our team wake up.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jack Daniels said:
What about the Rippers? you would like a cross over to play delta and the clones! Were in first place with a game in hand on alot of teams where is our respect.
\

Played you guys...nothing great a few stars and alot of holes....St J one of the best in the league....I don't consider you guys tops in this league no offence but Delta fc has you beat.....great team last year...little problems at the provincials but experience means everything.....

By no means does this say where some outstanding team....but we will be top three in div 2c....

Port Moody has many holes there young....but fool around to much and there goalie is god awful week...this just shows how strong there two center mids are....

Moody is good on turf so-so on grass.....much respect though they outplayed us but it is tough to win when half your team stops running when there down!

Hey Bulljive do you guys still have that native fellow that played drums last year when the Knights beat the Clones??? That guy was a musical genius not gifted on the pitch so much though :D

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Legend said:

How is that since the week before you played us you guys tied 1-1???

Not to knock your keep but he is horriable....(the skinny guy) at least that who was in net against us (wolves) your defense is solid...slow but your mids are what does it for you and you guys are dangerous on turf but on grass you seemed to play a different game :confused:

It will be a closer battle next time we meet :D

What's with the White Lenny Kravetes (way off on spelling there) on the back line.....he has had the same hair for two years..... :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0