Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CAT [FVSL Cat] Results and Banter - October '04

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cryuff, apparently all the other CAT members have day jobs unlike you.
Go milk some more cows and shuck some corn until you have a good topic to discuss.

How about this topic.

Who does everyone hate playing the most?Team or player.

I know most of you will say me, after i have burned, megged, and scored on all of you but, other than me who else?

Belfast

Oct 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Girth, now thats a topic worth voting on. The most annoying C.A.T TTP'r is with out a doubt

CRYUFF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rivermouth

Oct 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
lilhank said:
Couldn't agree more with you Discman. Two reds for Whalley on questionable calls with no yellow showed previous is absolutely shocking. Interesting that no wack players left the game with reds. I'm not into conspiracy theories just letting it be noted. Seemed that Whalley came out on the shorter end of the stick. That being said Whalley played a disorganized first half that left us with no choice but to get it together at half time. It must have been something in the water that sparked our side to play like we can. Limited Wacks chances and had a few of our own. Actually scored with a player out on the first red. That put us up 2-1 and with Wack not really threatening should have been the game. I personally shat the bed from the top of the 18 with a hard shot directly at the keeper with about 20 to go, would have put us up 3-1. Could have drove a giant beach ball left or right of the keeper. Oh well that's what I get for not closing my eyes while I shoot. With about 15 to go ref gives our most threatening forward a red on a play that may have warranted a whistle. So I agree with discman that the officiating left a whole lot to be desired but if I was on the wack squad I may have bought him at least two beers after the game. In my humble opinion without wacks 12th player on the pitch the result definately would have favoured Whalley. I guess we'll only really be able to tell our next game vs wack, perhaps we'll get a ref with two eyes.
Never saw that ref in Chilliwack before. He's from Surrey and drove out to cover the game. So, the argument that he was a "hometown ref" doesn't fly. The red card was for "deliberate intent to injure", which does not warrant a yellow, but an automatic red, and probably a couple games suspension. Having said that, the teams played a really intense game, which made for some excellent soccer to watch. Rapids player (I think named Colin?) scored a cracker of a goal, curling it over and around the keeper. Excellent soccer for both sides. The rematch will most definitely prove to be entertaining.

Frevo

Oct 5, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
First of all I'd milk the cows in the morning, that way they are still all groggy and let you get away with more :). Other than that I'm a lil unsure if I should take a bow for the shout out as most annoying... I'm worried that one of you brown eye for the queer guy fans might get all hot and bothered. Cause I'm not feeling the kinda "beating" girth is looking to give the young boys;)

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
Who does everyone hate playing the most?Team or player.

I know most of you will say me, after i have burned, megged, and scored on all of you but, other than me who else?

Good old "SKELETOR" from Poco as we called him in Langley is a good vote for "hate" playing against, at least for us previous two seasons. At least he's a nice guy off the pitch. Then again his Partner in Crime from Poco Billy-the-not-so-much-of-a-kid. ;) is probably his equal.

lilhank

Feb 17, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rivermouth said:
Never saw that ref in Chilliwack before. He's from Surrey and drove out to cover the game. So, the argument that he was a "hometown ref" doesn't fly. The red card was for "deliberate intent to injure", which does not warrant a yellow, but an automatic red, and probably a couple games suspension. Having said that, the teams played a really intense game, which made for some excellent soccer to watch. Rapids player (I think named Colin?) scored a cracker of a goal, curling it over and around the keeper. Excellent soccer for both sides. The rematch will most definitely prove to be entertaining.

Agreed the rematch will be interesting considering that Whalley scored a goal with one man down and generally outplayed Chilli the whole second half. Best come with something better than playing the long ball up to the quick asian guy up front. As far as the ref is concerned you have to admit that he left alot of room for improvement to his "game." All the guys on the field that day were talking about how shocking he was. As for the goal, I'll just say I'd like to see him hit it again. Granted it was a great shot and credit to the player for hitting it, great shot but don't think he could do it again.

On a side note, apparently there's a group of ttpers heading out to the wack to kill Cryuff's cow so we don't have to hear about the sick shite that goes on with it post after post. Place Trudeau salute icon here.

Frevo

Oct 5, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yea Yea the ref was a piece of work but an elbow is an elbow... weak or not... If that ref was awesome he still woulda thrown him out. Not to mention probably woulda made the same amount of calls... Just that we would have known what they were for. I like how everytime someone loses they straight away go on about how if the ref was any good they would have won. I hope you're not relying on the refs to get your wins. LilHank, obviously you guys are both physical and fast enough to compete... but you can't really have expected to win a game that you finsished two men down. even if you did score shorthanded and "dominate" for a while when you are short a man it can only last so long. besides that was two weeks ago, and to quote a wise man " one game a season does not make ".

lilhank

Feb 17, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cryuff said:
Yea Yea the ref was a piece of work but an elbow is an elbow... weak or not... If that ref was awesome he still woulda thrown him out. Not to mention probably woulda made the same amount of calls... Just that we would have known what they were for. I like how everytime someone loses they straight away go on about how if the ref was any good they would have won. I hope you're not relying on the refs to get your wins. LilHank, obviously you guys are both physical and fast enough to compete... but you can't really have expected to win a game that you finsished two men down. even if you did score shorthanded and "dominate" for a while when you are short a man it can only last so long. besides that was two weeks ago, and to quote a wise man " one game a season does not make ".

I'm not blaming the ref just the circumstance. Obviously he was horrible my point is that chilli came out on the better end of the stick in this situation. Also if all you guys could come up with is a tie against a team that was two men down than I like our chances when you come to our pitch, that's all. The only reason I posted about it again yesterday was rivermouth's post that was about a week and a half late. Can't wait to see what happens...

lilhank

Feb 17, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rivermouth said:
curling it over and around the keeper. QUOTE] :rolleyes:

The shot was over the keeper and came down. Had a little english on it. Otherwise it was straight in no curl. Doesn't really matter 'cause it was a goal either way, just thought I'd sort you out a little. Does your name mean you drool alot or that you spend alot of time at the vedder? :confused:

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cryuff said:
That a boy Cryuff no questions? I vote Cryuff as most improved ttp'er. This means No we won't "Beat" you just some fondelling that's all. ;)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes he did suit up for the last 10-15 minutes.
If i told you, it wouldn't be much of a "secret" weapon would it?

Belfast

Oct 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gents, P.A.U 4 Delta metro 1
Game dominated by Peace arch although 0-0 at half. Two quick goals after the break then a P.K awarded to Delta then two more. Second yellow handed out to Delta around the 70th minute for a D man that couldnt keep up with our Mex import. I thought these guys where fit ? I had a guy twice number 7's age out running him what gives ? The ref was BRUTAL couldnt keep up used to kids soccer, thats right we where playing kids !! Word to the wise for the second half of the season at that pitch, have another field ready !! By far the worst field in the valley when the bad wheather hits look out MUD BOWL. A crazy thing happened in todays game shirts where pulled, studs where shown this usually happens when old players can't keep up, Delta seemed like the old boys out there today. The best young kids won the game today P.A.U was a different class !!

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU-7 SUFC-1
Actually alot of a closer game in the first half than the score shows with some good battles going on. Second half was taken over by GEU especially on our front left side who ran right thru their back D. Yoda and the boys played solid and it shows as I still have a voice from minimal yelling :D . Nice to meet ya Big T ,what happened to your keeper? Was he even your #1?

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lions 3- Langley 3

Decent game, I think we did well to get the tie, we fought back from 2-1 and 3-2, after being ahead for the majority of the first half. Langley tied it up just before half with a nice header off a free kick.

Don't know what to say about the ref, could have been worse i guess, but when u start at shocking, how much worse can it get. He didn't seem to know what was going on half the time, and the other half all it took was a good yell and the goal-kick :D or throw-in was yours. This is the third or fourth time we've had him, and it's just as bad each time.

lilhank

Feb 17, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Belfast said:
Gents, P.A.U 4 Delta metro 1
Game dominated by Peace arch although 0-0 at half. Two quick goals after the break then a P.K awarded to Delta then two more. Second yellow handed out to Delta around the 70th minute for a D man that couldnt keep up with our Mex import. I thought these guys where fit ? I had a guy twice number 7's age out running him what gives ? The ref was BRUTAL couldnt keep up used to kids soccer, thats right we where playing kids !! Word to the wise for the second half of the season at that pitch, have another field ready !! By far the worst field in the valley when the bad wheather hits look out MUD BOWL. A crazy thing happened in todays game shirts where pulled, studs where shown this usually happens when old players can't keep up, Delta seemed like the old boys out there today. The best young kids won the game today P.A.U was a different class !!

I told you these guys were young and fit! What's wrong with you? :D

discman

Sep 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whalley 4-POco 1
As posted was a very physical match. Whalley keepin there heads in the game and scoring 4 goals. Man of the match lilhank. Gave her everything he had today ,no holds barred. But what I wanna know is who was the wee lad running up and down the left side all day for the Rangers. Matter of fact set he even setup the fourth goal on true grit alone..well done Whalley lads. The race gets tighter at the top ...And I Know PAU / Whalley next week will be a barnburner . I am predicting this game will be the MOTW ..

Belfast

Oct 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
lilhank, are you sure you had to quote my entire recap for that response ! Glad to see you know how to point and click ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0