Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CAT [FVSL Cat] Results and Banter - October '04

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley 4 - GEU 2

Fairly even game i thought with Langley taking over in the last bit as GEU ran out of steam. Good clean game and good reffing as usual from the man in the middle. Due to lack of players, our coach had to suit up for the whole game. Held his own i thought.
GEU's first goal was a cross that found the far, top, corner of the net, keeper being just a bit too short to punch it over the crossbar. 1-0. They tied it up later with a good low hard shot past our keeper. GEU then went up a goal with a brilliant header on a cross by yours truly, then Langley put another one in later of a couple of misplayed balls by our defense to gave it up to their forward in the box, to make it 2-2 at the half.
Could have been down a goal but Dude did a splendid job of clearing a teammates shot wide of the net with his head. Thanks Dude.
Then proceeded to make another great clearance with his head by ducking into the way of another one clearing it wide again in the second half
Although he did kinda make up for it by cleaning up the garbage on their 3rd goal. They then scored the last one late in the game to seal the deal.

Thanks to our youth players for coming out and giving us a hand today.
Here's hoping our players coming back next week will be able to give us an immediate boost.

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lions 2- Chilli 2

not much to say, game was back and forth, we scored off a corner (i think) and pk, and they scored off a pk and one of the worst own goals i've seen in a while (our goalie today was one of our premier midfielders)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda,

What you witnessed today was a display of a clutch performance. LFC2 made a great coaching decision, putting #8 up front to win us the game. I humbly accept his acknowledgement of my killer instincts and superior abilities.

Wade who?

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Yoda,

What you witnessed today was a display of a clutch performance. LFC2 made a great coaching decision, putting #8 up front to win us the game. I humbly accept his acknowledgement of my killer instincts and superior abilities.

Wade who?

In reality, Dude's grouchiness was getting to me and the rest of the backline. Upon deliberation, we decided that Dude further away from our happy zone, is a happier and healthier LUFC CAT.

Belfast

Oct 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
P.A.U 4-Whalley 1
Three goals in the first 15 min (should of been four) sealed the deal in this one, Whalley I dont think even touched the ball in that duration. Although did battle back to ruin the shutout with Lilhank to finish non the less. I do recall Lilhank demanding Molson from our team if they won and he provides us with a whole assortment of beers and some Coors lite none the less. Whalley might need to have beers of the light variety but next time Canadian is the beer of choice for our group thanx. Anyway not too much shite happened in the game today and full credit to the ref as he was only 17 I thought he handled himself quite well. Cheers

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
SUFC 2 - Delta Metro 2

A very good game played by us today..... only if we did this every week.

Got off to a rough start as usual letting in 2 early goals about 15 minutes in. DMU had a very young team and both goals came on counters.....some of those kids got wheels. After that we just settled down and started to take it to them......had about 5 great chances to score before we got a pk near the end of the half.

second half was all SUFC ...... DMU did not create much and were content to sit back.....our finishing wasn't great as we missed about 7 great chances. Got the tying goal with 15 left to play off a corner.

Good to get a result and our team played well to come back after it looked like it might be a long afternoon again :D

Frevo

Oct 5, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well... there really is nothing I can say about our "performance" on sunday besides that it was just that. A performance... Chilliwack showed up with an army of subs again only this time no coach to delegate. Bad combo. I think that the frustration played a part in our game as we took a card for chirping and went a man down with over ten minutes to go. The field only stopped one goal as the slip-n-slide in front of goal did its thing in favour of ND this time. I like this league. You never know what the hell is going to happen from week to week. No excuses though. ND played wellat the back not allowing our trademark breakaway since we usually get one a week so I'll give credit where it's due... Speaking of which, that was an olympic quality dive to get the opening goal off the resulting free kick by ND in the corner. what ever works I guess.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
Langley 4 - GEU 2

Fairly even game i thought with Langley taking over in the last bit as GEU ran out of steam. .

Only saw the 2nd Half, Langley appeared to be in control.... Only recognized the GEU backline, everyone else new?

Also..whats with the Jerseys, Nice TShirts. ;)

Frevo

Oct 5, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here's something that a couple people mentioned over the weekend. How do we get linesmen? Why does U-16 have assitant's but Div CAT doesn't? that's kinda screwed. Is this something that the league has to do? Can teams do this individually?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Simply put: too few officials, & too high a cost overhead.

In the past, you could request it of the league, and for the extra $50.00, they'd supply linesmen. We did it a couple of time for President's Cup matches, and for meaningful games late in the season. If you can get the other team to split the costs for this, even better.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cryuff said:
Here's something that a couple people mentioned over the weekend. How do we get linesmen? Why does U-16 have assitant's but Div CAT doesn't? that's kinda screwed. Is this something that the league has to do? Can teams do this individually?

With the shortage of referees / linesmen the only people that are available are Youth linesmen. The League brass does not feel its acceptable to have 15 year old linesmen listening to a bunch of 25 year old wankers telling them to f*ck off and deal with the abuse.

I offered to pay for linesmen last season a couple times but there's simply no manpower on a regular Sunday Afternoon.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
suburbanator said:
Only saw the 2nd Half, Langley appeared to be in control.... Only recognized the GEU backline, everyone else new?

Also..whats with the Jerseys, Nice TShirts. ;)

The guys in t-shirts were our youth players and our coach. We didn't get a chance to gather up any spare ones from the premier game the night before so t-shirts it was.

Back line had 1 new face, mid was all brand new except for me and another guy who was probably hurt and off before you showed up. Front line was new as well with coach and a youth player filling thoses spots.
Next visit to our home pitch would show a similar team from last year as players return.

Knight Rhider

Jul 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cryuff said:
... Speaking of which, that was an olympic quality dive to get the opening goal off the resulting free kick by ND in the corner. what ever works I guess.

Are you implying that when your goon booted our player he took a dive. PLease buddy he almost lost a leg...

I'll like to say hello to the CAT room and all the cnuts in it I have neglected posting here because frankly it has become the room of Cryuff and i got a bad history dealing with chilli players :p

I was surprised at Chili they were not as good as I thought they would be. Both goals were handed to them, one from the ref as one of our defenders was doing the funky chicken in the box and a wild ball caught him on the elbow (to no advantage). And the other when our premier midfielder playing in net cleared the ball off his defenders leg into the back of the net. Chilli was lucky to get a tie.

And it has come time to give the THE DUMBEST SOCCER PLAYER OF THE YEAR AWARD it goes to the chilli player who got a red card. Get this, on a call against his player he screams at the top of his lungs "REF GET YOUR F-ING HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS" The ref reaches for a yellow asks him what he said, smarty pants from chilli calmly repeats it back to him. "I said to get you f-ing head out of your ass" ref shows him a red. Brilliant buddy refs love that. Right to his face, i guess they are not growing to many geniuses out there in chilli atleast they can still make corn :rolleyes:

ND rules :wa:

lilhank

Feb 17, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Belfast said:
P.A.U 4-Whalley 1
Three goals in the first 15 min (should of been four) sealed the deal in this one, Whalley I dont think even touched the ball in that duration. Although did battle back to ruin the shutout with Lilhank to finish non the less. I do recall Lilhank demanding Molson from our team if they won and he provides us with a whole assortment of beers and some Coors lite none the less. Whalley might need to have beers of the light variety but next time Canadian is the beer of choice for our group thanx. Anyway not too much shite happened in the game today and full credit to the ref as he was only 17 I thought he handled himself quite well. Cheers

Yep we came out flat and that's all there is to it. No excuses. Also thought the young fella in the middle did a good job. As for the beer maybe you shouldn't send the breadman over to do a beerman's job. I told him the canadian was in my truck I just had to go get it to which he replied:" ah, just give us what you got in the cooler" and anyways Belfast I'm not one to judge a man but perhaps a few coors lite could do you good! Good game by PAU full credit for putting it away early. Hopefully Whalley learnt a lesson. If you really are hung up about the beer I will gladly drive a six pack to where ever you want it just so I don't have to listen to your shite! :eek: Until next time...

Belfast

Oct 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jesus lilhank, you are right in saying you are not one to judge a man, I have ten years on you and you still got me by about 20 lbs. I wasnt even going to bring up the whole overweight issue on what seems to be a young team. We had a laugh at your team sheet only one guy is listed at over 200lbs wholly fcuk step on a scale once in a while. I think one of the young defenders probably had a bowel movement that day for what was the stated weight on the team sheet. A ref even said they call you guys the Whalley wablers O.K sorry, you see what a can of worms giving an Irish man lite beer does. Cheers

lilhank

Feb 17, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Belfast said:
Jesus lilhank, you are right in saying you are not one to judge a man, I have ten years on you and you still got me by about 20 lbs. I wasnt even going to bring up the whole overweight issue on what seems to be a young team. We had a laugh at your team sheet only one guy is listed at over 200lbs wholly fcuk step on a scale once in a while. I think one of the young defenders probably had a bowel movement that day for what was the stated weight on the team sheet. A ref even said they call you guys the Whalley wablers O.K sorry, you see what a can of worms giving an Irish man lite beer does. Cheers
Try to help the irish and look what happens...

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This weeks results and Standings:

Poco City Dominion 3 GN Sporting Club 1
Peace Arch Utd. 4 Whalley Rangers 1
SUFC Lions 2 Delta Metro United 2
Langley United FC 4 GEU Ultra 2
North Delta Lions 2 Chilliwack Rapids 2

# Team PTS
1 North Delta Lions 17
2 Chilliwack Rapids 14
3 LUFC United 13
4 Peace Arch United 12
5 Whalley Rangers 11
6 DMU United 11
7 GEU Ultra 9
8 PoCo City Dominion 9
9 Sikh United Lions 1
10 GN Sporting Club 0

Bastard Lions still haven't lost yet and Sikh pull off a tie against DMU. Well done boys!!!

I'll have this weeks MOTW up in the next little while.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
This weeks predictions

1)I predict that GEU now will make a run for the top.

2)Cupcake is back this weekend along with 5 other college players.

3)Yoda is going to lose more time to Len this week :D

90 minutes last week for Len.....Yoda you need to step up to the old guys level....the speed on that man is untouchable!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0