Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FIFA 2010 World Cup

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
goalline technology?! It'll go through now that the FA has been 'robbed'

anyone else sick of Nigel Reid commentating on CBC sounding upset as England was gubbed?! You're at work man, separate personal from work!

oldtimer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sets up a superb quarter-final (maybe) Germany-Argentina should be a great offensive game, the way football should be played

Whitehart

Oct 7, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Capello is basically a high functioning retard. As a neutral (although I'd have to admit I was pulling for Zee Germans as I think that Lampard and Rooney are both tw4ts of the highest order):
1) Emile Heskey?! Surely you jest.
2) Joe Cole on the bench!? He has more skill in his left foot's blisters than the rest of that squad in red tops
3) John Terry is the most overrated footballer on the planet
4) England needs to send some kids, like 5 or 6, somewhere else in the world like Brazil or Spain to train some keepers.
5) Golden Generation ma arse... The England side of the early to mid nineties would hump this lot.

His tactical adjustments just didn't make sense. Why does he have Lampard and Gerrard on the field at the same time? They're the same fcuking player!

If I had the misfortune of managing that lot I'd go with:
---------------------------Rooney----------------------------
Cole----------------------Lampard-----------Lennon/Milner
--------------Gerrard-------------Barry/Carrick-------------
Cole-------------Terry---Insert shite cb here-----Johnson
---------------------------GK(sic)----------------------------

or

-----------------------------Rooney---------------------------
Cole--------------------------------------------------Gerrard
----------------Lampard-----------Barry/Carrick-----------
Cole--------------------------------------------------Johnson
---------------Upson------Terry-------Dawson/king---------
------------------------GK(sic)--------------------------------

Wouldn't matter what England team were on the pitch JBN, Germany put on a master class, personally I think Cappelo would've done a better job coaching Italy this year

Oh well, the best teams are still in it, what can you do:(

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As choked as I am at England's performance today, I do feel that if the Lampard disallowed goal had counted it would have changed the game and allowed England to counter rather than be countered against - something that ripped them apart.

Capello had no plan B.

The FA needs to address some glaring issues in the English game as it relates to the Premier League that is limiting the development of English players (same could be said of Seria A). The Bundesliga is the exact opposite.

How many players in the German line up could have played for other nations? Podolski (Poland), Gomes (Spain), Ozil (Turkey), Boateng (Ghana - his brother does), Khedira (Tunisia).

Watched the game at the John B in Coquitlam and it was standing room only! Absolutely packed!!!! Unbelievable atmosphere (until the German 4th goal) in a sea of Red and White!

Whitehart

Oct 7, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
_48189916_lampard_nogoal640.jpg

This was a joke, we don't even need goal line technology when a ball hits the cross bar twice and comes out it has to be a goal.... It's backspin :mad:

Would it slow down the German counter attack... probably not

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congratulations to all ZE Germans on the site. :) To all the English, the team wasn't good enough this year.......not even remotely good enough. Yes, it was a blown call but I didn't see the refs give up 4 goals on some quality football.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hope ze Germans stuff the Argies next round. Two games in a row where their first goal shouldn't have counted. Maradona must have a lot of horseshoes. As for Messi I don't care how good he is because he is a ball hog. He wants a goal so bad that even though his mates are wide open he tries to take on 3-4 guys every time. As for the England game yeah they were robbed but the Germans are at another level compared to them. England, Italy, France and even Greece need a major overhaul and an infusion of youth like Germany.

As for the officiating I don't even know what to say anymore. Too easy to blame them when FIFA can make it easier on them and save face a little.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now we can only hope Portugal get a crap call against them to complete a perfect World Cup. It would be awful if it was something to do with the biggest cocksocket in the tournament, CR.

Law5

May 8, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm glad that Germany got a couple more after 2, since otherwise the goal that wasn't would have been a lot bigger deal. still pretty bad and a game changer, but england was truly outplayed and properly put away.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As choked as I am at England's performance today, I do feel that if the Lampard disallowed goal had counted it would have changed the game and allowed England to counter rather than be countered against - something that ripped them apart.

Capello had no plan B.

The FA needs to address some glaring issues in the English game as it relates to the Premier League that is limiting the development of English players (same could be said of Seria A). The Bundesliga is the exact opposite.

How many players in the German line up could have played for other nations? Podolski (Poland), Gomes (Spain), Ozil (Turkey), Boateng (Ghana - his brother does), Khedira (Tunisia).

Watched the game at the John B in Coquitlam and it was standing room only! Absolutely packed!!!! Unbelievable atmosphere (until the German 4th goal) in a sea of Red and White!

Agreed that the disallowed goal sure changed the game decisively the German way. Agree too that it is time for technology or at least crooked goal judges at the net as that was brutal. England had the possession in their favour until the first goal which was both brilliantly taken and a great play by the German keeper. The second goal still didn't crush them entirely but showed the England back line for what it was - more holes than Swiss cheese. The disallowed goal ended the game.

David James if he kept his mouth half shut might have done better. He was screaming far too much.

For all the money England and some other teams pay these coaches it sure doesn't show up and didn't in the organization of the England back line. Is that really the best they have?

The only good thing for me watching is that the rain held off as we watched outside the pub as the drinks are a lot cheaper at 711 here in Lan Kwai Fong and Bar George does a nice job of two outdoor TV screens in the upper windows where the cheap 711 crowd can mingle with their paying customers. Of course here in Hong Kong you can drink any where you want pretty much. I have the wrong cable company and the internet feed from adthe.net doesn't hold long especially in games with lots of viewers. About to go to the same place in a couple of hours but today it is raining a lot so might have break down and go inside at triple or quadruple the prices.
attachment.php

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Capello is basically a high functioning retard. As a neutral (although I'd have to admit I was pulling for Zee Germans as I think that Lampard and Rooney are both tw4ts of the highest order):
1) Emile Heskey?! Surely you jest.
2) Joe Cole on the bench!? He has more skill in his left foot's blisters than the rest of that squad in red tops
3) John Terry is the most overrated footballer on the planet
4) England needs to send some kids, like 5 or 6, somewhere else in the world like Brazil or Spain to train some keepers.
5) Golden Generation ma arse... The England side of the early to mid nineties would hump this lot.

His tactical adjustments just didn't make sense. Why does he have Lampard and Gerrard on the field at the same time? They're the same fcuking player!

If I had the misfortune of managing that lot I'd go with:
---------------------------Rooney----------------------------
Cole----------------------Lampard-----------Lennon/Milner
--------------Gerrard-------------Barry/Carrick-------------
Cole-------------Terry---Insert shite cb here-----Johnson
---------------------------GK(sic)----------------------------

or

-----------------------------Rooney---------------------------
Cole--------------------------------------------------Gerrard
----------------Lampard-----------Barry/Carrick-----------
Cole--------------------------------------------------Johnson
---------------Upson------Terry-------Dawson/king---------
------------------------GK(sic)--------------------------------

A high functioning retard eh ??!!

I guess the president’s of AC Milan and Real Madrid must’ve thought the same when he got hired and won numerous Serie A titles and a Champions League title :rolleyes:

Simple fact of the matter is that England weren’t good enough. You can blame Capello for tactics, team selection but at the end of the day, it’s the fcuking players that have to do the business on the field. They didn’t – full stop.

Those same players admirably performed through qualifying and pissed on some very good teams. When they landed in South Africa, that changed ….. None of them were any good no matter which team they played against and for me, you can’t fault Capello for that. Yes, Heskey is a donkey but looking at that team of 23, is there any on that team that aren’t ??

The Lampard / Gerrard argument has been raging for years so seriously man, you’re fcuking beating a dead horse here. In fact, you’re fcuking boring me with your small minded views on things that have been talked to death about for years amongst England media and supporters.

Do us all a favour and concentrate on working out team selection & tactics for Scotland or the Dutch or whoever the fcuk you’re supporting :rolleyes:

cside17

Better Bastard
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Osama Bin Laden has just appeared in a new tv message proving he is
still alive. He said the English football team were f****g s**t last
night. British Intelligence have dismissed it saying it could have been
recorded at any time during the last 40 years.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0