Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FIFA 2010 World Cup

oldtimer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't understand why the commentators are blaming the AR, saying he was not in position to make the call.....he was exactly where he should have been, in line with the second last defender (not counting the goalie)...so positionally he was OK..but where was he looking is the question?

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
oldtimer said:
Don't understand why the commentators are blaming the AR, saying he was not in position to make the call.....he was exactly where he should have been, in line with the second last defender (not counting the goalie)...so positionally he was OK..but where was he looking is the question?
As the ball passes the second last defender the AR is supposed to be in line with the ball, when lampard shot it the AR was about 12 yds off the line he makes a short sprint and surely he can't miss that call....

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whew, that was close.

James almost got hit by the ball but just got out of the way in time.

Again.

ze Germans 3 now.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
As the ball passes the second last defender the AR is supposed to be in line with the ball, when lampard shot it the AR was about 12 yds off the line he makes a short sprint and surely he can't miss that call....

The ref is in a better visual position then thr AR. I saw it clear as day on my HD TV live.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Capello is basically a high functioning retard. As a neutral (although I'd have to admit I was pulling for Zee Germans as I think that Lampard and Rooney are both tw4ts of the highest order):
1) Emile Heskey?! Surely you jest.
2) Joe Cole on the bench!? He has more skill in his left foot's blisters than the rest of that squad in red tops
3) John Terry is the most overrated footballer on the planet
4) England needs to send some kids, like 5 or 6, somewhere else in the world like Brazil or Spain to train some keepers.
5) Golden Generation ma arse... The England side of the early to mid nineties would hump this lot.

His tactical adjustments just didn't make sense. Why does he have Lampard and Gerrard on the field at the same time? They're the same fcuking player!

If I had the misfortune of managing that lot I'd go with:
---------------------------Rooney----------------------------
Cole----------------------Lampard-----------Lennon/Milner
--------------Gerrard-------------Barry/Carrick-------------
Cole-------------Terry---Insert shite cb here-----Johnson
---------------------------GK(sic)----------------------------

or

-----------------------------Rooney---------------------------
Cole--------------------------------------------------Gerrard
----------------Lampard-----------Barry/Carrick-----------
Cole--------------------------------------------------Johnson
---------------Upson------Terry-------Dawson/king---------
------------------------GK(sic)--------------------------------

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How many times was it said the Italians were old, the English team just as old! Goodbye to a very average OVERRATED England generation.

Was Rooney in South Africa?

Join the club boys!

oldtimer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Capello is basically a high functioning retard. As a neutral (although I'd have to admit I was pulling for Zee Germans as I think that Lampard and Rooney are both tw4ts of the highest order):
1) Emile Heskey?! Surely you jest.
2) Joe Cole on the bench!? He has more skill in his left foot's blisters than the rest of that squad in red tops
3) John Terry is the most overrated footballer on the planet
4) England needs to send some kids, like 5 or 6, somewhere else in the world like Brazil or Spain to train some keepers.
5) Golden Generation ma arse... The England side of the early to mid nineties would hump this lot.

His tactical adjustments just didn't make sense. Why does he have Lampard and Gerrard on the field at the same time? They're the same fcuking player!

If I had the misfortune of managing that lot I'd go with:
---------------------------Rooney----------------------------
Cole----------------------Lampard-----------Lennon/Milner
--------------Gerrard-------------Barry/Carrick-------------
Cole-------------Terry---Insert shite cb here-----Johnson
---------------------------GK(sic)----------------------------
Ahem.....don't you have Gerrard and Lampard on at the same time.....

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, I know... it's a shambles...

I'd have put Carrick out there, or scholes, or someone, but I have no clue who else was brought to South Africa...

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0