Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FIFA 2010 World Cup

cside17

Better Bastard
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
"You're just a small part of Scotland"... too funny

In the jungle, the South African jungle, 3 lions sleep tonight ....
....coz in the morning, the early morning,
they have to catch a flight.
No win away no win away no win away no win away

OXO are introducing a new white oxo cube with a red cross on it to support the

England team. It will be called the laughing STOCK.

David Blaine is gutted because his record for doing **** all in a box for 42 days has been broken...... by Wayne Rooney

England have just announced flood warning alerts as 5 million Scots piss themselves laughing

Bigun

Aug 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can't believe how little air time the offside part of that goal got. That said, Spain were much better. I have no time for the Spanish antics that got Costa sent of. Rubbish and ruined, for me, a great performance. Ironic that it was used against the Portugese who are usually the masters of such tactics. Ronaldo was invisible. but in fairness, what can he do if they don't have the ball?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sets up two compelling games for me...
Brazil v Holland will be a great game, either team could win, although Brazil are easily the favorites... and really I see the Dutch as the only team left on that side of the bracket with the offensive weapons to threaten their keeping and defense. If the dutch back line can bend but not break and they use the width and speed they can be deadly on the counter, especially with Robben finding form again.

Argentina v Germany is going to be an awesome game to watch, perhaps the best of the lot... again the teams strengths and weaknesses (if any) match up well. Friedrich, Mertesacker and Lahm will have their hands full with Messi & co... but I'm not sold on Demechelis and Burdisso/Samuel at the back against that German midfield and Klose/Podolski

Spain is going to gub Paraguay and Ghana vs Uruguay is perhaps going to be a good match to watch, but for me it is a game to see who is going to the roadkill for the winner of the Brazil Holland game.

I can't believe we have to wait till Friday for more action! :(

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not a Christina fan, but is it possible he was just spitting?
Perhaps but just before that the camera was on him and he kinda turned and went towards it but the camera feed switched somewhere else before coming back... the look on Christina's face before he spat looked a little suspicious.

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can't believe how little air time the offside part of that goal got. That said, Spain were much better. I have no time for the Spanish antics that got Costa sent of. Rubbish and ruined, for me, a great performance. Ironic that it was used against the Portugese who are usually the masters of such tactics. Ronaldo was invisible. but in fairness, what can he do if they don't have the ball?

Apparently FIFA have put the kibosh on "negative replays" in the stadiums and also on negative comments from the broadcasters and analysts because this got no play. I've just watched it several times and the goal was clearly offside. I don't think the assistant referee realized that there was an extra touch by Xavi, a sweeping back heel, that sent the ball directly to Villa, who was at least a yard offside. He was not offside when the original ball was played through by Ianesta. Oh well, at least the better team did win...and the better team also won in the other 2 games with controversial goals. Going to be interesting when the better team loses a game on a blown call.

Looking forward to the day I can throw a red challenge flag at Bronco or Rene :cool:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's good to see Paraguay through to the next round...

Attachments

• paraguay1.jpg
    paraguay1.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 72
  • paraguay2.jpg
    paraguay2.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 63
  • paraguay3.jpg
    paraguay3.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 60

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Same with Spain, though more like Casillas and his bird...

Attachments

• spain1.jpg
    spain1.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 51
  • spain.jpg
    spain.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 53

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars