Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

English Premiership News 2003/2004

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Romanian international Mutu heads for Chelsea
First Published: Aug 09, 2003

English big-spenders Chelsea confirmed they had agreed a fee with Parma for Romanian striker Adrian Mutu.

In a statement, London club Chelsea also said: "Discussions will now take place between Chelsea and the player over the proposed transfer."

According to press reports in Italy, Chelsea were set to pay Parma 22.5 million euros (15.8 million pounds) for Mutu.

That would take English Premiership outfit Chelsea's spending under new owner Roman Abramovich over the 75 million pounds mark since the Russian businessman bought the Stamford Bridge club on July 1.

Under Abramovich, Chelsea have already signed new players such as Juan Sebastian Veron, Joe Cole, Wayne Bridge, Damien Duff, Geremi and Glen Johnson.

Mutu, 24, scored 17 goals for Parma in Italy's Seria A last season as well as four in the UEFA Cup.

But he was left out of Parma's trip to England this weekend where they are taking part in a pre-season tournament, sparking speculation over his future.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For Walks and Atts.......

MANCHESTER UTD MEMBERSHIP

DO YOU COME FROM MANCHESTER?

DO YOU HAVE RELATIVES IN MANCHESTER?

DO YOU LIVE NEAR MANCHESTER?

If you say NO to these three questions, you are an ideal person to become a fan of

MANCHESTER UNITED

Yes, this is your big chance to join the ever-growing army of glory hunting cnuts who can be seen around the country in the colours of The Scum. To join the newly formed club, simply send in a map with a cross marking where you think the city of Manchester is. In the unlikely event of there being two correct entries and thus a tie, fill in the tiebreak question at the bottom of the page.

* YOU COULD WIN *

FIRST PRIZE: Brand new, '03’ registration Ford Bandwagon for you and the others to jump on. This prestige vehicle comes with many features, including stereo radio (pre-set to come on at 4:45pm every Saturday as you, of course, won't be at the game).

SECOND PRIZE: One year’s supply of new design Manchester United replica shirts. These will be despatched to you weekly.

THIRD PRIZE: A complete supply of Manchester United programmes from the games that you have attended. Both will be sent in the same envelope.

Tie Breaker (in no more than 12 words)

I feel it necessary to follow a football team that I have absolutely no connection with because:

.......................................................................... ..............................................

Name: .......................................................................... .....................

Address: .......................................................................... ..................

Mental Age:...........................................................

Your home town: London / Basildon / Torquay / Tokyo / Wales / Manchester…

Your big match seat: Sofa / Armchair / in bed (with "I still love David Beckham" snug bedspread)

Your view: Biased / Blocked (picture of Beckham) / Blocked (beer belly)

Have you ever considered going to Old Trafford? __________

Where were YOU when United were shite? (Please account for all 28 years until 1992) ________________

TICK all the teams that you've supported over the past five years: Blackburn Rovers ______
Leeds United _______ Arsenal _______ Other (perhaps champions in another country?) ________

TICK all the teams you'll be supporting next year? Liverpool________ Glasgow Celtic_______
Real Madrid_________ Brazil_________ Anyone else who wins a lot___________

Number of your mates who now support United? ________

Number of Mancunians (if any): __________

Number claiming to be lifelong United fans? ___________

Replica Kit Opinion Section what colour would you like next seasons kits to be

Home kit: _____________

Away kit: _____________

Second Away kit: _____________

Third Away Kit: _____________

Fourth Away Kit: _____________

Fifth Away Kit: _____________

Special Ltd Edition Away Kit: _____________

Feb 29th Leap Year Day Kit: _____________

Sunday Afternoon kit: _____________

Monday Evening Exclusively Sponsored by Ford and Sky WWW page kit: _____________

Midweek Print-your-own-Money European Super League kit: _____________

Off season Second-Thursday of every month Morning Practice Training Kit sponsored by Pepsi and Spice Girls:_____________

Do you intend buying them all? _____________

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cheeky bugger ........

Fasty,

Any chance you can nip down to JJB and sort me out the 'Off season Second-Thursday of every month Morning Practice Training Kit sponsored by Pepsi and Spice Girls' kit ........ I've been looking for that fcuker for ages .......... :rolleyes:

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A brief Yorkshire update for those who have failed to notice what major ins the club has obtained this summer. The use of the word "major" is up for interpretation.

Jody Morris from Chelsea. His departure from the club seemed inevitable with the mass influx of, well, more talented players. He hasn't done much since being capped as a U-21 and was actually struggling to make a decision between joining either Leeds or Cardiff at one point this summer. Methinks he may be a bit overwhelmed at the prospect of trying to fill 1/8th of the void left by Kewell. I always had a soft spot for Jody while he was with Chelsea, but that may have been due more for the fact that he and Dennis Wise were the only Englishmen in the 1st squad. Now I just pray he can get the ball to Viduka's feet.

Leeds then pulled the ol' rabbit out by inking two French league "standouts", Domi and Camara, the latter of which has actually been capped by Les Bleus. Risdale and company would have been the dogs danglies (copyright, Fastshow inc.) had they done this in say, oh, I dunno, 1998. You know, when the whole French explosion was really taking off. Although at this time, the club was prepping itself for a future filled with idiotic buys (Keane, Fowler) which would ultimately be its downfall.

Anyways, back to the French. Outside of Cisse (who is still w/Auxerre, I believe), the domestic sides are void of the players who made France an international power over the past six years. Domi and Camara strike me as longshots to make an impression in the Premiership, more hopefuls than anything which is basically all you can do when you're constantly getting players on loan. Dacourt and Kewell both jumped ship which means a fraction of the 2001 CL semifinalist team is still intact. I don't know how much more of the load Viduka can be expected to handle, and with Smith's temper and the inevitable extra attention he'll be getting this season.....aaah, it doesn't look good.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Glen Gibbons on Fergie's abusive attitude.

THE ageing process does not necessarily diminish ambition, but it does, inevitably, bring a realisation that certain goals are no longer achievable. The natural consequence is a reduction in the number of objectives about which it is possible to fantasise.

Picking the six numbers in the national lottery, or all of the winners in the Tote’s potentially life-changing Scoop6 bet on a Saturday, for example, remain possibilities, however remote; kicking a ball for Scotland or becoming a scratch golfer patently do not. Of the (very few) regrets that cause this veteran columnist the occasional pang, perhaps the most irritating is never having been in a position to be victimised or betrayed by Sir Alex Ferguson.

Juan Sebastian Veron is the latest target for this peculiar form of maltreatment, claiming the other day that the Manchester United manager had "betrayed" him. The Argentine midfielder’s punishment was to be sent to London, there to occupy a luxury apartment at Chelsea Harbour and play for the local Premiership football club for more money than he was earning at Old Trafford.

He is likely, indeed, to be paid more than the aggregate earnings of the entire staff of his closest Harvey Nichols. Nor is Veron the first to be so shabbily manipulated. He is, in fact, merely the latest in what seems to be an ever-lengthening line of brutalised unfortunates.

A few years ago, Paul Ince was similarly despatched, exiled to a life of almost intolerable luxury in Milan. He, too, wailed about Ferguson’s monstrous behaviour. Well, at least until he got to the elegance capital of Italy and earned fortunes from Internazionale.

It was the turn of Jaap Stam two years ago, the big Dutch defender banished to an expensively-appointed villa in Rome, there to be allowed the peace and quiet in which to contemplate the dramatic wages and signing-on fee he would take from Lazio.

Stam’s initial diatribe against his former manager, made soon after his departure from Old Trafford, was modified recently, when it emerged that he was of interest to Arsenal. Through his agent, Jaap let it be known that the life of a refugee was not so bad, after all. "If Jaap ever moved from Lazio," said the agent, "it would be only to Milan or Turin".

I intend to spend as long as it takes trying to figure a way of getting on Fergie’s bad side.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Becks Who?

After watching Ronaldo play for Man U. today I don't think it will take long for the wonder kid to surpass that former #7. He has blistering pace and knocks in crosses that are no different from Beckham. Van Nistelrooy and him should make some magic toogether for years to come.

Fcuking Man U. continue to come up with the goods.

Parkhead

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
United's score was a little flattering especially when you eliminate the third goal which was a disgraceful miss by the linesman. Almost as bad as the one in Seattle. Anyway, if I were a United fan, I would not be pleased with the backline. Everyone's talking about the midfield but the backline was very lucky at times today and looked out of sorts.

The new Ronaldo was fcuking magic and Jembe Jembe(sp?) is a tough midfielder who will help. Van Nistlerooy looked very ordinary today, as he squandered several chances before scoring. He even had difficulty with his first touch today. Keane controlled things very well in the middle today and was an excellent link between the backs and midfielders. Howard looked solid but the backline was certainly suspect throughout.......Overall though, United will still be a tough team for anyone to beat, especially if they add one/two SOLID defenders. It doesn't look like they are going to have problems scoring goals again.......

Captain

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain,

Maybe so, but when your playing a team that is closer to Nationwide football than Premiership football, they are going to upset you at times like they do at Cup times. Especially early in the game.

United still need a defender, no doubt. Neville just doesn't do it. He may win balls but does nothing with it when he gets it except give it to someone else. Probably a good thing! :rolleyes:

I don't think Bolton threated too many times to say the score was flattering to United.

Ruud did miss a penalty which (we hope) is a regular thing, and he missed a hat trick of chances (including the PK) that he usually puts away. He was less than ordinary today which is a rare thing.

Ronaldo looks the part! As United supporters, we are salivating about the potential of this kid. A great way to be introduced to the English game. His first touch resulted in a tough tackle from a Bolton player.

Scholes is class... although I can't understand how the linesman and referee missed the touch off Ruud for his goal. Paul's side of the foot chip into Ruud on Giggs' second goal was magic.

After hearing that Campbell was sent off in the 25 minute of the Arse/Everton game, I really thought it was all rosy for United. But being down a man throughout a large portion of the game and still winning against a team that is battling for place in Europe does say something about their quality. :mad:

Cheers

DJ

Red Forever

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I will admit that Ronaldo looked REALLY good and once United scored that second goal it was all over.
Once again though it seems united catch a couple of breaks. On the first goal I think there still looking for the second shooter on Van Nistlemule. How the linesman missed that deflection only the 50,000 ****neys in Old Trafford will know!!
They do look good again this season.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jonesy,

Do you not think United looked very flat for most of the first half? That is what I meant by the comment. In the second half, it was a different story, but Bolton had about a 10 minute spell when it was 1- 0 and had a few chances around the box. Howard did well with the shots. Of course, United deserved to win the game but the 4 - 0 might have been a bit harsh? What do I know? I support Celtic and we were stuffed by the same score, so we must be as good as the Premier team who will be playing Nationwide next year. :)

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed

The Captain is spot on his with his comments on the United game today including the contention that it really wasn't a 4 - 0 game.

When you get an offside goal against you where this game was played when you are down 2 zip, it has to be totally deflating.

Ronaldo looks to be promising superstar and at Man U. if his style will blend with that of the team. Some of his moves were incredible after losing the ball the first two times he had it. This is not a criticism as he looks as good as they say he is supposed to be. When Ronaldo entered the game following a huge ovation with Man leading 1-0, Bolton had a two minute spell where they looked great with the ball and Man U looked like they might not get it back.

Eric Djemba-Dejemba showed well when he came on and had the ball. He looks like he fits whether he is going forward or defending. What a tough line up to crack consistently.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ronaldo looks to be a future star but there is another eighteen year-old about to explode on the EPL. Liverpool's Anthony Le Tallec has been absolutely lighting up in the preseason and was about to be unleashed on Chelsea when Cheyrou picked up an injury and the sub was used on him instead. You will see ALT soon and you will think to yourself: A STAR IS BORN or something along those lines I'm sure. Unless you're a Man U fan then you will think: We spent twelve million pounds on our obviously homosexual portuguese teenager so he must be better than Liverpools player. In other news, Mendieta just signed a one year loan deal with Boro. What the fcuk is he thinking? Fastshow must have offered him a c.d. of kazaa downloads and a free bag of sour cream 'n onion chips.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mendieta to 'Boro ......

Wow ....... huge loan deal for Boro. I'm sure Steve McLaren is well chuffed after not being able to sign a replacement for Geremi this off season.

Mendieta struggled in Serie A (probably due to the snails pace the game is played at in Italy :D ) but hopefully will make good at the Riverside.

I can see it now ........ Fasty strolling around Islington with his Mendieta shirt on giving the gooners the V sign :D .

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lonely.

New Manchester United sensation, Cristiano Ronaldo, has a guilty secret - he wanted to sign for Liverpool. (The Mirror)

The mirror then goes on to say. He had wanted to join the same club as his lover, Anthony Le Tellac.:p

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Liza Minelli's mandolin.........

They were crisps. And cheese and onion ones at that. Posh ones.

Strolling is gay. I don't stroll. I walk more at a canter. Just not in Islington, not any more. Don't live there anymore, you see. Now I'm in Millwall territory. Do try and keep up. Even if I can't.

I just wish I could say the silly cnut's Christian name. I'd like to buy a vowel please, Alex.

This weekend I will be mostly watching Newcastle-Man Ure at St. James's on Saturday before embarking, yes, embarking to The Riverside to watch the 'boro play the Arse. As you do. Or as I do. Someone does. Like me.

Bank holidays are super-duper.

Whirlwind

Aug 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well

England 3 Dodgy eastern europeans you should never trust 1. And as far as Ronaldo going to liverpool ya sure Scouse Robbin Bastards:wa: :wa:

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whos Next!

Chelsea close to snapping up Crespo
First Published: Aug 21, 2003

Big-spending English Premiership side Chelsea are close to signing Inter Milan's Argentine ace Hernan Crespo, according to Italian media reports.

Inter directors Marco Branca and Gabriele Oriali were reported to be in London along with Crespo's agent Fernando Hidalgo trying to thrash out a deal with the Stamford Bridge club.

"Hernan's future is uncertain. The player and Inter will take a decision when Chelsea present an offer," Hidalgo told Thursday's edition of the Corriere dello Sport.

The paper said Chelsea were preparing to table a 33 million euro (36.2 million dollar) offer for the 28-year-old striker and that the transfer could be completed within days.

Chelsea have signed a number of big names since Russian oil tycoon Roman Abramovich took over the club, but are still looking for another striker to increase their attacking options.

The London club had originally been interested in Crespo's Inter team-mate Christian Vieri, but were told the Italy international was not for sale at any price.

Should Crespo join Chelsea he would team up with good friend and international colleague Juan Sebastian Veron, who was sold by Manchester United to the Londoners earlier this month.

Crespo has scored 108 goals in Serie A, won the UEFA Cup with Parma in 1999, and scored 19 goals in 36 matches for his country.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0