Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

English Premiership News 2003/2004

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shoc-king .....

you would'nt happen to be a bit bitter that Kewell turned down you scum to come to Liverpool would you??

Ummm ..... No. Why the fcuk would we want Kewell ?? So we can put him on the bench behind Giggsy ??

Oh well it'll make it even more fun to laugh at you lot this season!!!

Wow ...... haven't won the league in what 13 or 14 years and you're in the UEFA Cup this season :rolleyes: , how does it feel having nothing to play for even before the season's started ??

what the hell is whinger Fergie doing selling half your mid??

Agreed ....... he's a bloody fool. Fcuking season kicks off in less than two weeks and we still don't have a right midfielder. Fcuk ....

Then again according to dickhead Keano EVERYONE should want to play for the scum!!!!

That dickhead has won more trophies than the whole of Liverpool combined mate. Gerrard and Murphy could only dream about being half the player that Keano is.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Funny enough, Keano IS only half a player. Highly overrated and if Man U does in fact deal away Veron, you guys have zero, ZERO distribution in the middle :rolleyes:

~Regs.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bloody Liverpool fans ..........

and if Man U does in fact deal away Veron, you guys have zero, ZERO distribution in the middle

Pretty much agreed Regs ........ Scholes is still a major catalyst through the middle though but if Veron goes, we're fcuked.

Keane did have a shite season last year since he was either suspended, injured or not 100% fit. This year should prove different I believe as he'll be back to his best controlling the middle of the park. He's still a massive presence even though he's not all over the park like he used to be. Plus, he doesn't drink as much now which has to effect your performance on the field :D.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
After seeing Gerrard's latest antics against Galatasarray(sp?), he will be spending more than half the season suspended. He is a fcuking idiot. He is looking more and more like Keane everyday......As for this season, my favorite team in England, Tottenham, will finish in the top six. They have added some quality finishers(Bobby Zamora and Freddi Canoute) to a team which struggled to score goals last year. If Canoute stays healthy, Zamora will have a huge year. He has a great knack for the goal.

**** the big Arse and of course, Liverpool, who we(CELTIC) stuffed last year in the UEFA Cup. Is Liverpool playing in Europe? I can't really say much about United because they stuffed us but how about....Where is Beckham/Veron now? :rolleyes:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another decent signing for Chelsea.....

COLE LAST OUT OF THE UPTON PARK EXIT DOOR
Tuesday 5th August 2003

Cole: bid accepted

More Football stories:

Domi joins Leeds on year's loan
Saints agree fee for Phillips

Top Scorers
Tables
Results
Fixtures

Chelsea have agreed a fee with West Ham for England midfielder Joe Cole.

The cash-strapped Hammers have accepted an offer of £6.6million from the Stamford Bridge moneybags.

West Ham have already seen Trevor Sinclair, Les Ferdinand and Glen Johnson leave since being relegated, but appear to have kept hold of Jermain Defoe after Trevor Brooking hinted that the club would only be making "one more significant sale", this summer.

That sale aappears to be Cole, who will now travel across London to discuss terms with the Blues and is likely to follow Frank Lampard and Johnson in moving from Upton Park to Stamford Bridge.

The news comes just hours after Russian owner Roman Abramovich promised three more signings to go with Johnson, Damien Duff, Wayne Bridge and Geremi.

His contract runs out at the end of next season and in a statement, the Hammers said they had agreed Cole would not sign a new one - and insisted that is the end to their summer clear-out.

"Everyone at the club is extremely sorry to see Joe leave Upton Park but wish him the very best of luck at his new club," read the statement.

"Following 18 months of very amicable discussions between Joe, the Club, his father and his agents, it was made clear that Joe would not consider extending his contract past its expiry at the end of the coming season, believing that his international career would be enhanced by regular European club competition experience.

"This transfer now ensures that no further sales will be necessary following the financial implications of relegation and that all future offers will be decided by the manager on a team selection basis rather than by the board on a financial one.

"The priority now will be bringing players in to strengthen the squad ahead of the forthcoming season."

Could Chelsea have enough this year to win the Premiership? They're not far away.....

Red Forever

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good Laugh

God you United fans make me laugh, Gerrard is twice the player Keane is. I seem to remember a certain cup final last year when Keane was played off the park by a certain no17. Keane is past it and Gerrard is only 23. Other than Viera, Gerrard is the most complete centre mid in Britain. Tell you what I'd much rather have Gerrard and Murphy than Keane and Fortune!!!
Yeah tell you what I'm absolutely quaking at the thought of my reds going up against Bobby Zamora and Spurs!! Nuff said
Oh and as for Giggs ahead of Kewell well come on now! But tell you what that Howard looks like an awesome buy!!

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You are a beauty ......

Tell you what I'd much rather have Gerrard and Murphy than Keane and Fortune!!!

RF,

For the love of God man ....... Fortune plays out wide. Are you thinking of Scholes per chance ?? :rolleyes:

I do think both Gerrard and Murphy are very good players but as Captain said, Gerrard is a fcuking idiot. He does a lot of stupid things that have hurt Liverpool in the past and will do so again this year. If the prat learnt that he can't hit 50 yard balls across the pitch like Beckham can, he'd be a decent player. I've never seen a centre half give up the ball so much ......... fcuking awful.

revolutionary

May 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Veron

Walks, you were saying??? This could be an interesting season at Old Trafford!

Man Utd. sells Veron to Chelsea

Chelsea, bought over the summer by Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich, has now spent almost $135.7 million Cdn on new signings.

LONDON (AP) - Manchester United has accepted a 15-million-pound ($33.9 million Cdn) offer from Chelsea for Argentine midfielder Juan Sebastian Veron.

On Tuesday the Blues bought England midfielder Joe Cole from West Ham for 6.6 million pounds ($14.9 million Cdn).

Veron arrived in London on Wednesday and was expected to sign a four-year contract and begin a medical.

Veron's agent Fernando Hidalgo indicated the Argentine, who moved to Old Trafford two years ago for 28 million pounds ($63.3 million Cdn) from Italian side Lazio, did not want to leave United.

"He is happy," Hidalgo said. "It has been a club (Manchester United) decision and he has accepted it. He is ready to do the best he can with this new opportunity at Chelsea."

"When decisions are made, everyone has to follow the consequences. Seba (Veron) is proud to join Chelsea, but it was not his intention to leave the club (United)."

The last-minute signing makes Veron eligible to play in the Champions League.

Manchester United chief executive Peter Kenyon denied the move was solely a business decision.

"It was a footballing decision," he told the Manchester Evening News. " We got an offer and the price eventually was acceptable."

"It is all part and parcel of restructuring the team and ultimately balancing what we think we need for next season."

Kenyon said Manchester United was still trying to arrange a work permit for Brazilian Kleberson, who plays for Atletico Paranaense. He said he hoped to have the Brazilian in the side by early next week.

Earlier Chelsea signed Damien Duff from Blackburn, Geremi from Real Madrid, Wayne Bridge from Southampton and Glen Johnson from West Ham.

Some people just have too much fcuking money!

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
God you United fans make me laugh, Gerrard is twice the player Keane is
Red, does it also make you laugh that you've never won a premiership crown? I believe United have won it at least once(sarcy)! Another year that you'll be doing nothing with such plonkers as Gerrard and Murphy. Your beloved Reds let us down by being fully outclassed by Celtic when all of England was behind you-embarrassing!! Gerrards twice the player Keane is? Please, do me a favour..Keane is rated in the highest respect from the likes of Vieira and Wenger himself. Gerrard's become one of the biggest idiots in the prem, even worse than Alan Smith. At least Smith has got some abilities whereas Gerrard's constantly hot or cold. Even his own coach(Houllier) thought he wasn't up to snuff last season. Though Houlliers words weren't so forgiving saying that Gerrard was playing like sh***. Probably what put him in Hospital. Gerrard has got a lot of catching up to do if he wants to be half the player Keane is. Don't take too seriously what some of the Micks ;) on this site think of Keane as they're probably still upset about his World Cup fiasco.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good news for Man U fans as Keano can now be utilized to his full ability! :rolleyes:

Gerrard will eat Keano up on November 9th, despite what Inspector Blake and the rest of his bus mates ;)

Cheers,

~Regs.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuk sakes .........

Walks, you were saying???

It's true Rev ........ we're fcuked :mad:

The only other thing I can think of is that something else is going on in the backroom at Old Trafford. There must be someone that United are after. However, this Brazillian fella' Kleberson is awaiting his work permit and should join the squad next week. The only thing I know about him though is that he's a World Cup Winner :rolleyes: . Another Brazillian in England ?? Not interested really ..........

revolutionary

May 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
United

Walks

I wont go as far as saying that you are fcuked. Remember you have the equilization factor by the name of Ruud. I dont think there can be any questioning the fact that he may not get the ball as much as he has in the past but he can still run by 3 players and score like no-one else in the world. And on top of that he can score unthinkable goals like he just exibited in the US tour.

For a club that claims to be the richest in the world, why would they be going on this selling spree. It makes sense for some clubs to sell players so that they can buy others, but why does Manchester have to do this? Not only sell a good player, but sell him to a team in his own league when by all accounts he does not want to leave the club. I have never understood this. I dont think he has been Ferguson's favorite player over the past two years, but he can still help out the team, or now hurt his former team.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keano has fcuking had it. Was a great player. Now he's got the same model of fake hip as my grandma. We'll see how much ground he covers against "the biggest idiot in the league" on Nov. 9. Or maybe we won't. Butt will probably be playing instead.

Red Forever

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Come on

Ok I'll be the first to admit Gerrard is not the complete package YET, but this talk of him always hurting his team!! Come on, thats right Roy Keane has never done anything stupid. A certain tackle that ended Haalands career pops to mind. That is just the tip of the iceberg.
At the top of his game Keane was better than Gerrard but now? Not a chance, there's a reason why England are unbeaten with Gerrard in the team and it aint that Scholes is playing alongside him!! Trust me I know we have'nt won the league in 13 years but dont worry I'm not going to bring up our trophy filled past. We might not win it again this year but I gurantee Stevie G will play Keano off the park at least twice this season!

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
but I guarantee Stevie G will play Keano off the park at least twice this season
I believe you meant Stevie G will be stretchered off the park by Keano at least twice this season if he's not careful. The Haaland incident was well deserved, that wank! I don't see Gerrard becoming a better player than what you see now, at least not while he's at Liverpool, who have a history of late of not getting full promise from their players. What Liverpool need more than anything else at the moment is a decent coach, someone who can get the most out of their players because right now it's safe to say they're the biggest underachievers in the EPL along with the likes of Leeds perhaps. They need to at least make Champions league next year or get rid of Houllier! Once upon a time they were a great side, but a long time ago ;) The old div.1 trophy's nowhere near as nice looking as the new Premiership one, you'll have to trust us United fans on that score:eek:

Red Forever

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe

Hey where as I agree that alot of players have left Anfield without fulfilling their potential Gerrard wont be one of them. Keane would'nt stand a chance in a tackle with Gerrard, sometimes Gerrard maybe a bit reckless but we can put that down to youthful exuberence, what the hell is Keane's excuse!!
Liverpool may be underachievers but I'll tell you this we wont go 20 years or so between championships. At least weve gone out and improved our team this year and not let it be ripped apart. If fergie would check his ego at the door you lot might not of lost some of your best players.

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
RF, do have any explanation why Gerrard won't go down with the rest as another underachieving Red? Or is it merely no more than a hunch of yours? Agreed only time will tell, but I'm not banking on him to become a Keane. It's obvious that since the last World Cup, Keanes only followers are the United fans along with a split of the Irish, depending on what facts they chose to believe when all the tabloids were in full flight and which one's could read!;) You said "sometimes his takles are a bit reckless but we can put that down to youthful exuberence". Maybe 'you' can put them down to youthful ex., but I see them as inexperienced when there earning him caution after caution and he's been in the league long enough to know better so don't try to excuse them. Scholesy's a bit reckless along with P. Neville and Butt though no where near as bad as Gerrard.
Keane wouldn't stand a chance in a tackle with Gerrard
More likely Gerrard wouldn't be standing after a challenge from Keano. Gerrard will never be like the Keanes or the Vinnie Jones. He's a kid with alot of pent up frustration due to his lack of skill an Liverpools inability to win, which results in his rash challenges. All professionals lose their rag from time to time when they or their team aren't playing well. Some just show their frustrations differently, so expect a few more bad tackles from your man next year.:D Lastly, we haven't lost our best players. I don't think Veron proved himself nor ever will in the EPL and oddly enough Man. U. are playing better now without Becks in the line-up just like they did when he was out injured last season. Never underestimate Feruson's strategies- ask Wenger...:cool:

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Collecting harware already.

Man Utd win Community Shield

Man Utd 1-1 Arsenal
(Man Utd win 4-3 on pens)
US goalkeeper Tim Howard proved an instant Manchester United hero as his double penalty save secured a Community Shield shoot-out win for the Premiership champions.

Howard saved from Giovanni Van Bronckhorst and Robert Pires to secure early season bragging rights for United.

Howard is now in my good books for stoning that diving french eejit.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0