Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

English Premiership News 2003/2004

willis316

Oct 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Steve as always you prove yourself extremely knowledgeable. It is a wonder you couldn’t come up with a more creative name for yourself. For is was Man United who he played one Cup match for who failed to see his potential and sent him to Vancouver. It was with this higher quality club that he starrred, as we all know, and was brought back by Newcastle only to star with a certain Man City manager. Once the opening was available Daglish brought him to Liverpool for a very successful though short-lived term. I never saw a game with him at NewCastle but seeing him star with the Reds was awesome even though at the time there was only one game on a week (Soccer Saturday). Fortunately, Liverpool was shown almost every week and Beardsley was one of the only players I knew of at the time (hence the reason I like them) with the Arse thrown in once and a while. I don’t know if this information is totally correct but I know he was from Newcastle with Keegan and I know he came from Man U when he played for the Whitecaps. Feel free to correct me Steve if you feel the need.:rolleyes:

Kippax

Aug 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The true champs

Why don't you guys talk about the team on top?
CITY, CITY, CITY

P W D L F A GD Pt
Man City 3 2 1 0 7 3 +4 7
Arsenal 2 2 0 0 6 1 +5 6
Man Utd 2 2 0 0 6 1 +5 6
Chelsea 2 2 0 0 4 2 +2 6
Blackburn 3 1 1 1 9 6 +3 4
Portsmouth 2 1 1 0 3 2 +1 4
Birmingham 2 1 1 0 1 0 +1 4
Charlton 2 1 0 1 4 3 +1 3
Everton 2 1 0 1 4 3 +1 3
Tottenham 2 1 0 1 2 2 0 3
Fulham 2 1 0 1 4 5 -1 3
Southampton 2 0 2 0 2 2 0 2
Leeds Utd 2 0 1 1 3 4 -1 1
Leicester 2 0 1 1 3 4 -1 1
Newcastle 2 0 1 1 3 4 -1 1
Aston Villa 2 0 1 1 1 2 -1 1
Liverpool 2 0 1 1 1 2 -1 1
Bolton 2 0 1 1 2 6 -4 1
Middlesbro' 2 0 0 2 2 7 -5 0
Wolves 2 0 0 2 1 9 -8 0

Blue Moon, you saw us sitting alone, on top of the table

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, Dazza, they were quality strikes. I still think we need more quality in the midfield. I know there are a few strikers who can put the ball in the net........

BTW, is David Seamen bad enough. He does the best impression of a fly-swatter on corners. Two nice whiffs on the goals today. Kippax, unfortunately for City, he will be their downfall. Granted, I did pick City to come in the top six this year.....

Walks I realize riding the Man U bandwagon can distort reality but to call any player dirty in support of that thieving fcuking cnut Keane is disgraceful in itself.

Gerrard is the fcuking cnut here. That tackle in the 18 was a DEFINITE red card, as it was a lot worse than Geremi's tackle vs. Leceister. At least he got the ball on his two-footer. :rolleyes: Roy Keane was nothing less than spectacular the other day. I have been critical of him for his tirades when playing for Ireland but the guy can still play when he is healthy. When is the fcuker going to play for the Hoops? I thought he promised his Dad that. Bastard.

In case you forgot how good your Reds were last year/are this year..... Celtic 3 Liverpool 1 (Agg.) Cheers.

Captain

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big Loretta scored a beauty of a header for Blackburn but looked,..well, very Amoruso-like on two of the Sky-Blues' goals.

Bailey's sales in Lancashire should sky-rocket tonight.

willis316

Oct 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
In case you forgot how good your Reds were last year/are this year..... Celtic 3 Liverpool 1 (Agg.) Cheers.

Shoud you not be concerned that Celtic is already behind the bluenoses and they haven't even played yet. Given they are the only two teams who can play in Europe, that is not the best start for your squad either. Not that Celtic talk belongs on this thread.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shoud you not be concerned that Celtic is already behind the bluenoses and they haven't even played yet. Given they are the only two teams who can play in Europe, that is not the best start for your squad either. Not that Celtic talk belongs on this thread.

Not concerned at all, Willis. There are 33 games left and Celtic will win the league and make the group stages of the Champions League. I know the Champions League seems like a distant dream for Liverpool right now but things can only get better. They still have the UEFA Cup to strive for. That proved to be a HUGE incentive for Heskey and the rest of the poofs last year. Didn't it? :)

Captain's top six this year....

Chelsea
Arsenal
Man. United
Newcastle
Man. City
Tottenham

:)

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is that yer top six, in order of projected finish? If so, ballsy choice with Chelsea finishing top of the table. Hard to argue with any of the picks, but I think City may not be a a top-6 club (I dislike the the notion of recycling ready-to-die keepers), but Everton just may be. They've also jumped into the Barry Ferguson bidding alongside Souness and his Rovers. I like Everton.

That Liverpool side might just eek their way into the mix also. Yes, I noticed the smiley.

In Leeds news, the club looks set to sign Cameroon midfielder Salomon Olembe, who has been playing in France (Reido has a hard-on for the French League, apparently) with Marseille.

If nothing else, Olembe should impress based on the fact he's been capped 56 times already, all before his 23rd birthday. He broke into the Indomitable Lions' national side at the age of 17.

Good stuff.

Red Forever

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
You utd fans crack me up, for fcucks sake we are TWO games into the season and your already talking about winning the lot!! There's about as much chance of the reds being down there at the end of the season as there is of city and Portsmouth bieng up at the top!!

My reds are playin terrible footy at the moment but too much quality to struggle too long ( at least I hope so ) I do agree with the fact Houllier better change his team soon otherwise he'll be signing on soon!! We'll come good though, probably at old trafford were we always beat you lot!

Oh and if were digging up the memories remember who's the most succesful team EVER!!!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inspector,

I totally agree. Houllier will be gone after this weekend. Of course, they were held by the might Spurs today. Man. U didn't exactly light it up against Wolves today though. Wolves actually had more quality chances, which surprised me.

On another note, there were 18 yellow cards handed out in the three games today. That seems to be high and some of the cards I saw today, were very petty calls. Has anyone else noticed the refs being a little quick with the cautions this year?

Captain

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Makelele agrees personal terms with Chelsea
First Published: Aug 29, 2003

English Premiership big-spenders Chelsea moved a step closer to signing Real Madrid midfielder Claude Makelele after agreeing personal terms with the player.

The France international will undergo a medical at Stamford Bridge over the weekend after the 30-year-old agreed personal terms and also settled on a fee with Real Madrid.

Real want 14 million pounds (22 million dollars) for Makelele, who has been involved in a pay dispute with the Spanish champions because he is the lowest-paid player in the team.

The eventual fee Real agreed with Chelsea was undisclosed, but it has been reported that Makelele, who has two years left on his contract with the Spanish side, could earn 50,000 pounds (79,000 dollars) a week with Chelsea.

A Chelsea statement read: "Chelsea and Real Madrid have agreed terms for Claude Makelele and Chelsea have agreed terms with the player.

"He will do a medical over the weekend and it is hoped that the transfer will be completed in time for the player to be qualified for the Champions League."

His arrival would take Chelsea's spending to over 100 million pounds (158 million dollars) since Russian oil billionaire Roman Abramovich paid 140 million pounds (233 million dollars) for the London club in July.

They have already paid 96 million pounds (150 million dollars) bringing in Hernan Crespo, Adrian Mutu, Juan-Sebastian Veron, Damien Duff, Geremi, Joe Cole, Wayne Bridge, Glen Johnson, Alexei Smertin and Marc Ambrosio.

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
New Formation

Chelsea will be lining up in the experimental formation of 2-6-2. With 4 central midfielders and 2 wing halves.

I wonder if Joe Cole is regretting signing with them as his chances of seeing the pitch keep getting smaller and no way will he be in the England side if he isn't playing regularly.

Lean

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
City bringing in Macca and Reyna. Gotta like it, Kippax?

With Macca and Fowler together again, they may not be the best on the field, but they will be stars in clubs.

C'mon Citeh!

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
INTER REACH AGREEMENT WITH MIDDLESBROUGH FOR DALMAT
Friday, 29 August 2003 21:23:06
MILAN - An agreement has been reached between Inter and Middlesbrough for the transfer on loan of Stephane Dalmat . The French midfielder has yet to agree personal terms with the English club.

Kippax

Aug 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
come on Macca

It's confirmed, Macca's a blue. I have always liked watching Macca, (despite what Walks says) I think he is a great player. Along with Reyna, Bosvelt Sinclair, Sibierski, Barton, Berkovic,Wright-phillips,and Tiatto, not a bad midfield. Although the only transfer player this summer under 30, is Sibierski at 29. So I guess you need that many midfielders.

Anyway, looks like Pool bounced back. I must admit, I was thinking a win for the Toffees.

Come on City

Red Forever

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
All I have to say is 3-0!! What a great performance by the reds, Owen was brilliant!!
Yeah it's a shame that he's past it and only shows up for the big games! Still alot of work to do but play like that every week we'll be fine.

Oh and nice to see Kewell get off the mark.

PS How did Spurs do??????????

max blink

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
fcuk off Barry Hayles

0-3

My luck with Spurs matches has yet to hit bottom. Whenever I show up at the Lane the home team are diabolically poor. There isn't a single player on the team that showed a bit of graft today. The rot in midfield for Tottenham today were atrocious with forgettable performances from all. Redknapp doesn't tackle, Anderton was at fault on two goals after his introduction, and Davies was invisible. Two or three decent offensive opportunities created at best.

Barry Hayles pushed around our sissy centre-backs all afternoon. One on three and he scores two and sets up another. Fcuk off Barry Hayles!

The wife wasn't impressed either and wants to know why we can't support some other London team. Damn. :(

max

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Given the boot

Beckham 'went for' Ferguson

David Beckham has spoken for the first time about the dressing room spat with Sir Alex Ferguson which left him with a cut eyebrow.
The England captain admits he "lost control" after a furious Ferguson kicked a football boot which struck him above the left eye.

In an extract from his forthcoming autobiography, published in Monday's Sun newspaper, Beckham says his team-mates had to physically stop him attacking the Manchester United manager.

"There was a boot on the floor. He swung his leg and kicked it," said Beckham.

It was like some mad scene out of a gangster movie.

"At me? At the wall? It could have been anywhere, he was that angry now.

"I felt a sting just over my left eye, where the boot had hit me.

"I put one hand up to it and found myself wiping blood away off my eyebrow.

"I went for the gaffer.

"I don't know if I've ever lost control like that in my life before.

"A couple of the lads stood up. I was grabbed by Giggsy first, then by Gary (Neville) and Ruud van Nistelrooy.

"Suddenly, it was like some mad scene out of a gangster movie."

The row erupted after Ferguson blamed Beckham for the second goal in Manchester United's 2-0 FA Cup defeat to Arsenal in February.

Beckham said he felt Ferguson was unfair, and he felt he was being "bullied" by the manager.

"I swore at him. Something no player, certainly no United player should ever do to the manager," added the England captain.

Beckham said his deteriorating relationship with the manager was affecting him off the field, and prompted him to quit the club.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0