Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CAT Division 1 CAT 2002/2003

Who will win the FVSL Division 1 CAT League this year?

• Poco City Dominion

Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Golden Ears United

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Chilliwack FC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Peace Arch United

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Langley United

• North Delta Lions

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Whalley Storm

• Total voters

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reccos,

You should know by now it is always the coach's fault. No matter what.;)

Glad to have retired and not fired as a coach,

Dude.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU and their coach

Dude: You should have learned the lessons of highly successful baseball manager, Casey Stengel of the Yankees and Met fame. When asked what the most aspect of the job of the manager was, he replied: "To keep the 50% of the guys who hate you, away from the 50% who are undecided."

That's not a bad thought for any coach to consider, especially if you are the GEU coach! GEU guys have knocked the clown coaching them for some time now. I watched the guy in action, and can understand why they don't like him - this is a door knob who makes AU Razor, look like a genius. My point is: why play there. If you don't like it, play elsewhere. Get a transfer.

You turn around a team's fortunes on the playing field, not the locker room.

Another great Stengel line was his response to the media question asking if he was concerned with his players having sex the night before a game? He replied: "It's not the sex I worry about. It's what the player has to go through to get it, that worries me."

Santos_L_Halper

Apr 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lions v GEU

TR, sorry about your arm. If the pk went were the first one did you wouldn't have gotten near the ball. Great save though. The rebound was almost the miss of the year, but thankfully it went in.

As for the game, we played ok. nothing spectacular, but enough to win. GEU started well but after the first 15 we settled in and had more chances. Myself with a crossbar and Lion missed a sitter. Eventually KG scored near the end of the half, flicking the ball between 2 defenders( who smacked into each other) and putting it in. 2nd half we sealed it with 2 pk's after good work from Lion & Leo to draw the fouls.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
PAU vs. DELTA

Looks like a good matchup coming up, Delta vs Peace Arch. Both are close in the standings though Delta has scored alot more. Is Peace arch going to rebound from a poor game vs Langley or is Delta going to continue their 2 game win streak?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Delta Lions 3 - 0 GEU Associates

Originally posted by TheRob
I apologize for the hasty departure of my entire team. I was taking my shite off, and when I was done I looked up and everyone was gone.

What does that tell ya?

Glad I was the right back that game.

Man do we need to get in better shape. I can't believe the PK taker beat us to the rebound from 9 yards away when we were all 18 yards. Man we must be out of shape!
:rolleyes:

Nice first save though.

Belfast

Oct 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re:Delta Vs P.A.U
From what I understand P.A.U has their annual Halloween dance on the Sat so the boys will be in no state to play on Sun. With the prem boys playing on Fri and shite faced on Sat no help there. Prediction P.A.U face down in a puddle of their own vomit.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would have gotten there.

What does that tell ya? That they were mad at TheRob for stopping a PK?

The guy taking the shot shoots, stops, and usually stands there for a second. The guys on the eighteen should be running full steam as soon as the guy shooting starts moving forward.:rolleyes:A lot of our guys didn't think that the shooter(Santos)could touch the ball again and got lazy. That is what pissed TheRob off.:mad:

On to Sunday vs. Poco. If we get lazy and quit again, we're going to get slaughtered.:(

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Halloween?

Originally posted by Belfast
Re:Delta Vs P.A.U
From what I understand P.A.U has their annual Halloween dance on the Sat.

Isnt Halloween THURSDAY night? Which would make that dance a Post-halloween dance. From what I hear PAU could have a halloween costume party ANY time of the year 'cause most of the time they are dressed like women anyway. Lol, anyhow goodluck PAU, I'd like to see you beat Delta, keeps the standings closer.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: I would have gotten there.

Originally posted by TheRob
The guys on the eighteen should be running full steam as soon as the guy shooting starts moving forward.:rolleyes:

We were at a stand still too when he took his shot so when the save is made he is standing a couple feet ahead of the spot and we are standing at the 18.
Should we have started our runs from somewhere behind the 18 so that we entered the box right when he struck the ball and just kept running for the rebound?

This isn't an appropriate place for this TR. I don't want people thinking that there is any turmoil in the GEU teams. We know that never happens.
:D

Yodathinkstherobquitafterthefirstsaveandshouldhavesavedthesecondonetoo.
:eek:

Dalglish

Sep 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU

Will THEROB be in the net for GEU on Sunday vs PoCO? and if so, will you wear your own shirt? or the baby blue one? Do tell...

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If I were to play net, I would wear the red and white stripes of the Saints. I shouldn't be though. I imagine Mr. Bond will be between the pipes for us. The guys don't play in front of me anyway. Stranger things have happend though, and I did stop a PK.:rolleyes:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How many times

how long are you going to go one about "stopping a PK"?

Everyone get's lucky sometime.
:D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What kind of "Sport" is that?

TR, this may be totally off topic, but I noticed you changed your profile???:D

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Moderator!

How about a poll on where all these Div 1 Cat Posters play or coach, (or watch lol). Seem like only a couple of teams represented here. I would be interested in knowing.

Also, can I post in game pictures? (I will host them), but I wanted permission before I just started putting mug shots on display.

Cheers.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You can post pictures but there is a maximum size. I think that it is 25600kbs but I'm not too sure.

If you have trouble or have any questions, PM me.

Sheep

Nov 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How about those GEU Associates……Boy they are good!! Whoever their goalie is must lick the big one. To bad they don’t relegate Cat teams because they would probably have to put you guys in Div 4.

ichi fa nee

Oct 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I must concur I love sheep. We are f%$#ing shocking. I have never seen us suck so hard in 1 single season. Then again Throb gives out hummies before each game, therefore we are constantly spent

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Hey Moderator!

Originally posted by suburbanator
Also, can I post in game pictures? (I will host them), but I wanted permission before I just started putting mug shots on display.

Cheers.

If by host them you mean put them on your website and have people look at them the just post a link to your site.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We need you sheep

Our problem is we don't have a player of your quality Sheep. You know one that is big strong and atheletic looking like yourself. We need a team leader with a dominant, powerful but yet charming personality, who can get the calls to go for our team.And most of all we need a player who has great hands strong legs and is well hung similar to your boyfriend Roger. If either of you can play for us on the weekend just call our coach cause we could really use you guys.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco 5 GEU 0

Once again we lacked the scoring punch. It was a very good game in the first half with but in the second half GEU decided to quit playing hard. Poco took it to us and was definately wanting the win more. Poco went up 1 nil with a goal by some showoff who wanted to dribble it over the line instead of just kicking it in.
Yours truly had a chance to tie it up but pulled his PK wide of the net. COuld have been all the snot RA put on the ball before the shot. Classless and an idiot as always.

Reffing sucked as usual but was not the reason for the loss.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0