Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CAT Division 1 CAT 2002/2003

Who will win the FVSL Division 1 CAT League this year?

• Poco City Dominion

Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Golden Ears United

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Chilliwack FC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Peace Arch United

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Langley United

• North Delta Lions

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Whalley Storm

• Total voters

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually TheRob had some conversations with a couple of the Lions in the second half and thought they seemed like good guys. All it takes though is one bad apple to have a team judged. Like Yoda said, if it was the 2-1 goal in injury time, run around with your shirt off. Good on ya. 4-1 though?

Lions dad was quiet yesterday. Everything OK?;)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Class

Originally posted by Santos_L_Halper
Don't judge the class of the Lions, based on the actions of one player. LION is a good guy but he does dumb things sometimes.

No team judgement just a player judgement.

I too had conversations with a couple of guys and they seemed really nice. I guess he's the Black Sheep of the family.

:)

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
talk about class

please.
no shirt went over the head. maybe up showing some stomach, but that was only done when whomever from GEU picked up the ball from the back of the net and hit me in the back while going back to half. That is when I turned around and lifted the shirt for GEU. Not over my head though.
So now people whine when someone celebrates a goal.
C'mon, wheres the fun here. I don' think that was over the top at all. Maybe if I ripped it off and did a dance, yah, but it was nothing, not EVEN over the head. Just tuggin the shirt up. Celebrations are part of the game, you guys should get used to them now. Sorry it wasn't a high five and a smile.

And your talkin that we don't have class.
Whining, you guys were whining all game. I even remember #14 getting sent off the park for his hissy fit,whining away at the ref. Then the ball throwing at a player after a goal. C'mon guys, lets get real.

Maybe the celebration was at a wrong time for you guys or something. But out of the 2 teams yesterday, I think The Lions had much more class. if all you can say it was that one celebration and now we are a team with no class.

PLEASE!

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd say there was plenty of whining from both sides not just ours. You should have heard you guys in the first half when we were pressing. Just as bad as us on the day. If someone threw a ball at you after your all important fourth goal, then that isn't very classy either.

Bottom line? No class shown by either side. Happy?

See you in five weeks. Expect a different game.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is only one team in the FVSL as disorganized as the GEU Cat team. Poco Dominion:eek:

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
chirps

It is much more fun here that on the other threads, nobody likes each other, tis good. Poco aint disorganized they just aren't winning, Premier that is. Should be at least tied for first in the Cat division.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In response to the Lion cub

I didn't want to say any more on this game as it brings back bad memories but:

1. The ball that hit you in the back WAS an accident. I watched the defender turn and kick the ball from 20 yards away and accidentally hit you. He just turned and kicked it out of frustration because he just got burned.....again. If you knew this guy you would know he doesn't have enough skill to aim for you and hit you from that far away.

2. I believe there were 2 babies yesterday that got carded for whining. You guys had one as well. Although he didn't understand that the ref has the power to wait until play has stopped, no matter how long after the incident, to give out a card for something that happened minutes earlier. He yapped at the ref a few minutes back and the ref kindly waited for a stoppage in play to give him the card he deserved.

3. As for the shirt up to show that ripped stomach? It wasn't the shirt, it was the screaming and yelling that went along with it. And then turning around to the goalie, or defenseman, or whoever to scream at them again. In a close game, that's celebrating, in a 5-1 game that's rubbing it in and unsportmanlike.

4. As I said earlier, it's not the team it's just certain individuals. Maybe when you get older you'll understand.

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Foregone conclusion

I've heard the Prez Cup has already been awarded to the Delta Lions for the 2002/2003 season because all the other eligible teams suck.

Congratulations Lions!! :D

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
alright, I understand now.
thanks for the clear up.

I thought someone through the ball purposely at me in an unsportsmanlike fashion, so I retaliated with the turn around "whoo hooo". I am sure many men would do the same after getting hit with the ball. Hey, but now I know. thanks

Cheddar

Apr 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
whinning

I was going to respond but it seems that everyone has made up and all is back to normal.

By the way are there only 2 or 3 teams that post or is everybody else trying to stay clear. It seems the Highlanders are more interested in the CAT games than the other CAT teams. Curious!!!!

Deview is not so bad as long as it doesn't rain. Oscar your chair was not there as the neighbourhood has changed a lot since I left. In my days it would have been returned to you as soon as the mud had dried.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who am I going to bitch at if we lose next week?:( There aren't any Storm guys here are there? I'll just bitch at LION again. Not so little fcuker:mad:

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: whinning

Originally posted by Cheddar
By the way are there only 2 or 3 teams that post or is everybody else trying to stay clear.

Deview is not so bad as long as it doesn't rain.

1.) We are trying to stay clear as this league is shite. ;)

2.) Delview is brilliant when it rains.
I had my first shag in the covered dugouts on a rainy Friday night in 1979 after a school dance. :wa:

Cheddar

Apr 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delveiw Park

I am glad to others have fond memories of thier childhood days at Delview Park. Some memories may be older or more recent but still fond ones none the less. Remember when Delview Park was one of the elite fields in North Delta, all Provincial Cup games would be played there. Those were the days!!!

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not a chance!

I would not pull out my unit on,by or any where remotely close to Delview park.#1 chances are some surrey slut would want to bang.#2 you may never be seen again.#3 they lie there ain't no view at Delview.#4 one of the lions might touch me.;)

Oscar Goldman

Mar 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Delview Park

Originally posted by Cheddar
I am glad to others have fond memories of thier childhood days at Delview Park. Some memories may be older or more recent but still fond ones none the less. Remember when Delview Park was one of the elite fields in North Delta, all Provincial Cup games would be played there. Those were the days!!!

Thanks for posting Cheddar because after a pathetic effort on the field yesterday I was left with nothing to say. Your comments remind me of a more innocent time when Delview Park played host to countless "skids" and "potheads" who were always up to no good once darkness fell. All those long-haired guys with their mack jackets, steel-toed Dayton boots and Seafarer jeans featuring the obligatory black comb stuck in the back pocket (though it never appeared to be used). Come to think of it Cheddar we could probably still find most of those items in your closet. I still have my Le Couletier french cut jeans and they fit after all these years. I would wear them more but for the fact that my genitals suffer too much from "separation anxiety" after I do up the fly.

Oscar

P.S. Thanks for the flashback!

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0