Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CAT Division 1 CAT 2002/2003

Who will win the FVSL Division 1 CAT League this year?

• Poco City Dominion

Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Golden Ears United

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Chilliwack FC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Peace Arch United

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Langley United

• North Delta Lions

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Whalley Storm

• Total voters

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Referees

My God, reviewing this thread and the Div.1 thread, perhaps the Mods should create a referee thread. :rolleyes:

Boys, these guys are human beings, they make mistakes.
It's no different when a ref blows a call compared to when a defender gives off a pass back that results in a goal or a striker shits the bed and can't finish his dinner in the six.
You will find, as you get older :D, you get to know these guys and they are all big fans of the game.
Some of them may manipulate and it's frustrating, but you have no recourse anyway.
The other problem I found is when we dropped down from Premier, it's tougher.
No linesmen make it frustrating for you and the ref.
You will find the bitching not as bad in the show because there's three of them there compared to one.
So, why not linesmen in the lower tiers?
Well, you ask the main guys and they will simply tell you:
Not enough officials to go around.
Ho many refs under the age of 30 do you see?
I've talked to the great refs like Brown and Sawtell and they would love to see some young guys take on the task of refereeing.

I would too, as it would result in better games for everyone.

For what it's worth,

RF

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ranger,

I agree with everything you've said, but guys like Tin Po need to be called out. I'm sympathetic to the dilemma, more than most I think. Just stating that, this one in particular is exceptionally bad, and the games he officiates get out of control on a regular basis- to the point that it is dangerous. No, we can't fire him. I can also understand why there isn't a line-up of young players trying to get their ref tickets. My point is this: if the league knows that this guy has a bad history of letting games get out of control, they'd be more inclined to investigate this particular match (ALU vs. GEU), and perhaps give it a fair ruling- rather than giving this guy the benefit of the doubt and awarding the point to ALU.

Now, give me back my soapbox.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
1 CAT in the bag........

....Or is that out of the bag?

Either way we finally got our first win. GEU 3 - Langley 2.

Good game, nothing dirty just good soccer and hard work. End of the half we were up 2-0.
After a short break while one of our players recovered from a square shot in his meat and 2 veg, the ref forget to keep watching the game. He gave a PK for a header that both guys went up forI thought cleanly, but apparently our player wasn't even looking at the ball and just hit their guy.:rolleyes: Whatever. Then on the second goal, while their player knocked our goalie down and held him their they scrambled to put one in the net to tie it up.
But unlike games in the past, we pulled together and 2 minutes later got the game winner.

Nice to get one in the W column.

Any other results? I heard Poco beat PAU 1-0 (CAT)

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PoCo 1 vs. PAU 0

Good game. PoCo dominated from start to finish. PAU had some chances but PoCo easily shut them down.;) Highlight of the game had to be big S.Ross stepping up from the backline to hit a full volley off a corner kick, top right hand corner! Keeper had no chance;)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Moose

That's great to read! The Moose (Steve Ross) deserves a bit of recognition. The guy works hard at his game, and is a quiet, solid leader.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Slow thread

How can you tell that Delta Lions didn't play last week, this thread is as slow as mollasses this week.

Hopefully after this weeks games they will be bragging about how good they were this weekend, or how bad the reffing was because they lost.

:D

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
what?

Yoda, what are you talking about?

I don't think any Lion member has ever come on here and bragged or complained about the refs.

Maybe when other teams bashed us we have responded with confidence.

And we have never complained about refs when we lose because we haven't lost.

it has been dead though.
I think Lions and GEU are the only ones who post here, maybe some Hatin' Highlanders too.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What the hell are you doing here CAT league wanna be? Get out of here.:mad:

Lion,

We are the only teams represented in here. We should play eachother every week. This thread would be hopping.:rolleyes:

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Humbled, degraded lower tier Div. 1 player wishes to speak.

TR:

I just miss you lot in this league, that's all. :(

Who's fcuking mug is that on the website main page anyway?

Dalglish: (Can't help but love that name)
Seeing as you made a move to the Premier/CAT teams, how do you rate the two divisions thus far?
I mean Div.1 vs. CAT?

Go Lions ;)

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Must win

That is a must win game for the Lions. I don't think you would want to be 10 pts down even with a game in hand.

Not a bad weekend of soccer for Delta fans:

Friday Delta Prem (3) vs PoCo Prem (6)
Saturday Highlanders (2) vs Rangers (1)
Sunday Lions (3) vs PoCo (1)

:wa:

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: wow!

Originally posted by LION
I think the refs have too much effect on the games here in the FVSL. PoCo a completely skilled, fit team can tie a bunch of unskilled dirty players because of a ref that lets the unskilled team come in late on tackles and take out there frustrations on the skilled team cause they suck.

Lion,

You had better hope the ref has an effect on this weekends game and has many calls in your favor, otherwise have fun chasing PoCo around the pitch. But do try to give us a better match than GEU, I hate to watch PoCo play keep away for 90 mins, gets a little boring. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by TheRob
We are the only teams represented in here.

Correction, two of the six teams behind PoCo in the standings represented.;)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hopping!

Now that wasn't so hard was it?

Nothing a little TTP can't solve to get a thread going again.

Ranger,

Nice to see you have finally followed the rules and asked permission to speak in this forum instead of just posting your Div1 babble.
:)

You should have actually waited for someone to give you the OK instead of just assuming it though.

As for the Poco Delta game, Poco 3-1
Will be a good game but the premeir players......I mean subs, will help Poco out if things aren't looking so good.

Dalglish,Skytrain,

have your so called injured players healed yet so you don't have to call down players from the other team?

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Hopping!

Originally posted by Yoda
Dalglish,Skytrain,

have your so called injured players healed yet so you don't have to call down players from the other team?

I believe you have it the wrong way around, Premier has need to pull up Cat players to help out, some players have been playing both games (2-4) but only play 20 mins in the Prem to help out. Those players playing both games on the weekend are changed weekly until ...........?? Draven for example is playing Cat at the moment, Prem player that had taken couple years off to enjoy TradingSpaces Marathons is a now having to earn a spot on Prem and is having to play Cat until then.

But to be honest PoCo and its men with the clipboards, have decided to go with 32 players for both teams, so there is no calling up or down. Teams are picked weekly.

skytraintowatchre-runofTStowatchPaige.....mmmmmmmmmPaige

Dalglish

Sep 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cat Div.

Ranger,

Your question on the Cat vs Div.1. It is difficult to answer due to a whole new team this year for me, some depleted teams in Cat (Storm) and not seeing Langley or Delta yet. I have also only seen one div1 game this year, Rangers vs United. Based on last years div 1 vs this years cat, I would say that last years div 1 was stronger.

Yoda,

Still bitter at the loss?? The whole point of the Cat division is to use players up and down between Prem. and Cat. If you noticed in our game, the players that played on the Sunday vs your team, didn't get alot of time on the Friday nite game, and there was and still are a number of injuries within the squad. 1 is due back within 2 weeks, and we have 1 returning from suspension this weekend. It is no-one's fault that your coach won't utilize his system, but I do expect a full squad of your premier players on your team sheet when we meet in the next match!!!! Enough said on this matter!!

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Cat Div.

Originally posted by Dalglish
[but I do expect a full squad of your premier players on your team sheet when we meet in the next match!!!! [/B]

Not likely.

We usually use 1 group of players in one game and the rest of them in the other game. Not many guys get to play both games.

In fact I wish our coach would do that. Our Prem team could have a bye for the weekend and he still wouldn't use any of them.
:rolleyes:
Still bitter, no not at all.

PS. Are you guys looking to sign any new players at all this season?

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Cat Div.

Originally posted by Dalglish
Ranger,

I have also only seen one div1 game this year, Rangers vs United.

How'd the striker subbed into the beginning of the second half for Rangers look? :D

He's fcuking handsome anyway, so the Ladies say.

Ah'mbigsexy

Dalglish

Sep 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
New Players

Yoda,

We are always looking to strengthen our club. At the present time we have no new players on the horizon, but we do receive many phone calls each week. If someone thinks they are good enough, we let them know that they can attend training with us and we will take it from there.

Only possible signing could be to replace that "train wreck" or "skytrain wreck":D

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0