Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CAT Division 1 CAT 2002/2003

Who will win the FVSL Division 1 CAT League this year?

• Poco City Dominion

Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Golden Ears United

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Chilliwack FC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Peace Arch United

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Langley United

• North Delta Lions

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Whalley Storm

• Total voters

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You might know

Oscar,

Did they film the fight scene from the Outsiders at Delview and use you guys as extras? Sounds like you guys would have been perfect for the part.
:D

Signed,
Pony Boy

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Storm 2 - 1 GEU

Another week, another loss. GEU came out flying and dominated play for the majority of the match, but gave up two with ten to go and lost again.

Poor coaching played a huge part in this one. Sometimes I don't know what goes throught the little Englishmans head.

The Storm must have lost a lot of guys. They are just a shadow of their former selves with Sandro being the only guy creating any offence for them. Good guy that Sandro. The reffing was poor as usual.

On to Langley where hopefully things will be different.:rolleyes:

How did those sexy footballing Lions do?

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PoCo goes 3-0

PoCo 4 - Chilliwack 1

If PoCo was able to finish the score could have easily been 10 - 1 or more. :eek: Interesting at times to watch but for the most part we just watched PoCo play keep away for 80mins.

Santos_L_Halper

Apr 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lions-1 , Langley-1

Another beautiful day down at Delview Park, soured by a draw which, if the Lions could have finished today, would have been a comfortable victory. Apparently we used up our finishing against GEU. After completely dominating play, we took the lead early in the second half on a nice goal from K.O. We continued to press with langley relying on long balls just to make it into our half of the park. We basically out ran, out tackled and out skilled Langley all game. As luck would have it though, they send out a long ball with 5 min. left which resulted in a scramble in the box ( the first time they made it in there in about 75 minutes of play) and there guy toe-pokes it through 3 defenders and in.

Another solid effort by our guys, and unlucky not to win. And if teams think that we whine, wait till you play these guys. They chirped at the ref and at us all game. Their coach even gave one of our guys the finger!

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You guys are nothing compared to the Storm. Whine like a bunch of mules. Cheap little bastards to.

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Show me one

Every team has at least one guy that whines. Whining you could say is part of the game. The trick is to whine in a way that isn't so whiney.

Hey TR give it a rest,

In defense of the Lions, I'd rather be a whiney undefeated team, than a quiet 0-3 team.

:)

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Give what a rest?

Santos says:
And if teams think that we whine, wait till you play these guys.
Then I say:
You guys are nothing compared to the Storm. Whine like a bunch of mules.
Did that offend you? I wasn't even ripping you guys. A little testy today huh?

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Misunderstood

Sorry TR my mistake, but my point is all teams whine, mine yours, its pathetic but everyone does it. Its like complaining about the refereeing, its pointless.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My teams never whine. Ever. Especially after we were cheated out of a fair President's Cup outcome after the ref missed one of our goals in PKs last season against the Lions.:rolleyes:

Still bitter.

I've never seen TR whine either- even when Joe MacIntyre reffed our summer league games. :rolleyes: ;)

Sort of on topic...the Storm are a different team than they were last year, in that two starters and one strong midfielder went to the Royals, and two starters came to the Premier team. They lost players in key positions (big Train / Motorhome up front, now rehabbing, expected to start w/ Peg in two weeks).

That said, I predict they'll be challenging for top of the table by the end of the season. As I've said before- strong coaching, and a dedicated core. For the past three seasons, they were the fittest teams and strongest finishers at the end of the year in whatever division they were playing in.

You sound disgruntled TR...what's going on w/ GEU? Isn't it a bit early to be calling out the coach?

Dalglish

Sep 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Calling out the coach

Dude,

If memory serves me correct, I think that last season by this time more than one GEU player was calling out the coach. It seems to happen year after year.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you knew that coach...

Dude/Dalglish:

These guys start "calling out the coach" in pre-season training.

What surprises me is the degree of loyalty these guys have to the clown. We should have a thread "Why do they stay...?"

I guess he doesn't read the posts here or none of those guys would be hitting the pitch. I won't name names but I suspect that everyone of the GEU posters has ripped this door knob one or more times.

Oscar Goldman

Mar 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Lions-1 , Langley-1

Originally posted by Santos_L_Halper
Another solid effort by our guys, and unlucky not to win. And if teams think that we whine, wait till you play these guys. They chirped at the ref and at us all game. Their coach even gave one of our guys the finger!

Santos you sound like one of my grade one students. I hope you responded to the coach's gesture by calling him a "poopoo head". It's just shocking what youth soccer has come to these days. Your mothers take you out to the games and this is the behaviour that they have to witness. It's tragic and as I wipe the gathering tears from my eyes, I can only hope that your coach files a report to ensure that your feelings aren't hurt again. Meanwhile, hugs all around and here's hoping that you boys get the respect you deserve from here on in. After all, don't they know that the Lions are the best team in the North Delta soccer club (whatever that means).

Oscar, a finely aged whine

P.S. Did Bobby Williams actually interview for Blind Date? I guess he'll need the shirt back.

Cheddar

Apr 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oscar's double finger!

I guess that Santos should be used to seeing the finger after playing with guys like Oscar a few years back. I remember one game and I think it was Delview Park in the mud, when Oscar went Hulkamaniac and tried to take on a big goon and got red carded. Being the last game of the season he threw out the double index finger at the ref synchronized with the exuberant "fcuk you ref." I think he was awarded a prize, a shirt if I remember correctly, at the team's year ender.

So if the Lions ever see this again during the game, I will sit them down and tell them a story, "well I remember ......."

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
tie die

yes,
Bobby Williams did make an effort for some Blind Dating.
But no shirt needed. Bobby didn't make the cut. nor did his friend VanWilder. Whatever though.
he was always nothing with out that shirt.

On subject:- soccer is fun, i like to play.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU Coach

Yes , everyone does complain about the coaching every year but until we find someone who wants to take on the task of running the team and spending the time to organize, pick the team, go to league meetings, etc, etc, then nothing will change. We are happy I guess just to try and change his strange ways instead of giving him the boot.

:rolleyes:

I have decided to just complain to my wife and TheRob instead of voicing my opinion to the coach. Just taking it easy this year and am happy that I have the ability to play soccer as some people are not as fortunate as I am to be................... blah, blah, blah.
:rolleyes:
I'm not even bitter that I didn't get to start the game. Maybe it's because neither did 4 other regular starters.
:D

Oscar Goldman

Mar 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Oscar

Originally posted by Santos_L_Halper
You can make fun of my posts all you want, but at the end of the day i'm still a better player than you.:D

Dear Santos:

I will continue to make fun of your posts and I'm glad that you have deluded yourself into believing that you are a better player than me. I also turn to delusions whenever the topic of height comes up or girls or.... Perhaps my thoughts can best be expressed with the following:

"I'm rubber you're glue whatever you say bounces of me and sticks to you!".

Oscar the grouch

P.S. Cheddar I thought that by signing off as "a finely aged whine" you would understand. I have never pretended to be a great sport though I believe that I have improved in this regard. I just don't have a lot of time for incompetent referees and I believe this to be a quality that we share. After all, didn't Walt Valente write the book on whining? I can hear it now ..."Geeeeeeez....ref, what the hell were you thinking?". That reminds me how are the therapy sessions going?

Later skater.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
wow!

Sometimes Oscar can be cold !

I too don't have the patients for retarded refs.
Sometimes they ruin my day.
then I think of ruining there life because of that.
But then I have a beer after the game and everything gets better.
But as I have the beer I think about ruining there life because they ruined my day. you know what I mean?

I think the refs have too much effect on the games here in the FVSL. I say 65% absolutely blow.
They ruin the games.
A completely skilled, fit team can tie a bunch of unskilled dirty players because of a ref that lets the unskilled team come in late on tackles and take out there frustrations on the skilled team cause they suck. you know what I mean. I think the refs should turn these games in to skilled matches rather then foul fests with teams full of 200 players that perfect the game of hard/late tackles. Then the play stops. Maybe if the refs got control of the game first 15 min. showed some cards for blatent tackles and I am sure the games would turn in to more of a flowing skilled game of soccer.

It really sucks everytime you get around the 18 yard line of the opposing team when you are all over them all game and they just take you out, time after time. Refs should not let this happen. show your cards to these unskilled bunch of posers. Anyone can step in and take a guy out when he keeps beating you one on one. it stops the flow of the game and lets the big slow teams compete with skilled fit teams. You know what I mean?
any responces?

Santos_L_Halper

Apr 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Amen, brother! I have never expected brilliance with our refs, but your right about them taking charge early in games. A faster paced game would definately be an advantage for us.

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lion

I agree with some comments about flow and hackers.......but if you and your team are so skilled than FINISH all the free kicks you get around the box. Ohh..that would take some skill:wa: :D :wa:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0