Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CAT Division 1 CAT 2002/2003

Who will win the FVSL Division 1 CAT League this year?

• Poco City Dominion

Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Golden Ears United

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Chilliwack FC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Peace Arch United

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Langley United

• North Delta Lions

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Whalley Storm

• Total voters

Red Forever

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whoooa!!

It seems as though I'm taking a fair bit of stick for defending the Storm. Let's make this clear for the LAST time, I'm not defending the team, but my mates on the team. The Storm have made mistakes and I wonder if the guys did know about the open spot in Div1. I am playing under SFC and very happy playing for the club. The Storms descision to move could very well come back to haunt them, but that is their problem now. As far as I'm concerned the matter is closed as I have a league to win with my boys.!!

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Question for the Lions guys.

Is that old guy that screams, "You can do it!" going to be there on Sunday?:( He is very intimidating, and if he is I may ask the ref to have him removed from the park. It's definitley an unfair advantage for you guys when he is there heckling the opposition. I'm sure the ref will see my point. If the ref doesn't, I'll take it to the FVSL board. They'll side with me. They love TheRob.:rolleyes:

Prediction - Tie.:mad:

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Formula for beating the Lions

Here is the secret.

The two carrot tops on that team are famous for giving up PK's. The younger of the two holds the Guiness Record for most allowed PK's in one season: 47.

Constantly kick LION up front and he may freak out and take a red. You were mentioning his Dad in your post.

Good luck, play physical and you will have a shot.

Trust me, our record against the Lions is 1-4.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So flop when I get near the redheads, and kick the forward. That's the key to success? Got it. I'll tell the boys tonight at training.

New prediction - Tie.:mad:

Santos_L_Halper

Apr 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The two cheddars on our back line haven't given away a PK in a while. Probably has to do with the increased fitness since leaving the highlanders.:D . Undoubtedly our #1 fan Roger, will be there screaming YOU CAN DO IT!! and MAKE IT YOURS!!! for the full 90.

Prediction: Lions 2-1 winners:cool:

Cheddar

Apr 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
pk's
pk's for Milhouse

Santos little helper I don't think that is quite correct, I did give up a real nice one while playing with the Highlanders in Kamloops. I think they just bring the best out of me. If Milhouse wants more pk's he'll just have to count on Timmy.

We played an exhibition on the new turf at Mackie last night and think that I may have been converted to becoming a believer. There were no weird bounces, the ball rolled straight and it was much softer than I expected. The ball does travel much faster and harder. A crisp pass is definitely crisp. The guys on the front line didn't seem to like it as much because if it wasn't to their feet there was no hope. A few more training sessions and games and I think that will change. The lighting was a vast improvement over the grey darkness that is usually associated with Mackie.

My ankles and shins do ache miserably today, but that may just be the age.

2 thumbs up to the turf!!!!! A clubhouse is all that is needed.

Oscar Goldman

Mar 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: pk's pk's for Milhouse

Originally posted by Cheddar
We played an exhibition on the new turf at Mackie last night and think that I may have been converted to becoming a believer.

That's quite a statement but I'm sure that Mackie doesn't come close to the immaculate conditions that Delview Park has to offer. Of course there are few fields in the Fraser Valley (not governed by the agricultural land reserve) that boast such a unique setting. The smell produced by the upturned knee-deep mud is reminiscent of the potent fecal scent that gives the town of Chilliwack its special charm. Who could blame those Lions for leaving Delta Metro, now they have Delview Park all to themselves. Bastards! What were we thinking Milhouse? Why didn't we do it ourselves? If not for those meddling LIONS we might have gotten away with it!!

Oscar

Santos_L_Halper

Apr 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another witty posting from Oscar:rolleyes: . I seem to recall that the only reason you guys didn't leave Delta Metro was because they gave you J.O. on friday nights. So say what you want about us leaving, but don't pretend your so loyal to Delta Metro.

Also, to TheRob and the rest of the GEU guys, you should definately take Thrillhouse's advice. that strategy obviously worked for them. Winning one out of five is pretty good:rolleyes:

Good luck on sunday. Delview park should still be respectable ( unless it rains, of course).

Oscar Goldman

Mar 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Loyalty smoyalty

Originally posted by Santos_L_Halper
[B So say what you want about us leaving, but don't pretend your so loyal to Delta Metro.

Dear Santos be careful not to draw the sword unless you are prepared for the pain induced by its rapior cut. Your reference to loyalty leaves me perplexed given that we had a registration form reserved for you, as per your request. With regard to the Lions leaving, I will rely on a trite but true axim "the grass is not always greener on the other side". Keeping Delview Park in mind, this can be taken both figuratively and literally.

Later Santos and be sure to dress that wound...

Oscar

P.S. To end on a good note, Cheddar says you've been working out and your verticle jump has improved 100%. I suppose that means it can almost be measured by a ruler.

Santos_L_Halper

Apr 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fair enough

Point taken on the loyalty. My only reason for making that request was because up until a few weeks ago, we didn't know where we would be. It was my understanding at the time we could have been placed div 3 or 4. Nothing against the teams in those divs, but I didn't think that would be a challenging league for me to play in. I'm very happy playing with the Lions as we have a great group of guys and are as good a team as anyone in div 1 or cat. I do appreciate that you were willing to take me, but the request was only based on a worst-case scenario.

Anyhoo, the meteoric rise in my vertical ( about a foot with a running start:D ) is the result of being 10 pounds lighter.

Good luck on sunday.

Cheddar

Apr 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
oscar

We were with Delta Metro and we got the shite fields like Deview and Sands last year while you had exhibition games at JO, so why not take a chance with something new. Down the road the grass MAY get greener and flatter and a little less muddy.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
YIKES

I am not looking forward to playing at Delview this season with all the talk about how great the pitch is.
:rolleyes:

We played one game there last year and we were 2 women, dressed in bikini's, short of a mud wrestling match.

I hope they have done something with that pitch since then.

FYI the full season schedule is up on the FVSL website.
Looks like we are playing 18 games this year with our well organized 7 team division.

:mad:
I guess 18 is better than 12.

Oscar Goldman

Mar 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: oscar

Originally posted by Cheddar
Down the road the grass MAY get greener and flatter and a little less muddy.

Your statement is reminiscent of the "gambler's fallacy" that suggests bad luck is always followed by good luck. Whatever gets you through the season I suppose. How long can you wait Cheddar? I know that some cheese gets better with age, but cheddar just gets hard, bitter tasting and smelly. I suppose you'll always be able to turn to acting and carving out a career with supporting roles in independent film.

Whiile you're at Delview Park on Sunday, I wonder if you could be on the lookout for a blue folding chair that I lost in the mud last year while watching the tractor pulls.

WE'RE TURNING DELVIEW PARK INTO A MUUUUUUUUUUUD PIT!

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I admit it. I'm a Lions lover.

The sun shone a little today at the Delview shithole. It shone bright. But it was nothing compared to the sexy football the Lions play. Look up the term beautiful game in any dictionary and there better be a picture of the Lions there. They were wonderful today. The pressed us, and pressed us. We never had time to relax. Run after run after run. This is truly an amazing football team. They're both cokcy, and arrogant. They whine, and showboat. Phenominal is the only word to explain them.(More on that later)The best part of the whole day was when their #5 scored what was a brilliant strike to make it 4 - 1 and ran around with his shirt over his head. Surely scoring such an important goal was worthy of a better celebration. Perhaps rip it off and twirl it around while running backword back to centre or something? Come on man. You can do it! This team doesn't belong in the CAT Division. They're too good. They belong in Premier with the big boys. They'd probably win the league in their first year. They are that damn good. In fact, about the only word you couldn't use to describe this amazing team is classy. As good as they are, they got some growing up to do. Win with class boys. That is what makes teams truly great. Until then, you're just a bunch of idiot little punks who play sexy football.

BTW - Lions 4 - 1 GEU:(

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
waa waa waa

hope your done cryin.
5-1 final.
you must of missed one with all those tears in your eyes.
:D

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm very sad that I missed one. I would have liked to have seen the celebration after the fifth goal. I bet it was magical.

Santos_L_Halper

Apr 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks

Thanks for the kind words. We definately played well today. Our only problem is bringing that kind of effort every week. The celebration on our 4th goal was a bit much. Sorry for that. Our second goal must have knocked some wind out of you. What happened there? Anyhoo, better luck next time.

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yawn!

PoCo Cat 2-0 Walley

The only way to desribe this game was to compare it watching womens soccer. PoCo played keep away for the majority. The last half Walley looked tired, appeared they were playing a 7-2-1 formation cause they just had no energy to push out or chase. PoCo's forwards were at a walking pace for the last 20mins:eek:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A bit much

Lions played a very good game. They found our weakness (the back line) and exploited it. We had a little trouble matching up with them as they had a distinct height advantage over most of our team.
Excuse me a second while I wipe the tears and blow my nose.
:rolleyes:
They played well but i agree that a celebration like that after a goal to go up 4-1 was pretty weak. Maybe if it was to go up 2-1 to win the game. Even your coach wasn't too impressed with that one.

Oh well, maybe next game we can pull it together.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0