Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CAT Division 1 CAT 2002/2003

Who will win the FVSL Division 1 CAT League this year?

• Poco City Dominion

Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Golden Ears United

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Chilliwack FC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Peace Arch United

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Langley United

• North Delta Lions

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Whalley Storm

• Total voters

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
We sure will have fun beating those teams!
Just as much fun as we did when we beat the Highlanders in the Prez cup final. And when we knocked them out of the Prez cup a year or so before that.

It must be nice knowing your a cat team consisting of a bunch of old knees, not going anywhere, knowing that your only sniff of success was the final you LOST in last year. Whats the odds of the Highlanders doing anything again. Keep yappin' boys, keep yappin'

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lion or maybe its Lyin'

You are in the wrong thread.... I believe you should be posting in the Div 3 & 4 thread.

I'm curious...if the Lions are so happy, why is it some have suddenly contacted the Highlanders because they want to play in a competitive div. not 3 or 4.

Congratulations you are the first team in FVSL history to win the Prez Cup and relegate yourselves 2 divisions.

Here is an idea how about we sell you back the Div 1 spot that was yours. Kind of like how we sold you your own beer after the Prez Cup.

One day you will figure it out. I don't have the energy to explain it.

:D

ndsfinest

Mar 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
If he should be postin in Div.3 thread, what the hell does that make you guys. (losing to the Lions)

It seems you have some anger towards the young Lions. I would be angry too, If I was in my 30's and the only chance I got to win a cup a bunch of young 20's came along and beat you. When you know your team is past its prime and was lucky to get there in the first place. Lets just see how the Highlanders do in Div.1
I guarantee they will be at the bottom of the pack. :D

Don't be mad. Just dream of how it could of been.

P.S. I heard the classy young Lions even shared all there beer with you after the game. To help you drown the pain of losing to them. AGAIN!

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
ndsfinest

Your post leads me to believe that you don't play for the Lions, so who do you play for?

No one on the Delta Premier team would stand up for the Lions. So you must play for some shite lower div team or one of the "young punk" U21 team that formed a new club with the Lions.

You registered in Mar 2002 for TTP and today was your first post! It took you 6 months to come up with that???

I'm looking forward to your next post in Feb 2003

Oscar Goldman

Mar 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
NDsfinest and LION

Hey guys why the drama? Can't we all just keep it real and love each other?

We are all saddened by the dire straits that the Lions find themselves in. Their decision to leave DELTA METRO appears to have backfired and reminds me of Shelley Long's departure from from the hit show Cheers. Her career was never the same again. I hope the Lions don't experience the same fate though I'm sure that a placement in division 4 would see players scrambling to play elsewhere.

With regard to the insults thrown at the aged Highlanders, I think our record speaks for itself. We have never finished less than 4th in a division and our lineup has become deeper each year, Unfortunately time waits for no man and our team has aged as well. When all is said and done, I enjoy our sole practice a week that features highball, pig, world cup and beer. We are also competitive each weekend which keeps things interesting.

Finally, we are a group or players who have come together from various backgrounds and long ago cut the umbilical cord that connected us to youth soccer. You can only breast feed for so long boys. I think John's nipples are about to fall off and I'm certain that he is no longer capable of lactating. (Sorry for that image John)

The Lions showed nothing but class after the President's Cup Final. It was noted and appreciated.

P.S. Is Corrado Lenzi really going Hollywood? Not since Pee-Wee Herman has an actor been able carry a movie so single-handedly. Bravo!

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oscar,

I just watched this new movie out called "Popular",
great Job, Oscar. I love the bloopers bit. Especially how you keep cutting to The Tender moments. Love it.
Good times had by all.

And just to keep on topic.
Soccer is fun too.
good luck this season.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Storm/Whalley United or whatever now go into CAT.

"Surrey City would like you to play CAT this year".

"Fcuk you, we're not playing CAT, we'll go on our own insted".

Three weeks pass.....

"Nyah, Nyah, nyah, we're on our own and we're playing CAT this year under a new name".

How does the name Counterproductive FC sound?
Better yet, Rocket Scientists United?

Yes fellas, DON'T play for a club with better facilities, better administration, and a huge future outlook who want you to stick around.
Insted, play out of Kwantlen Park on your ownio.

Brilliant.

Sorry for the punch in the balls, but I'm still shaking my head on this one.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wasn't going to comment, but I'm baffled too.

Guys have egos, and I guess they feel that their pride was stomped on a bit. Maybe insulted to have been asked to play cat for a year, for the better of the club, and to allow the Rangers to defend their Pak Cup(s). People get their noses out of joint- I would probably too if I was in that situation.

But...

Given three weeks to cool off, I would have probably looked at the big picture a little more analytically. What are my options? The Rangers are moving to over 30s next year, guaranteed. The 1st div spot will once again be available. Stick it out for a year, and even work w/ the Premier team to help feed players. Take advantage of great facilities, equipment supply, change rooms...and continue on with the great camaraderie that has developed with the other teams. Basically, suck it up for a season, and try and stay out of the politics.

Or...

Approach Surrey United before they decide to fold, and offer to play in the Premiership for them. Considering the success of the Storm in the Knight's league, this is conceivable.

Or...

Approach Delta about becoming their cat team. At least the team still has strong affiliation, and they get to stick it to SFC at the same time.

Now they're in the Cat league, unaffiliated with any Premier team, and not eligible for the Pak. Does Whaley even have a facility? Maybe there was some sponsorship money...who knows. Best-case scenario: the league might move them to 1st next year, but this isn't guaranteed by a long shot. If that happens, the team then needs to win the 1st division in 2003/2004 to earn promotion to Premier.

I'm not saying the group of players isn't talented enough- they are. Good coaching too. I wish the lads well. But the decision seems like it was made in anger, without really thinking about the situation clearly. It seems to me that they didn't broker as good a deal as they could have, and they have taken a couple of steps back. I sincerely wish the guys the best of luck, but it seems to me that they aren’t doing themselves much of a service with this decision.

Baffling.

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The long road...

In the long run maybe teams like the Lions and Storm breaking away to sart or join new clubs will make for a better Premier Div.

The problem now seems to be there are too few clubs that can support a Premier program. Maybe clubs should have more than 1 Premier team.

Quality teams that want to stay together and play at the highest level are not going to wait in line with a club that already has a young Premier team.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In the long run maybe teams like the Lions and Storm breaking away to sart or join new clubs will make for a better Premier Div.

Good observation. For the sake of the league, I hope so.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree, no one likes to be told what to do, but...

Cue Noel Gallagher:

And so, The Storm can wait
They know it's too late
As we're walking on by.....

And so, The Storm can wait...

But don't look back in anger
But don't look back in anger

I heard Dude say.......

Guitar riff...

At least not today.......

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Am I just so young, or are you just so old for me not to understand that?:D

Somebody tell me- did I just have the piss taken out of me?:confused:

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I may be old enough to be your Daddy, but...

In fact Dude, who is your Daddy?

That's right, me, BITCH! :D

Anyway, an Oasis album two records ago surely is not out of your era is it you little punk?

Just a little musical humour at the Storm's expense brother.

For the record:
NOW, you just had the piss taken out of you. :D ;)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyway, an Oasis album two records ago surely is not out of your era is it you little punk

Nothin'.

And nothin' on the comeback front either.
DOH!

Where's Razorback when you need him? ;)

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
little twist but this will happen

Once again our people in charge of running and making decisions for the Cat/Premier league have stayed consistant this year. They have let a team not affiliated with any club into the Cat league. Was it against policy? Not this year maybe next. If the past few years of policy/regulations/format changes are any indictaion of things to come, Storm will end up in the Premier league next year providing they show a good performance.

The league will look next year to increase the Premier Div back to 10 teams, they will take 1 team from Div 1 (that's all they will take as the top teams will likely already have a Prem/Cat team) and promote Storm to Premier. Similar way GEU and Alouette made it to Premier, spots were open and needed to be filled.

Just my two cents.

skytraindoesn'treallycareaboutLionsorStormasPoCowillbeatthemanyway:D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I could see that if the Storm were playing div. 1 and performed well, but it is acknowledged that the Cat league is weaker than 1st division. It would almost be like going from 2nd to Premier. I think the Storm are in for a 2 year wait, minimum, because you can't compare the two divisions.

But, there are other teams looking to make a push up. The Raiders will surely be gearing up to have a strong year, and earn Promotion. Aldergrove may be re-tooling, as could the Allouette. Then there are also some other teams that could surprise this year.

The 1st division is looking to be the most intriguing, for sure.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: little twist but this will happen

Originally posted by Skytrain
Similar way GEU and Alouette made it to Premier, spots were open and needed to be filled.

I wouldn't be surprised, very good point.

For once.

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Re: little twist but this will happen

Originally posted by Rangerforever

I wouldn't be surprised, very good point.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :rolleyes:

Dude,

I think with the recent changes within all the clubs (& the Pricks from Storm) the Cat could very well be the better Div as a whole. From all the garbage said on TTP about everyones Cat sides it could very well happen, with the exception of GEU;)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
(& the Pricks from Storm)

You said that, not me. I'm not going there, because I haven't burned any bridges with those guys.

I guess we'll have to see what all happens. Maybe one promoted from each division? Who knows...

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If we gave a shite

If anyone cared we would be offended by what Skycane said.

He is right though, the CAT division could definately be stronger, with exception of the GEU CAT team because they are even better than the GEU premier team and no other CAT team can say that!!!

:D

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0