Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CAT Division 1 CAT 2002/2003

Who will win the FVSL Division 1 CAT League this year?

• Poco City Dominion

Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Golden Ears United

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Chilliwack FC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Peace Arch United

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Langley United

• North Delta Lions

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Whalley Storm

• Total voters

Red Forever

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Storm bashing

What's all this bashing of the Storm? There is no-one around to defend them so I will take up their cause. Before anyone goes off no I dont play for them and I still play under SFC so I'm not doing this out of spite. They went and played under Whalley because of the way they were treated by the club. A certain Rangers coach came up to the Storm players( at least 15 witnesses by the way) and said they were going over 30's and the Storm should go CAT to help the club. The coach the had already put the Rangers in the 1st div and taken the Storms spot so they could defend the PAK cup. SFC had not even listed the Storm as part of their club. The Storm had to scramble to find a team to play under. That is why Whalley is where they are. There is no-one blocking their route up if they play well enough. I am good friends with a lot of them and I hope they personally come back and bite SurreyFC in the arse!!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Red,

Read very carefully into my posts.

The only bashing I've given is that I think they could have brokered a better deal for themselves, including sticking with the club for another year. Their sentiments, I can understand. But more than this, a general lack of communication on many different fronts can be blamed here. I won't get into that, because all my info is second hand.

I say that this whole scenario is truly a shame. Thos are great guys on that team- train hard, competitive as hell, and loyal to each other.

Also, it will take a minimum of two years before they can come back and bite SFC and make it hurt. That said, on paper, they are capable of getting the "job" done.

Anyhow, the season alignments are set. Looks like the league did the best with what they had to work with, and some pretty strong divisions have emerged. Best of luck to all (including the Storm).

Red Forever

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
No offence!

Dude trust me when I say that my post was directed towards you in any way. You are a good club guy and I will miss playing with you this season. Who the hell am I going to drink with till 5 after the Sunday morning games! My post was just to let off some steam. The club has sacrificed a good young team for the sake of 1 more season for the Rangers.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So let's start bashing the Rangers?

That's the justification now?

BTW, that "Rangers coach" also happens to be the Chair of the Men's Program, which encompasses, oh I don't know, maybe 6 fcuking teams?

In all due respect in your politeness:
Fcuk off soft head.

You have no idea what the fcuk you're talking about.
This is obviously something that has been brewing for a while and whatever their reasons, they're fcuking weak.

The Storm are the only ones who couldn't see reasonability over ego here.

I'm as disappointed as anyone that they left and it had to turn out this way.
It's sad we lost a good young team over this, I agree.
But, they're in the same position now that they would have been in anyway minus the fact they could be helping our premier program, BIG TIME.

As a "club" man, try playing the Devil's advocate here and you just might fcuking get it.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ranger bashing

We don’t bash the Rangers. We have internal club policies that prevent it:
· Never be disrespectful of the elderly.
· If the Rangers’ wheelchairs are damaged due to any form of bashing whatsoever, damaged wheelchairs shall be repaired at the expense of the “Basher”.
· Never slag the Rangers regarding hair loss / spare tie issues. They are very sensitive on these subjects, and the Rangers are liable to suffer from heart attacks due to high blood pressure.
· Any player slagging the Rangers on hair loss / spare tie issues is NOT entitled to life insurance payouts resulting from death of said Rangers due to heart attack..
· Be nice to them- they bite. The club has not budgeted for replacement dentures, and these are no longer covered by BC Med.

Again, I don’t make up the rules.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lets here the predictions?

I'll predict GEU / POCO,
It will be an even game only one goal will be the difference 2-1 GEU winning of course, and the GEU keeper to get his baby blue shirt dirty;)

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whalley Storm

Enough of the whining guys....

I love to see a bunch of never beens trying to slam a good squad... Maybe if the Storm could tie the Rangers shoes they would have stepped aside. I would rather be old and a has been than a never was.

Your team only had to wait one season for the Rangers to step aside but as Ranger stated your ego's got in the way. Maybe instead of whining the younger guys should have tried to learn a little something from the older guys.

The Storms attitudes will do Whalley proud. Are the Storm going to grow mullets this season? :wa:

If the Rangers place last in the league their your moaning will be justified....unlikely to happen though.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey is out?

Gay. I hope we play everyone three times then. A twelve game season isn't long enough.:mad:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Really, I don't think anyone will know the allignment until Friday afternoon. I'm sure the league is working on it. SFC could fill the spot w/ another team, for all I know...

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good in a way

Everyone else is playing 18 games, probably now so will CAT.

Possibly works out to 4 more games than you would of had if SFC had entered.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Go on Balsa, come out of the closet.

We have known it all along, the signs were there.

Go on, say it. C'mon my little lamb, we won't think badly of ya.

C'mon now, we can say it together. Ready......

"I"......."HAVE"....... nice, nice.

"ALWAYS" good, good, keep going now.

"WANTED" yup, yup.

"TO"........ "BE".....one more, one more.

"RANGER".

Awwww, do you feel better now, getting all that off your chest.

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bucky

My old friend Bucky...never a compliment from you. :D

All I can say is that I am too young to play for the Rangers:wa:

That is the only time I will ever be able to claim I am too young again.

Cheers

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco 3 - 0 GEU

Poco marched out 4 or 5 Premier guys to our one, but that wasn't the problem. Poco could have brought their Div 7 Overweight Womens team and they would have won. GEU were disorganised from the get go, and didn't use the midfield at all. I don't think we had any real chances the whole game.:(

Not a good way to start, but we'll put it behind us, and head to the Delview shite box for a Sunday matchup with the Lions.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree!

I'll agree with the last post we looked like dog poo poo. I don't think I can pin point what exactly went wrong due to the fact that everyone that walked on the pitch from GEU must of been heavily drinking:wa: No but we will need to pick up our socks and prepare for next week.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pinpoint

Bad marking was our problem. Too many guys roaming around without checks and when we did get the ball our midfield made runs only to have the guy lose the ball and catch us all out of position.

From my point of view on the left and right mid, we went up and down the middle of the park with the ball all day. The only time the ball was on the outside was when Poco had it.

(deep breath, think happy thoughts)

OK, I am calm again.
Better pick our asses up this week for the mud match at Delview.

:rolleyes:

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey FC

Originally posted by Red Forever
The club has sacrificed a good young team for the sake of 1 more season for the Rangers.

Red,

I disagree that "the club sacrificed" anything. The Storm made the decision to leave on their own. Here's why ...

Fact: The FVSL started it all when they changed the rules this year to allow ONLY div1 and prem teams in Pak Cup play. The Storm aspired to play in the Pak Cup and if they were a Cat team this year they would not have had that opportunity.

Fact: Surrey FC has the two-year Pak Cup championship team (Rangers). Not allowing them to defend their title is ridiculous after they bring back success and hardware to the club.

Fact: In the early summer, Surrey FC requested an additional div1 spot for the Storm. The league denied this request.

Fact: The club recognized the talent and youth on the Storm and saw them as a great resource in which to work with as a "reserve" team - ie: players moving up and down each weekend. This was especially desirable since the Premier team got the Friday night home slot which would allow players to play on both Friday and Sunday if need be. Let's be honest, many of the Storm can and will play Premier in the future.

Fact: The Storm refused to play as the Surrey FC Cat team. The Storm, as a team voted to leave Surrey FC. The club NEVER kicked them out. In fact, the club repeatedly asked them to stay.

Fact: The Fvsl finally offered Surrey FC an additional div1 spot one week prior to the beginning of the season (3 months after our initial request :confused: ). Immediately the club's "top brass" called the Storm coach to offer the spot to the team - exactly what they had asked for in the first place. There was no response from the Storm. Instead, the Storm phoned the league and asked for the spot under the Whalley club banner. The league refused -> hence the Storm are the Whalley Cat team. Bollocks wonders if this spot was offered to the team as a vote?

I think RF summed it up nicely. Here's just some facts for everyone to chew on before they start trying to take the piss out of SFC.

Bollocks

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts