Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canucks In The Offseason 2010

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm still looking for Ronaldo to score. Will I be waiting as long for this request?

:)

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
my thinking behind Cody Hodgson being traded is that he is *likely* not going to usurp Kesler or Hank anytime soon as a top 2 line centre, and his value will never be higher than it is today without him playing a game in the NHL, therefore why not try and parlay him into a prospect or powerforward? The Nucks desperately need another 6'1+ 200 lbs + guy to play the wing that can skate and not be a total plug like Bernier was.
Evander Kane is a beast, and you will have to overpay for him, its an unlikely move, but I was just throwing something out there. kane could play on our second or third line... whereas CoHo's NHL presence remains to be seen.

Bieksa is mistake prone and is heading towards becoming a UFA, and with the depth here, the Nucks have ZERO chance to resign him as he will want to go elsewhere to be a top 4 guy (like Toronto)

I see to start next year (as Burrows will miss some time)

Sedin - Sedin - Samuelsson
Raymond - Kesler - Schroeder (this line can skate!)
someone acquired in a bieksa deal - Malhotra - Hodgson/Hansen
Oreskovich - Perrault - Rypien/Glass
Hordi (spare part)

Edler - Hamhuis
Ehrhoff - Ballard
O'Brien - Salo
7th: Rome

Luongo
Schneider

You have Albatross Alberts and his 1mill in the AHL rotting.

for the trade: I look at teams way up against the cap that need D Help, or teams needing to get TO the Cap Floor... As Bieksa's actualy 10/11 Salary is 3.5 but his hit is 3.75 (which means they save a quarter million in real $$ Spent) think of teams like FLA, or ATL, NYI, STL, or Tampa (some of the teams don't need D men...

I think looking at that criteria you could look for:
Tampa: Steve Downie and a second rounder
ATL: Something and Bieksa for Evander Kane
Ottawa (who needs another top 4 dman badly) Chris Neal.
Boston (also needs DMen): Blake Wheeler.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
as for Tambellinni, I can't see him making the team, he will be the callup when a top 6 forward gets hurt and will be in the pressbox come playoffs as depth.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was thinking the same thing. But I agree with you to an extent about Hodgson. I'd almost rather see him develop here, and when he develops into the top centre he's projected to be we look at either trading Kesler (as the Sedins aren't going anywhere) or Hodgson himself. Teams are paying through the roof for young talent, could you imagine what we could get out of the Leafs seeing as what they gave up for Kessel? :)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
my thinking behind Cody Hodgson being traded is that he is *likely* not going to usurp Kesler or Hank anytime soon as a top 2 line centre, and his value will never be higher than it is today without him playing a game in the NHL, therefore why not try and parlay him into a prospect or powerforward?

I remember when the Sedins were on the 3rd line there were plenty of armchair GMs willing to deal him away. Who amongst us would go back in the hot-tub time machine and deal them, now w/ the benefit of hindsight?

Hodgson is a winner and a real special player. He transcends the prototypical blue chip in so many ways. You can't teach the will to win, and this kid has it, and has shown it in major World Championship competitions, playing in a leadership role. He has done more than either of the Sedins had at the same stage of their careers. If this guy has what it takes to play a role this year on the 3rd line, you give it to him. Through the year there will be injuries, and opportunities to fill in for the top two guys, or somewhere on their lines. He'll get in there to show his stuff.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ATL: Something and Bieksa for Evander Kane

Wow, you must think Atlanta management is retarded. What possible asset could be going the other way to convince them to both part with Kane AND take on Bieksa & his salary?

Seriously...let's try and be realistic here.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why deal Hodgson anyways? We saw last year that Kesler can play the wing when Sundin was here. Hodgson can't skate as well as Kesler so I think he's better suited to play center. So if he develops you can always move Kesler to the wing and he can be 2nd line center.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why deal Hodgson anyways? We saw last year that Kesler can play the wing when Sundin was here. Hodgson can't skate as well as Kesler so I think he's better suited to play center. So if he develops you can always move Kesler to the wing and he can be 2nd line center.

Totally forgot about that, think of how sick a second line that would be!

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Highly doubt that, both Malholtra and Hodgson have played on the wing for periods of time in their careers, and both have said they'll play anywhere needed (Hodgson saying he'll play anywhere for an NHL job). Why he'd want to leave a team like Vancouver to go somewhere else is idiotic.

Stal why are you defending your point of view, look who posted the original comment.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hodgson not in prospects camp, although the Canucks told him to stay in Ontario and train so read into that what you will.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hodgson won't be in prospects camp because the nucks have him working with Dave Gagner on his aggressive conditioning program... Lawrence Gillman was on the air last week saying that his not coming to prospects camp is nothing to worry about. He will be at main camp and they fully expect him to push for a spot on the roster this year.

As far as SOB. Him accepting a 1 year QO leaves me thinking he is off, he just accepted it, If I was Gillis I would have tried to get him on a two or three year deal, why only 1? He is now a UFA as of July 1 2011.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
With SOB, I think this is his "last chance" year. As in we like your development, quit being a donkey. As for Hodgson, I knew that, but was trying to get Franchise riled up about him being traded again.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0