Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canucks In The Offseason 2010

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
When will you guys believe me ..... the Canucks suck! You get pumped every year for these guys only to let you down every year. You should become" NHL hockey fans" and not " Canucks fans" ...it's so much easier!

How do they suck? By being the second highest scoring team in the league? By having an Art Ross and Hart Trophy winner on their team? They far from suck, we are not Edmonton or Toronto by any means. And I'd rather be let down by a loss in the playoffs, than be super excited to be in the Taylor Hall/Tyler Seguin sweepstakes every year.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I actually like that, I'm hoping SOB sticks around, but I can't wait for Thursday, going to be very interesting for the Canucks.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Arbitration is ugly in itself, I know you'll be seeing Raymond there. I hope he accepts his QO, would be great value at $783K.

Never going to happen... I'd almost like to see the Nucks use him to bait another team for an offer sheet... Especially if Schroeder and Hodgson are going to be thrown into the fire this year.

25 goals and over 50 points from Raymond puts him at what? 2.5-4 Mill per? Statistically he is in the same range (Points to games played) as Kunitz (3..725 Cap hit) Upshall (2.25) T. Ruutu (3.8) Stoll (3.6)

I don't think the Nucks can afford him at that wage... not with little more than 8 mill in space left and 5-6 guys yet to sign up and make a run at someone in July as a UFA... perhaps he too is trade bait. What can you get for him and Bieksa?

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Never going to happen... I'd almost like to see the Nucks use him to bait another team for an offer sheet... Especially if Schroeder and Hodgson are going to be thrown into the fire this year.

25 goals and over 50 points from Raymond puts him at what? 2.5-4 Mill per? Statistically he is in the same range (Points to games played) as Kunitz (3..725 Cap hit) Upshall (2.25) T. Ruutu (3.8) Stoll (3.6)

I don't think the Nucks can afford him at that wage... not with little more than 8 mill in space left and 5-6 guys yet to sign up and make a run at someone in July as a UFA... perhaps he too is trade bait. What can you get for him and Bieksa?

I had figured he would be trade bait, but because he has arbitration rights I don't think you can sign him to an offer sheet? Though that would be great, since for that price range you'd get some nice picks in return. If they really are making a move for Hamhuis (or any other high priced UFA) Bieksa and Raymond don't fit and Hodgson and Schroeder would have to be expected to make the jump, or we're in cap trouble.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
You can offer sheet anyone unsigned, the team that owns the rights has to match or take the compensation, even if he has been qualified.

Thinking to myself though, they aren't going to have much of a second line if Raymond goes, as they need to play someone with Kesler and Samuellsson/Burrows (Whoever isn't playing with the twins) and will need someone to play with Hodgson and/or Schroeder.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
kurtis foster would look good in canuck colors

I still have the feeling that Hamhuis is going to be a Canuck. Seems like nothing doing on the Pittsburgh front now, although he may just be waiting to see what everyone will be offering, but I have this feeling he's going to end up a Canuck, and Bieksa will be traded for a 3rd liner with some grit.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I still have the feeling that Hamhuis is going to be a Canuck. Seems like nothing doing on the Pittsburgh front now, although he may just be waiting to see what everyone will be offering, but I have this feeling he's going to end up a Canuck, and Bieksa will be traded for a 3rd liner with some grit.

does the free agent signing start at 12pm eastern 9 pacific or 3 eastern 12 pacific

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0