Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canucks In The Offseason 2010

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
seems like a lot of money to me for a guy who has a career high in points of 35... you can get plenty of good skating defensive centreman who can't score for less than that.

he had less points than Brendan Morrison last year, although he won a ton of faceoffs and was good on the pk. You think Morrison wouldn't sign here for less than that?

I'm not sure on this one yet.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Today is one of the happiest days in my life... I just gained at least 79 days a year w/o out shouting "fcuking Bieksa!"

He is as good as done in Vancouver, welcome Hammy!!!!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
no doubt!!!

Hamhuis is a great coup for Gillis... that's a case of a guy taking a "home town discount"

and Jeff Tambellini too.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another side note, I would have liked to See the kid who used to sharpen my skates traded to the Canucks but he's off to Atlanta.(Andrew Ladd)

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
bieska for filitov? Do it!

sedin sedin samuelson
burrows kesler malhotra
raymond hodgson filitov
tambelinni Rypien Oreskovich

hansen
hordicuk
glass

Hamhuis Edler
Ballard Ehrhoff
Salo O'brien

rome
alberts

Pretty sick

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
You'll see Malholtra on the 3rd line, he's the type of player we need there, Hodgson would probably be shifted to the wing. You may see Schroeder on the 2nd line to start the season if Burrows hasn't fully healed from shoulder surgery.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Schroeder on the 2nd line over Tambellini?

Sedin-Sedin-Sammy
Raymond-Kesler-Tambi
Hodgson-Malholtra-???
???-???-???

Help me fill in the blanks, maybe the russian who isn't russian but born and raised in Ontario fits in there somewhere :)

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd say on the 3rd or 4th for sure, hits like a truck and can skate. It's actually quite tough to pick where everyone is going to slot in other than the top line. And yes, Schroeder over Tambi, at $500K Tambi was not brought in to be a scorer, nor is he a scorer. That's what Schroeder is supposed to do so if he's going to be up here he needs to play in that role.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gillis was on the Team this morning and they are actually pretty high on Tambi saying he is the 'replacement' for Grabner... mentioned he can play on hte powerplay and has a good shot. I'll take Gillis' opinion over any TTP knucklehead - unless he doesn't unload Bieksa :mad:

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fair enough, I totally expected Gillis to come out and say "well, we signed Tambi because he's from here. He can't really skate or shoot, but we felt bad that he played for NYI so we thought we'd throw him a bone". I have yet to see any GM come out and not praise a new signing/draft pick.

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why would you speak poorly of someone you plan to shell out hundreds of thousands of dollars to in order to play hockey for your team? You obviously feel he's worth it, right?

Hodgson and Bieksa for Evander Kane? Are you on glue? Kane is good, but Hodgson still has a ridiculous amount of potential. DO NOT TRADE CODY HODGSON.

We need a quality third line winger (like Andrew Ladd) for Bieksa to play with Malhotra and Hansen. I would also like to see O'Brien traded for another defenceman. He wore out the patience of the coaching staff last year and they've grown tired of his crap. His game improved a bit last year but to me, the negatives outweigh the positives.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Look for Cody Hodgon and his agent to request trade out of Vancouver very soon

Highly doubt that, both Malholtra and Hodgson have played on the wing for periods of time in their careers, and both have said they'll play anywhere needed (Hodgson saying he'll play anywhere for an NHL job). Why he'd want to leave a team like Vancouver to go somewhere else is idiotic.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0