Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canucks In The Offseason 2010

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought he could be traded also, really I think we could get more back for him now than ever... That being said, if he is healthy and fit, he could play wing or centre, and share the position with Malhotra or Kesler I'd keep him... if not for any other reason than he is cheap compared to other contracts we could have.

SOB gets a rough ride imho, I think he brings a lot to this team... When he was playing well down the stretch and through the playoffs I thought the only DMen better than him were Edler (at times) and Ehrhoff.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
With SOB, I think this is his "last chance" year. As in we like your development, quit being a donkey. As for Hodgson, I knew that, but was trying to get Franchise riled up about him being traded again.

No need to do that......

its common sense that he isnt happy with organization and to trade him now would be the smart move

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
On Dec 11 the Rogers Arena is wasting roof space by retiring Markus Naslunds number.........

WOW is the only word....WOW

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, I was thinking that too. Read today that they have a strict criteria for retiring numbers, commitment to community/organiztation etc. I'm not sure how I feel about it though.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
IMHO, the only Nucks worthy of having their shirts hang are the ones currently there.

Naslund, Tanti, Bure, McLean, Lumme, Kurtenbach, Gradin, Ohlund (one day) etc should all go into this wall of fame or ring of honour etc they are talking about.

Greatness or Leadership should dictate these sorts of things, not who was best for one or two years...

the only current Nucks with any shot of having their shirts retired under my criteria are the Sedins, Luongo, and Kesler, but championships and other hardware need to be delivered first.

Having things like Divisional Banners etc hanging in the rafters to me is celebrating mediocraty, the same thing applies to having small-window-superstars having their #'s retired.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
jeff brown and kirk mclean should have thier numbers retired hanging side by side in the rafters

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I mean that if he was to become a Captain, play his whole career here, and lead the team to a cup or two.

I don't mean that he is currently on the path.

Garth Butcher, Dave Babych, Kevin McCarthy, and Dana Murzyn are upset you didn't mention them ;)

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good thing we haven't traded Bieksa yet, just got an alert from the Canucks, Sami Salo out with a torn achilles from playing ball hockey. Very surprised.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
the biggest joke is he will still get paid while being off from a "ball hockey" injury

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Like the guys on the radio this morning said, guys do worse.. waterskiing/wakeboarding etc...

FFS Alex Burrows was the captain of the National Ball Hockey team while under contract with the Nucks and Moose at one time! :eek:

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuk that...no ones #'s should be hung on the rafters till someone leads this team to a stanley cup! It may never happen!

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone seen my walker! Seriosly though retiring a canucks jersey? They should do it half way thru the players career in Vancouver!

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0